Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Paul1967
    Started by Paul1967,

    Does anyone know if the NPIA mark you competencys on just content or spelling as well I mean surely someone who provides excellent answers but has terrible spelling cannot pass, or maybe they can??????? Is a certain percent marked on the spelling alone i wonder. Also i read somewhere on here a guy got a C overall for his competencys and failed. So what grade do you need for a pass then?? Lots of questions here, any answers would be grateful. Thankyou

    • 4 replies
    • 726 views
  2. Pikachu

    I'm 17 years old, I chose Electrical engineering last year. At the end of this year i'm going to be changing to a national diploma in Public services. This should see me through until I am 18 - 19, I then want to get into policing. So my main question is, do you thing that a national diploma in public services will help me in getting into policing? Many thanks...

      • Like
    • 23 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Harrovian1546081228
  3. Gaulty17
    Started by Gaulty17,

    Hi guys, I have my medical on Monday for West Yorkshire Police and I'm just wanting to know what I should expect on the day? Also given that its a medical should I presume this is the last stage of the recruitment process and that my vetting etc is all fine? Many thanks for any help or advice given. Josh

    • 14 replies
    • 832 views
  4. Wrighty112
    Started by Wrighty112,

    i found this book on www.play.com http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/309602/How-To-Pass-The-Police-Initial-Recruitment-Test/Product.html?ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&ptsl=1&ob=Price&fb=0&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchstring=police+PIRT+testing&d=1&urlrefer=search I know its been used, but will be a good help either way. There are a few more on there and for £2.49 you cant go wrong, even if it does end up collecting dust eventually.

    • 6 replies
    • 773 views
  5. SC Ollie
    Started by SC Ollie,

    Hello, This is my first post on here. I have my interview for West Mercia Special Constabulary tomorrow. I have read that a suit should be worn, I am 18 years old and I don't own a suit. I don't really want to spend money on a suit for it to be worn once and sat in my wardrobe for the rest of the time. Do you think the attached picture is smart enough? If it isn't I will get a suit in the morning but I am hoping I will get away with it? The outfit is: White shirt Tie Black smart jumper Smart trousers Smart black shoes. Thanks Ollie

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 2k views
  6. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    :smiley_help: hi my name is adam i am 20 years old, i am thinking of training to be a police officer - is there anyone out there training at the moment or is there anyone that has trained and would be able to give me advise on applying to join the police? :smiley_help:

    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  7. MrKguy
    Started by MrKguy,

    this has been in restricted occupations for a while without a reply, so posted here instead do any of you know if customs and excise is a restricted occupation? thanks

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 542 views
    Alison1546081017
  8. Stephen93
    Started by Stephen93,

    Hi there, im a newbie , Quick question (hopefully). Im wanting to join the specials but last year i was on a boys holiday in greece and brought back a baton ( i know it was bad ) but the guy in the shop said as long as you keep it in your suitcase and dont take it out of the house, which i wouldnt of, it would of been fine. But when i was going through customs i had them siezed by a nice guy who believed i didnt know they were illegal and said that would be the end of the matter, so i am in 2 states of mind whether to declare it because that would show honesty but also show my stupidity or dont declare it as the guy said that was the end of the matter there and then but…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 832 views
  9. SpecialL
    Started by SpecialL,

    Had issues with restraints at psp namely to say they showed us too many too fast and now I can only remember a few. Does anyone know where there's details on how to do them?? Diagrams?? Step by step stuff?? Any information would be really appreciated. I'm only small and female so really want these down to a t if I can. Thanks

      • Like
    • 21 replies
    • 760 views
  10. Alex_101
    Started by Alex_101,

    Hello I've recently stumbled across the community and some of the material is very helpful. I just have a few questions that hopefully you can assist me with. I am just completing my application to met specials and i'm having trouble deciding which training to pick. I would like to do the intensive but i am unsure if it will conflict a lot with my other commitments. So i was wondering if someone can give me a rough idea, if i applied today and passed all the assesments and vetting, when could i expect my training to be? Also, in which stage would my application be in around August? as i have a holiday booked. I know this is all thinking very optimistically of…

    • 1 reply
    • 495 views
  11. easy6826
    Started by easy6826,

    Hi all, well I had my assessment day for Derbyshire Police on Saturday and it could not of gone more wrong if I tried. First, the interview...did not go well, I have so much experience in dealing with people, working for an airline, tour operator and now at a railway station, where I deal with real incidents on a daily basis, however the interview went appalingly. I was waffling on, did not feel comfortable and basically, I usually perform well in interviews, but not this one. Then with regards to the situational judgement test, I am now doubting every answer that I put down. I usually have a good vibe after I have been for a job interview and know when I have perfor…

    • 34 replies
    • 2.6k views
  12. gav1334
    Started by gav1334,

    Have got my initial interview coming up, do I need to take anything with me regarding paperwork etc???

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 534 views
  13. MuratYuksel
    Started by MuratYuksel,

    Hi all Starting my training 14 March INTENSIVE (I know many posts on this) but just wondering when we would actually recieve our uniform, simply because I want to know if I need to bring any big bags as Ive read from previous posts. Would help if anyone has just finished and could let others know as well Just to tell all of you, I called the training school and asked when we recieve our uniform and a lady told me it would not be until the final week of our training ?? :S:S ermm puzzled... I certainly am

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 787 views
  14. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Hey I had my medical today to become a special with Gwent. I failed. I failed on the hearing test and spirometry test. Has anyone had any problems with these ? I'm not making excuses up, but the soundbooth wasn't soundproof as i could easily hear footsteps and the phones ringing. I was pretty nervous and all i could hear through the headphones was my heartbeat. The nurse said the result was very bad for someone of my age, eventhough i passed my annual hearing test a few months back for the TA. After being told this, it got me down, during the spirometry test i couldn't give a proper reading, again, recentley passed it for the TA. Anyone got any advice on what i sho…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. Captain Vault
    Started by Captain Vault,

    Hi! I am currently thinking about applying to be a Special (actually, I've stopped thinking about now, I'm b****y well going to do it!) but wondered if you could clarify a few things for me? I live in BS16, Bristol, near the border with S. Glos and I work ALL over S. Glos with the Local Authority, so I know it very well indeed. I am looking to experience many different types of police work, but ultimately would like to get some experience with Traffic, as I have already passed my IAM Advanced Driving Test and love driving full-stop. I understand Bristol only take applicants from within the city boundary, but could I ALSO apply to S. Glos to try and get stationed at St…

    • 6 replies
    • 688 views
    Captain Vault

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.