Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Padz 1999
    Started by Padz 1999,

    Hi team , hope you all ok ... Well I am still waiting on vetting .. In the meantime I want to start getting ready for the course , which is the best book to buy to help me get better knowledge of being a special ... Take care all jackie Padilla x

    • 4 replies
    • 592 views
  2. swalmsley
    Started by swalmsley,

    Applied for special constable back in December, received a letter on 21st December saying you have been considered and must attend PIRT. How long do I wait before I will be doing this, or are other things being done with my application? thanks

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.2k views
  3. ThePolice
    Started by ThePolice,

    Hello all, Been lurking around here for a few months, but never never registered, so here I am. :D I've currently got an application going through for the CNC at the minute, however I'm currently having second thoughts, due to the type of policing they do may not be for me. I'm just wondering if anyone knows if any HO force out here is recruiting. South Yorkshire Police is currently my local force, however they've only approached me to go for events to do with the Specials, which again, I'm thinking of doing, as my current job will allow me to fit being a Special around it. However the main aim of the game is to join up as a regular. Thanks a lot. TP.

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. smiler01
    Started by smiler01,

    Hello I have passed assesment stage and vetting and references and now need to attend medical and fitness before starting training. I have recently developed Psoriasis which is a skin condition. the only visible part of my body you can see it is on my hands ( there are a few red blotches/scabs. does anyone think this will be an issue in my application, i didn't put it on the medical form as i didn't have the condition when i filled it in. hope someone can help/advise

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 918 views
  5. x-Nikki-x
    Started by x-Nikki-x,

    I had my interview today and I am desperate to know if i passed or not. Do they write to you or phone you? Or does it depend on the force? Also, how long did you have to wait to find out, they told me it wouldn't be too long

    • 15 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. JakeM
    Started by JakeM,

    Hi, got a question about eyesight rules. I can see perfectly in my left eye, however, in my right eye I cannot read or see much but can see... Would I be denied?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 697 views
  7. ThePolice
    Started by ThePolice,

    I have applied for the CNC to be a Regular Officer, however it was only sent on Saturday, and thus will probably not have even been looked at. Thinking about it, I don't really want to join the CNC anymore as I don't think it is the right path to start my policing career on. My question is: Can I withdraw my application from the CNC, then apply to SYP Specials when I get my application through tomorrow. Or will I have fallen foul to the 6 month rule. Cheers in advance. Dan :D

    • 1 reply
    • 435 views
  8. MedicLuke
    Started by MedicLuke,

    Hi Guys, I submitted my application back in November and had a phone call yesterday sayiing my application had been passed over to the borough I chose. Any idea how much longer i'm going to be waiting and has anyone else had to wait this long to hear anything? Thanks P.S. I have applied for the Met Police

    • 16 replies
    • 858 views
  9. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    I had a conversation with a officer today who said that he did not have to sit a maths test, and think its stupid that maths is used as a PIRT, as its not essential to the job. If you had the power, what tests would you abolish and what would you bring in instead ?

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 451 views
    Administrative Account
  10. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    Well I was thinking is it possible to apply for both specials and regular at the same time thanks

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. iAndy
    Started by iAndy,

    I am seriously considering applying for a DDO job in the MET and carry on as a SC but my only problem is that the MET are likely to recruit regulars this year now. If I should be successful in my DDO application am I prevented from applying for the regulars for any period of time? Will this be frowned upon?

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 3.4k views
  12. Romeooo
    Started by Romeooo,

    Hi, just wondering if anyone else is going to the assessment/interview day for BTP specials next weekend??? Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 644 views
  13. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    I've got an appointment for the fitting of my uniform next week with Cheshire :) However, I thought they usually did this once the vetting had been completed and I only sent it off 3 weeks ago. Is it normal to do it this early in the vetting process? Cheers EDM P.s. My wife was born abroad, so I thought this would make the vetting longer.

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 1.6k views
  14. TheSweeney.
    Started by TheSweeney.,

    I recieved my Day 1 results today, I passed the written assessment but according to them 'narrowly' missed the interview pass. And im gutted. I honestly thought I nailed the interview, when obviously I didnt. Anyone in the same boat as me or was? I have a second interview when they give me the date which is nice I get another chance, but Im still very gutted :/.

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 761 views
    mcclure1546081253
  15. MrSpecial
    Started by MrSpecial,

    Hello all, Received a call today to confirm my Medical date with WYP. Heard many rumours as to what it entails but does anybody know for sure, I've been told.. Eye test Ear test Sample of hair and urine etc.. Does anybody know also what is best to wear i.e smart/casual etc.. Thanks for your help, it's starting to feel real now

    • 3 replies
    • 494 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.