Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. 288
    Started by 288,

    I have my interview on Wednesday and I have been sat at my desk all day thinking about answers for the interview but I haven't come up with much! I really want to get in and I am now stressed and angry with myself because I don't think I will. I know I have the experience but I just cannot put it into an answer! I am so annoyed! I can think of examples from work, would it be frowned upon having them all from work? I don't want to fail so late in the application process, the police is all I have wanted to do and this would be the first step. Cheers, Neil

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. rgrand86
    Started by rgrand86,

    Hi all, I received my interview date via letter on Tuesday 22nd Feb to attend my interview the following Tuesday 1st March but was just wondering if I should have received my information pack regarding competency questions yet?? Many thanks for any replies! Rachael

    • 5 replies
    • 514 views
  3. Loudand
    Started by Loudand,

    Hi , I've just heard from HR everything complete and vetting clear! Applied to BTP North East 01/12/10 Passed paper sift 02/01/11 Attended A/C 15/01/11 Attended Medical 10/02/11 Attended Fitness/ Uniform Fitting 19/02/11 Comfirmation of vetting clearance 24/02/11

    • 4 replies
    • 623 views
  4. RunningTings
    Started by RunningTings,

    Happened about an hour ago, was in a private car park and was just giving the car a spin with a mate in the passenger (no wheel spinning, no acceleration or loud noise, just literally a drive around the carpark though not paying attention to the parking space markings because it was empty. Really foggy too, then out of nowhere we saw 3 cop cars all come in to the car park (I've never seen police in there ever, so it was unusual for 3 to come strolling in at 2am). Anyway, they pulled up next to me, did the usual checks and said I had a clean licence and to keep it that way. Nothing official given, literally words of advice - however the officer was writing something on a …

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 616 views
  5. Jvannoor
    Started by Jvannoor,

    I had my assessment today for Lancashire Constabulary and although I think I did well in parts I think I might suffer in others. Now got to wait seven days to find out if I've passed or not :/ Does anybody know if there is a pass mark as such or a percentenage?

    • 2 replies
    • 485 views
  6. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    Hello! I am applying to A&S and in my application it asks about Family and Adults that live with you. The 2 guys I live with are not Family but they have records for affray, there is no section in the application that asks about other peoples records, but is this likely to affect my app? Cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 601 views
    Alison1546081017
  7. Tbartonâ„¢
    Started by Tbartonâ„¢,

    Good afternoon all. When i did my fitness yesterday morning we all got vetting forms to fill out and send back to GMP. What i want to know is was i meant to put medical forms in with the forms or not? I don't remember seeing it saying that. Tbarton

    • 5 replies
    • 584 views
  8. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    Hello everyone! A friend of mine has pointed out that the CNC are recruiting. I have no Policing experience, the closest thing I can think of is Festival Security and Doorwork (which I not saying is like Police work just saying its the closest thing I have done in terms of dealing with public, interacting with Police etc) I went on the Avon and Somerset ride along scheme where I joined 3 nice coppers on a 23:00 -07:00 friday night shift in Bristol. Basically what I am asking is would I be wasting my time applying for the CNC and be better off sticking to the Specials? Cheers

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.4k views
  9. norfolklass
    Started by norfolklass,

    Hi everyone!! so i passed the pirt just before christmas and was told that there would be a slight wait for the interview stage. I have now recieved a date through the post.... 1st feb!!!! reading throught the posts on here it seems that each force does things very differently, i have not recieved anything through the post such as a pack to tell me what to expect at the interview just simply a date and time to turn up!! I understand that i will be asked questions based on the key areas...."respect for race and diversity" etc etc........ so heres my problem, im 23 and have for the best part of my life have been raising my 2 children so im struggling to think of scena…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. SM17HY1546081268
    Started by SM17HY1546081268,

    Morning all, Forgive me if this has been asked and answered before but has anyone on here ever used one of these courses where you get 'insider' help on the recruitment process? Like the one advertised at the top of the forum 'In2Police' or the 'How2Become' courses? If yes, were they useful? Thanks Tom

    • 4 replies
    • 684 views
  11. herts123
    Started by herts123,

    Hello, Is there any 'at home' preparation I can do for the push and pull test? I put my other half on a chair and sat behind him and pushed him away from me and pulled him towards me lol and he is 85kg. Is there anything more realistic I can do to prepare? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 514 views
  12. Paul1967
    Started by Paul1967,

    Hi, Can anyone give example of Race and Diversity Obviously examples are only specific to individuals but any help should clarify what a typically good answer would be on an application. Note: Before anyone asks, Yes i know it has to come from the individual and any examples wont be copied. Purely an insight into what others have come up with.

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.5k views
  13. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    Hello everyone! I am currently in the process of filling out my Specials application, and I was wondering if anyone knew if time in the Specials would be recognized should anyone apply for Policing jobs abroad for example Oz, Canada, New Zealand? I know other factors and requirements are involved but I was just wondering! Cheers Chris

    • 6 replies
    • 679 views
  14. progolfer
    Started by progolfer,

    Has anyone got any experience or thoughts from their interview for the specials? I've got my assessment centre lined up on the 18th feb and would like to get an idea of what to expect? Ive memorised the core competencies and have seen them in working practice during an operation insight with a friend who is a regular in cambridgeshire constabulary. Any thoughts would be much appreciated

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.3k views
  15. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    With regards to minimum hours of volunteer work per week, what is the situation if I wanted to go on holiday for 3 or 4 weeks? Can it be a minimum hours of work per month? How does this work? Cheers, Louise :)

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Aran PatrolStore

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.