Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    Hi there, I have recently applied to be a special constable with the Hertfordshire police and have my assessment in January. i was just wondering a few thing, 1) does Hertfordshire have the same stance on BMI as the MET, as in if your BMI is over 30 then they look at your body fat percentage. I'm a big guy and only have around 14-15% body fat, 6ft and around 107kgs so I have a BMI of around 31-32. and 2) is it true you get sprayed with captor spray when you are training? might be a rumour but was just curious thanks Dean

    • 2 replies
    • 504 views
  2. Jvannoor
    Started by Jvannoor,

    Sorry to post another question so soon ... ...but after reading a forum on what interests you have and which ones will be likely to prevent you being recruited, I read that a firearms licence may decrease my chances of recruitment. I hold a shotgun certificate, would this affect my chance?

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 820 views
  3. Juggernaut
    Started by Juggernaut,

    Hi it's my first post so I'll try to make it as sensible as possible! Will it be looked upon well if I get a job as a special before I apply for a regular post when and if they become available. Iv sent off an application to be a special today, I want to be a regular but obviously with cut backs etc the posts aren't available :0( Iv seen various posts on the net claiming it has no bearing on your application to be a regular if you've got experience as a special, is this correct? You would imagine they would be screaming out for specials to make the leap to rugulers. Also my local force Nyorks aren't taking on specials at the minute but Wyorks should be in Feb 2011 …

    • 11 replies
    • 1.7k views
  4. super64
    Started by super64,

    Just seen that the offical application window for BTP Scotland has opened today, also North East, so now getting application in. I was told that if you have registered interest in the past, you get an email to say that it has opened, but had to look at site as I have not heard, so taken no chances just filling it out now on line, good luck to all fellow applicants!

    • 0 replies
    • 421 views
  5. Sunflower
    Started by Sunflower,

    Hey, just joined, first post! A guy on my day 2 said that he'd already received calls & emails regarding vetting as they make up their minds on day 1 who they really want to get through. Does anyone know if there's any truth in this? Thanks.

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1k views
  6. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    This attached document may prove useful for anyone who has unfortunately had an application rejected when applying for the Metropolitan Police only! Appeals will only be considered where it appears that there may have been: 1) An abuse of process – defined as either an intentional act or failure to apply Service policy or the instructions published specifically for the purpose and/or 2) A perverse decision – defined as a decision, which has not been justified or indicates an error or inappropriate judgement/action by the personnel involved in the process. or the following: 3) Medical Appeal 4) Disability Discrimination 5) Vetting Reasons The following will no…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
    E29NP1546080952
  7. 288
    Started by 288,

    Just a quick (probably silly) question. I'm just filling out my application form, does the core comp questions need to be in block capitals or can you write normally in this section? I am struggling to fit what I want to say in the section. A quick answer would be appreciated. Cheers Neil

    • 6 replies
    • 521 views
  8. Shikari
    Started by Shikari +,

    Hi all, I'm just a bit worried that my handwriting, which is poor but not unreadable, will be held against e on my application form? I have trouble writing on an invisible line and generally cannot write neatly. As far as I can tell, this wont be a problem in my PNB, if I get to that stage, but i'm a bit nervous if it'll get me turned down Thanks, Snow-kari

      • Like
    • 19 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Jvannoor
    Started by Jvannoor,

    I've finally turned 18 and got an application form for Lancashire Police. When I was 12 I was involved in a push and shove, unfortunately, even though it was a minor incident it was reported and I was told to go to my local police station. After making a statement I was told that it would be put on file. The question i'm trying to ask is whether I should include that in the "cautions and convictions" section? I was told to be honest about everything on the application form but i'm worried i'd look daft if I put it down as a caution and it wasn't? One other thing, would it be recommended that I mention that I am a SGC (Shotgun Certificate) holder? A friend who is a …

    • 4 replies
    • 527 views
  10. Guybrush
    Started by Guybrush,

    Hi All, In the process of applying to TVP as a SC. I gather that once successful and you have been signed off as fit for independant patrol, that they put you through you non-response driving test? However, further down the line do you get the opportunity to do the response course? Thanks, Mr. Brush

  11. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    If you cant and you reapply 6 months later, do you have to do the P.I.R.T again or can you just go straight to the interview? Thanks in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 483 views
  12. TSF1546081249
    Started by TSF1546081249,

    Hi, Just wondering how long the normal waiting time is from passing the application stage to going for the assessment centre? Thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 482 views
  13. Ibanez99
    Started by Ibanez99,

    Hello all. =) I have a question about the SC recruitment process, and would appriciate an answer.. First to the case... Delivered my aplication to the Gwent Police 26th March this year, and passed the short-list process. Passed my PIRT 26th October, and received after a while an invitation letter for the competency based interview held 4th/5th December. 27th November, (7 days before the interview) I receive another letter saying that they were unable to continue with my application on this occasion. It says that the department that carries out the vetting process make it clear, that their decision is not open to appeal. However, if I wish to reapply in 6 months tim…

    • 7 replies
    • 725 views
  14. Loveable_Rogue
    Started by Loveable_Rogue,

    Am majorly pleased to have advanced to this stage! Well done to anyone else on my day in Leices who got through as well! Also a general thanks to the people who post on here. Altogether you set me in good stead for getting this far! By far one of the most helpful forums for issues/jobs/applications I have come across. Kind Regards Rogue out.

    • 4 replies
    • 665 views
  15. sparkydale
    Started by sparkydale,

    A slightly different recruitment question: I'm currently looking for work and one of the jobs is at the local college. They have stated that I need to: have an understanding of and be able to demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity. (E)" Would you mention being a Special then? Or at all on the application form? What about at the interview? I am rightly very proud of what I'm doing and whilst PSD have scared me with their "they will find out and then use and abuse you" scare tactics, I also tend to think the best of most people (can you tell I haven't done my first shift yet?) There are obviously alot of massively transferable skills within …

    • 10 replies
    • 1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.