Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ds1989
    Started by ds1989,

    They say you bring the skills you learn as a Special Constable back to your normal workplace, but what skills can I bring in to the Police that would be useful to them that I do in my regular job? (btw i'm a Passenger Carrying Vehicle Engineer - Buses)

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 691 views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  2. Mykee
    Started by Mykee,

    Anyone else smoke? Got my Day 2 assessment next week and A) I'm worried about the beep test and B) Going hours without a smoke. Really need to quit tbf.....

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 777 views
  3. NewhamSC
    Started by NewhamSC,

    I have my medical and fitness test coming up! I was just wondering what happens if my BMI is too high and my body fat is over 30%? Do they give you a certain amount of time to reach the requirements? I read somewhere that someone failed and they had to get a note from their doctor confirming their BMI is below 35! Is this the case for all applicants?

    • 16 replies
    • 998 views
  4. Loudand
    Started by Loudand,

    Hi Everyone, This is how it has gone me for me so far, Applied - 2 weeks before Xmas Assessment Centre in Leeds- 16th Jan- Passed! Medical in Notts today- Passed! Next stop 19th Feb - Manchester - Fitness test and uniform fitting. i am hopefully going to be based in Leeds, i am just wondering if there is anyone else on here that is on this intake or works in Leeds?? :rolleyes:

    • 0 replies
    • 423 views
  5. adiportsmouth
    Started by adiportsmouth,

    Hi, have completeed all assessments, etc, just waiting for background checks to come back. I have heard a lot of comflicting opinions regarding BMI - some say that over 30 you are immediately excluded, others say you will have to see an occ health nurse, some say it doesnt really matter.... What is Hampshire's view on this? My BMi is currently around 30 (30.2), but i play sport every day, and do a considerable amount of weight training at the gym, i'm a 34 inch waist, and wouldn't really class myself as "obese" - I think most people agree that the BMI is flawed, and surely a policy of "over 30 and your not eligable" would be bordering on discrimination, let alone being…

    • 7 replies
    • 553 views
  6. watermelon
    Started by watermelon,

    Hi everyone, I applied to be a special for North Wales Police last June. My application got completed early January, I passed my medical, interview welsh test etc. I am hoping to start training in the March intake however they are still reviewing my file and I am very worried! They have being reviewing since January... I've been ringing up every few days hoping for good news. I find it worrying that they are reviewing my file? :whistle2: Does it mean anything serious or is it normal? I've never been in trouble with police before... Any feedback I'd appreciate. (hopefully positive) Thanks!

    • 3 replies
    • 505 views
  7. FleaHop
    Started by FleaHop,

    Hello all (my first posting here). I'm currently completing the Met's application form to become a Special and have come to the part about convictions. I've searched other posts on here but haven't found an answer to my queries. Firstly, I've had only one SP30 or SP50. I received an uncontested 3 points and can't remember what the fine was nor can I remember if it was a 50 or a 30. I seem to remember it was a SP30 even though it was on a stretch of the M4. Anyway, it has been cleared from my licence and the online form won't let me be vague about dates, etc. Should I fill in a 'guess' date, just so that the form will allow me to send it, and then explain it in the 'Any …

    • 6 replies
    • 648 views
  8. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    Does anybody know how long it usually takes from submiting your vetting forms to getting a medical date for Cheshire?

    • 9 replies
    • 870 views
  9. Marricked
    Started by Marricked,

    Hi guys, Say I apply to a force in October, and find out in February I've been unsuccessful, for example due to a problem with vetting/medical/fitness test or something, could I reapply the following month as it has been 6 months since I last applied to a force, or would I have to wait until 6 months has passed from the date I found I was unsuccessful?

    • 5 replies
    • 555 views
  10. KranjcarBlue
    Started by KranjcarBlue,

    Hi Guys, im nearing the end of the recruitment process for the Specials (hopefully) and so hope to be training as soon as possible. However, hopefully one day i can move on up into the regular police force using the experience and skills that i hope to have learned from the specials. My question is, are special constables looked upon favourably when joining the regulars as opposed to your normal applicant? In other words, would i have more chance of getting into the regulars having been a special? Any help would be much appreciated!

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Topman1546081267
    Started by Topman1546081267,

    Hello, Does anyone know what a good blood pressure reading would be for the medical and any other bits of information about it ? Thanks Oliver

    • 4 replies
    • 580 views
  12. adiportsmouth
    Started by adiportsmouth,

    Hi, Just seen on the Hampshire website that some SC's man police launches or work with Traffic.... How do you go about this? I am currently just waiting for my backgorund checks to come back, and either the Marine Unit or traffic interest me - I have been a powerboat instructor/trainer for many years, and a sailing coach etc, so love being on the water, but equally enjoy driving, so traffic appeals too!! Any direction would be appreciated!!

    • 4 replies
    • 612 views
  13. mcclure1546081253
    Started by mcclure1546081253,

    I went for my Day 1 on 27th Oct for the MET and still haven't heard anything back from them. so it's over 6 weeks now. I've rung up the call centre twice, both times they said there was no info on me and they'd get someone to call back with info... still nothing. I was wondering if people with their experience think this is either a good or bad sign? if I had failed would they not have told me within the two weeks? also wondering if anyone else currently applying to the met is also still waiting around to hear? or already found out since October. cheers.

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
    mcclure1546081253
  14. Wrighty112
    Started by Wrighty112,

    Hey guys, applied to become a special in the Cumbrian Constabulary last month. Finished work today to find a letter inviting me to the PIRT (in due course). Been thinking about apply for a few years but something always got in the way, so after a chat with my employer to see if he had any reservations (he didn't) I put pen to paper an posted the application on the 21st Jan. Wrighty :-)

    • 7 replies
    • 495 views
  15. Paulingtons1546620701
    Started by Paulingtons1546620701 * ,

    Hi there guys, My name is Paul and I'm an 18 year old full-time Sixth Form student due to head off to University to study Medicine soon. My aim is to become an orthopaedic surgeon, however, I also wish to become a Police Officer and becoming a Special Constable for the Avon and Somerset Constabulary will allow me to fulfill that role whilst still achieving my other goals in life. This has been brought on by me having a rather horrible motorcycle accident in October of 2009 that very nearly claimed my life and nearly ripped my family apart. I feel as if I have been given a second chance and want to make the most of it by doing what I want to do and helping other people. …

    • 3 replies
    • 2.8k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.