Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ThePolice
    Started by ThePolice,

    Not to delve too much in to the world of vetting, however I have a problems that's nagging the hell out of me. My parents, who I live with, had problems with money (Dad had a good job etc. Redundancies, you know the story), and they're on a Debt Management Plan, and have CCJs I think. Now my finances are great, I work for a bank so I handle mine really well, the only thing I have is a car loan, which I always pay on time and have never missed a payment. My question is, will my 'rents situation affect me!? Many thanks in advance guys . Dan PS I've passed my A/C, so I'm awaiting my vetting forms.

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. gemini83
    Started by gemini83,

    Hello Guys Just a bit of advice again i have my day again in April so looking at re joining, do you think it is worth me going for this again to eventually become a reg or should i apply for the CNC but risk the travel ? im 28 and my life is ticking away any news on any other force recruiting yet ? Mark

    • 7 replies
    • 896 views
  3. Terry K
    Started by Terry K,

    Hello All, It has been around 7 months since i last applied to become a special, and around 13 months since i applied for a paid position. I just want to ask a question regarding my handwriting. When i write something, i can always read it back, but sometimes others have problems deciphering it. My problem is that South Yorkshire Police, my local police, only accept hand written application forms. I was wondering if i would get marked down for this.

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. GMP_Lee
    Started by GMP_Lee,

    Hi, To date i've passed paper sift, assessment centre and the fitness test. The next step to get past is the medical. I've just calculated my BMI to be 33.4 and have a feeling i'll need to get this down. What kind of diet and foods should i be looking at ? I'd need to loose around 2 stone to bring my BMI down to an acceptable level. I'm already going to the gym at work. My medical should be in the next few weeks.

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 2.5k views
  5. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    if you have seen any of my previous posts you will have noticed i have a very inquisitive mind and get curious about things.... well this time im wondering what were peoples scores on the dynamic strength test to see what the highest score was... no porky pies please people lol or if you know of someone who had a particularly high score feel free to say that.. in addition to that feel free to say how far you got on bleep test and other high scores you know of in the fitness test. cheers people King Swann

      • Like
    • 65 replies
    • 3.8k views
  6. Specialeyes
    Started by Specialeyes,

    Hi I am not normally one to complain, but the systems in place to process application in the MET appear to be appalling. I would go as far as to say they are some of the worst I've seen... Having got through both Stages 1 and 2, I had to provide a document (change of name) after stage 2 - I got a new document express delivered and made an appointment to hand deliver the following week. I got a friendly email to remind me, so I called and all was well. I took my document in (after the gate men seemed about to explode at the admin/vetting department for not informing them!) and it was photocopied etc, and was told to wait. This morning - a week later, I get a letter t…

      • Like
    • 31 replies
    • 3.1k views
  7. Alex-applying-for-specials
    Started by Alex-applying-for-specials,

    Hey guys was recently succsessful with my application have my assessment on the 28th really nervous :/ what will happen at my assessment ? Do I sit a Interveiw awell as my tests ?

    • 7 replies
    • 911 views
  8. ProfPlum
    Started by ProfPlum * ,

    Morning All, Well tomorrow morning is the day of my assessment for GMP. A little nervous... However i'm focusing a lot on the core competencies and prepping myself to ensure my interview answers are geared towards showing those qualities. I've just found this site and noticed the courses available to help... Wish i had known that a month ago! Nevermind, any last minute advice you guys and girls could give? The interview is the part i'm most nervous about, is there a part which you found more difficult? Thanks! Pete

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
    Silverwillow1546620257
  9. Emerald1546620707
    Started by Emerald1546620707,

    Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me. I'm trying to fill out my application form for the Specials and the Competency based questions are giving me a bit of grief! I'm trying to answer the Race and Diversity one and I'm struggling with an example. I used to work at a mental health hospital with people who had learning difficulties and mental health issues. I don't really know how to work this in with the questions, I can't really think of a situation that would answer this question well. There was a time when I went out one night with one of the residents and another health care worker to the cinema. As the other health care worker was driving, I sat in the bac…

    Silverwillow1546620257
  10. Samantha'sammie'Fisher
    Started by Samantha'sammie'Fisher,

    Ive just sent my application form away for the police specials. What will happen next?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. retro100
    Started by retro100,

    Hi all when I was 17 i got in trouble with the police for an offence. im now 18 and looking to apply to the police. the furthest this went was getting my name wrote down in the officers notebook and a stern talking to in the car. do i need to mention this on the vetting?

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  12. alert123
    Started by alert123,

    Hi, people I have my first day training soon and wasnt sure what was required for uniform, as i have got everything but dont know what bits to wear and what not to wear. I would like some opinion on this plz, thanks

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 1.6k views
    Josh'Grizzly'Gregory
  13. Cammyg92
    Started by Cammyg92,

    Please Delete Post.

    • 2 replies
    • 656 views
  14. Gaulty17
    Started by Gaulty17,

    I got in touch with West Yorkshire Police to find out I have passed them both and will be invited too the next training course! It's been a long process from when I first applied back in early November time, but well worth it now! Just want to crack on with training and get out there now! Also thanks to everyone thats helped me on here since December when I signed up! Been so much help in getting me to this stage! Anyone who wants to ask anything about the application process just give us a shout! Thanks again! :D

    • 11 replies
    • 668 views
  15. saltaformaggio
    Started by saltaformaggio,

    Hi, I have just received letter today informing me that i was unsuccessful in the vetting process. It is down to my financial situation, i think. The vetting all passed, just my personal vetting failed. They informed me that someone will call me as to the reason. I was in an IVA, and i trust this to be the reason. VERY angry that someones finacial situation can affect something they have always dreamed to do. I got top scores in all the recruitment process, have nearly finished my (hons) degree, and because my credit scoring is poor, and got in a little debt, as I was a student, I am being discriminated against. In this finacial climate, I do not know many people…

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.