Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. TheSweeney.
    Started by TheSweeney.,

    Im currently revising my answers for the interview stage of the day 1 recruitment process, however im confused on what I could revise for the written assesment? And will there be a numeracy test? Oh and one last thing, my email asked me to print out the Vetting process guide, will I just need to print out the guide and take it with me... or do I need to fill out something at home?

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 588 views
  2. crowman
    Started by crowman,

    Hi all. Went for my assessment for TVP today, and what a fantastic time i had. Still not to sure how i think i got on but met some great people and had fun. The assessors were very helpfull and reasuring at every stage, explaining everything fully. And as for the two specials who came in to chat to us about the roll, they were great. They really whettted my appetite for being a special, any question was answered, lots of sound advice and helpfull tips were disclosed, and they gave us free reign to play with all their gear, stabby, cuffs,baton,the lot.... I even enjoyed the dreaded interview although i m now thinking of loads better answers for questions. I went to do m…

    • 2 replies
    • 428 views
  3. david75
    Started by david75,

    Does anyone know anything about the financial vetting ive got a large mortgage the credit card is maxed out all the usual stuff but ive never failed to pay on time or had a bad debt in my life does the amount of debt you've got matter or only if you have been in financial difficulty

    • 3 replies
    • 624 views
  4. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Hey people im back again to inform you all So i got a letter from lincolshire saying because i applied to be in the Regs and passed assesment day they will fasttrack my application. Well.....its gone quick!!! I have passed my interview, now just waiting for vetting, should hear about that next week, and then medical on the 20th. Then all being well i start training in about 3 or 4 weeks. yay Only questions i have is that on my medical form, it says are you currently going to a hospital or gp for medical treatment. And im not going for treatment but im going for a test at the end of this month, do i need to write this down or not? Also im worried about vetting, ive …

    • 2 replies
    • 455 views
  5. Marricked
    Started by Marricked,

    I've lurked around on the forums for a good while now, but have never posted or introduced myself, so I thought it's about time I did! My names Chris, I've had a life long ambition of joining the police and currently have a pending application to become a SC for Northumbria. I've currently reached the vetting stage, and the nerves really have started kicking in, I think it's just because I no longer have control over the application process as it's all down to the vetting team, but I have nothing to hide so I'm sure it will be fine.... hopefully! Couple of questions, firstly I have a rather well paying job in insurance that I need to continue with part time (20 hours p…

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. dwae84
    Started by dwae84,

    Hi all, just wondering what your experiences have been with your local GP for them to sign off your medical forms - I've been waiting over two weeks now and feel like banging my head against a brick wall! Everytime I call up they say they'll remind the GP about the form but no luck! Anyone else had to wait a long time to get their forms back? Thanks, Dave

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Jeebs1546081084
  7. Gaulty17
    Started by Gaulty17,

    Hi guys, I have an assessment for the specials tomorrow in Wakefield and wonder if you can give me any hints or tips to do the best I can. I had a quick read through the forum for the first time and noticed that a girl on another thread passed her interview not long ago so I'm really hoping I can too! Any advice would be brilliant as the nearer tomorrow comes the more nervous am getting! Thanks!

    • 25 replies
    • 2.1k views
  8. Gaulty17
    Started by Gaulty17,

    Hello all! First of all Merry Christmas to everyone on the forum! Hope you all had a good one! I recieved my letter through the post saying I have passed my assessment which I was chuffed to bits about! I recieved the vetting forms and another form to do with my financial situation. I was just wanting to know if I pass this next test, is it easy to say I have been successful and will able to train? Or is it more complicated than that? Also there is no date on the letter when to return them, so how long should I leave it till send them in? Just that I don't want to leave it too long! Anyway thanks for all the advice everyone gave me a day before my assessment! It h…

      • Like
    • 26 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. erzincanli
    Started by erzincanli,

    Hi i have my day one on monday and i dont know how to prepare for it im not at all confident and dont no what to do!! The interview and written test seems like it is going to be really difficult. Does anyone have any ideas to help me please?

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 710 views
  10. london-fem
    Started by london-fem,

    Hiya am new here,not sure if this post has been done before anyway i have my interview,role plays,but worried about doing the two role plays.what are they like,what do you need to do? well i tried to apply to be a police officer but found it hard so am thinking of doing this to get more exprience.

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  11. jack1546620623
    Started by jack1546620623,

    Does anyone on here have any experience of being a Special whilst also being a uni student? What's it like balancing the workloads of both, and would you recommend doing it? Many thanks

    LeanMeanCrimeBeatinMachine
  12. bristol_r
    Started by bristol_r,

    I understand that every shift is different, just wondering what an average shift is like as a special from turning up at the station to going home? Do you get into uniform at the station or at home? Are you normally paired with the same people? etc etc Thanks in advance for any insight.

    • 8 replies
    • 2k views
  13. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    I have been told by recruitment I will be called to arrange a home visit as part of my vetting as I start training on the 8th. Im sitting here at work and my phone rings and was not expecting it to be an officer, I sounded completley taken back and did not know what to say! Caller asked a few chitty chat questions and I could only say one word answers like "yes" "fantastic" "yes that days fine" "see you then,bye" felt like I should of initiated his conversation a bit more...on top of that I have a bad throat and must of sounded terrible. Maybe I am just being over worried. I was so taken back having to take the call at my work I have forgotten his name!

    • 3 replies
    • 666 views
  14. johnjohn943
    Started by johnjohn943,

    Hello all, long time reader first time poster I recently submitted my application to become an SC however I am begining to loose a little bit of sleep over the vetting process. I hope someone can but my mind at ease As an individual i have never had any contact with the police, no criminal convictions or anything like that. Never ever had any bad involvement with the police at all, ive called in to report incidents etc but thats it. Furthermore i dont have any debt. I have my car on finance and thats it, no credit cards, overdraft etc. Along with my immdiate family mam, dad and sister they have no convictions etc either. My worry is from my girlfriends side of th…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 1.4k views
  15. martin.taylor
    Started by martin.taylor,

    Hi I just read somewhere that it is a good idea to pop into your local station or see if you can go out on patrol with some officers in preperation for an interview..... Has anyone else ever done / heard of this? and if it is possible how would I go about arranging it, just pop into the station or ask recruitment? Cheers in advance!

    • 29 replies
    • 2.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.