Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheSweeney.
    Started by TheSweeney.,

    So today I completed my day 1 of the met police recruitment process for the specials! Im not trying to jynx anything but I felt I was confident and gave some good answers during the interview part, however during the written assessment, I made a couple of small grammatical errors which I crossed out, and I think I may have use the word 'obviously' three times in just a few lines (because of nerves ), do you think I could fail the written because of that?

    • 4 replies
    • 998 views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  2. loubrad19731546081250
    Started by loubrad19731546081250,

    I have just passed my interview and test and wondered what happens in the medical for a special in the met police? Any information would be gratefully received. Thanks louise

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    loubrad19731546081250
  3. Marricked
    Started by Marricked,

    Hi everyone, Basically I got a call today inviting me for a medical (7th Feb :D) and they told me they were going to send an email with all the information I will need about it regarding what to wear, etc. Well, I've got the email and pretty much all it states abut clothing is: Please ensure that you are wearing suitable underwear. What are they going to do to me!! But on a serious note what does the medical consist of? Thanks

    • 21 replies
    • 1k views
  4. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    Hi people, Well I have my Assessment with Herts on Saturday and have today got an email from the MET which I applied for before I did with Herts back in November I think, saying i passed the paper sift and have a day 1 assessment. what should I do because I am definitely going to my Herts assessment on Sat and because they replied first I am showing commitment to them and don't want to mess them about. Should I email the MET and say I can't make the assessment? As far as I'm aware if i would fail with Herts for any reason then I wouldn't be able to do my assessment with MET will i? Any help will be appreciated

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 672 views
  5. autopilot
    Started by autopilot +,

    Hi guys. Passed my PIRT (after being convinced i failed) and passed specials interview - it's vetting time now I was just wondering how long i'm going to have to wait. Should i prepare for the long haul, or can it be reasonably quick? So many scare stories of months upon months of waiting. Is this the same for everyone or has anyone found theirs did not take long time? Thank.

  6. jamie1183
    Started by jamie1183,

    Hi all Ive been on the presentation today for SYP Specials, all seems good but Im abit worried about the Financial Vetting process, without going into to much detail I took out a debt management plan 2 years ago which is upto date, but looking at my credit report the accounts managed under this show as Default and one with Payments Late, I have got a letter from the DMP company stating that Im upto date with them and outstanding credit is reducing etc but Im worried this is going to affect me. Has anyone else had similar circumstances or experience in this? Hope to hear from some of you Jamie Jackson

    • 5 replies
    • 667 views
  7. DKStaffs
    Started by DKStaffs,

    I have had my info pack and have been told I will be required to write a proposal about an issue in a fictional town. My question is:- As well as being assessed on my punctuation, spelling and grammer will I also be assessed on the decisions and recommendations I put in to the proposal? Your assistance will be appreciated. Dale

    • 6 replies
    • 880 views
  8. Newbie24
    Started by Newbie24,

    Have moved question to relelvant section, admin feel free to delete topic. Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 396 views
  9. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    I was just wondering whether me having a £500 overdraft that I am always in and top up every now and again will affect my credit score and therefore have a knock on effect on my recruitment? cheers EDIT for extra info: I have no credit cards at all and no store cards and the only debt I have is student loans.

    • 17 replies
    • 2.5k views
  10. barnesy1546081263
    Started by barnesy1546081263,

    I study Public Services at college and today a Special came to our college for a talk. After listening to the talk it made me want to join the specials as I found out more information. The lady said you can apply at 17 years 6 months, I'm 17 years 2 months and was hoping to apply in May, but..after looking at websites they all say 18? I'm very confused...what is the age?

    • 2 replies
    • 424 views
  11. Guest GodAtum
    Started by Guest GodAtum,

    COLP are giving the opportunity to patrol with a PCSO for the day! http://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/CityPolice/SaferCityWards/Initiatives/patrolwithapcso.htm

    • 3 replies
    • 626 views
  12. Samantha'sammie'Fisher
    Started by Samantha'sammie'Fisher,

    Does the home interviews still take place?

    • 5 replies
    • 587 views
  13. YRnorth1546081242
    Started by YRnorth1546081242,

    Hi guys could anyone give me a heads up on how long the papersift for the met usually takes i applied at the start of october and still havnt heard anything back does it usually take this long or have a maybe failed to pass this stage. Thanks

    • 13 replies
    • 723 views
  14. X3ParaMurph
    Started by X3ParaMurph,

    Like some of you on here, I am stuck in the rigmoral of the Metropolitan Police recruitment process to be a PC. Again like some I have taken the option, whilst the process has been put on "hold", to become a Special constable. Over the last week and a half there has been the dredded calls and letters sent out to applicants both at the middle stages of recruitment and sadly many that have completed all parts of the process, terminating their application due to the unseen circumstances of the poor performing economy. I would like to know if there have been any within the "new process", People who have opted to go down the Specials route in hope that it will indeed leed t…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.7k views
  15. Ca11um
    Started by Ca11um,

    Hi, I start my training on the 7th of Jan..... wooooo excited!!!!!!!!! However , having watched a lot of Brit cops , Road wars etc I feel rather skinny compared to most of the officers on the shows. I'm 5"10 and 10 stone (at a push) nothing was said at my medical but im a little worried about my size. I don't want to end up in a situation with some 16 stone brute who will sit on me or, not appear for lack of a better word intimidating when I need to be e.g. making an arrest Whats your opinion ? Does size matter ? Thanks in advance Callum

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.