Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. UK-Bod
    Started by UK-Bod,

    Hi, At the moment I'm filling in my applciation to join the special constabulary. But just a question about the convictions/cautions part of it. I received a NIP for speeding in June I think but I was offered a place on a speed awareness course and in return I would get 3 points and the fine. I took the speed awareness course and successfully 'completed' it. Do I still need to put the NIP down on the form or has it been wiped as I haven't been convicted. Thanks Ash

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 594 views
  2. Rossy1
    Started by Rossy1,

    I received a letter this weekend saying I was successful at a recent Special Constable Assessment Centre and as a result I have been invited for an interview and fitness test in due course. I have filled out all of the security paperwork & vetting sheets so that can all be sorted out. What can I expect in the Interview? What sort of questions can I expect and have I got my 'foot in the door' having passed the Assessment Centre?? Looking forward to your replies!!

    • 6 replies
    • 853 views
  3. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    Let me preface this by saying I have tried to contact the relevant people at the relevant force but I am not getting a reponse, however I have been told they were off sick last week so at least there's a reason so a reply should be forthcoming. I'm currently going through the training for SCs with the City Police, we get attested at the end of January and start patrols in February. I am however, for family reasons moving to Middlesbrough, Cleveland (my entire family lives there). I'm going to complete the training and move in February but what I want to know is, I know I have to apply again and go through the application process as usual, but does anyone know if I wi…

    • 0 replies
    • 462 views
  4. hoggle
    Started by hoggle,

    Hi I've been looking at possibly applying to be a retained firefighter is this allowed alongside with being a special constable? Has anyone heard of anyone doing this? Thanks for any help Jack

      • Like
    • 32 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. rushton1
    Started by rushton1,

    Hello, I am an 18 year old student living in Harrogate, North Yorkshire. I have applied to be a special for the Met, with the hope of moving there to pursue my dream of being a full police officer. I was wondering if anybody who is currently living in London and is a special with the Met has any advice on living in London, e.g. what salary needed to earn to live there? Also, I am hoping to become a special for the Olympics, what do you think the chances of the Met recruiting specials after the Olympics are? I have won the British Powerlifting Championship in the under 18 category, along with over 10 divisional championships, and i have broken over 25 British and Divis…

      • Like
    • 1 reply
    • 600 views
  6. MalaysianSC
    Started by MalaysianSC,

    Hi there, Just a few questions I wanted to ask. First of all, I am a Malaysian Citizen studying in the United Kingdom. I do not have right of abode or residency but I have a visa which enables me to stay and work in this country in lieu of my studying. I am interested in joining the Special Constabulary for the remainder of my degree (1 year and so) and possibly continue doing it into my full-time job should I be lucky enough to acquire one. Am I eligible?

    • 3 replies
    • 540 views
  7. Laura1010
    Started by Laura1010,

    Hi, I'm looking into applying to become a Special. I find the whole idea of being a Special extremely interesting, and I would love to have the opportunity to be part of the team. I was wondering if any of you have any hints or tips for me to carry forward throughout the application process. I have done a fair bit of reading so far, but would like some inside info from people who have been through the process themselves and know first hand how it works. Any info, handy things to know, what to say or what not to say would be greatly appreciated. Sorry if this kind of thing is asked all of the time, I'd just like some personal advice. Thank you in advance, Laura

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 595 views
  8. cadvan
    Started by cadvan,

    Hi guys. Could anyone give me any advice on the first interview?

    • 3 replies
    • 892 views
  9. Emma-jane123
    Started by Emma-jane123,

    Hiya Everyone... Some might remeber me from before... I have Been on the SITE a few times.. to ask for Help...!! The last time i was on I was in the same situation as before but THIS TIME.... I am going thru with it.. I got to the Interview stage befrore but got there and dint have my Correct ID and was unable to go head with the day...!!! I applied again and now have my I HAVE MY ASSESSMENT DAY IN 20th of NOVERMBER and Im really scared :D . I dont relly know what to expect from the day But I WANT this sooooo bad. I understand that Im very Luck at getting a 2nd chance with The West Yorkshire Police and I dont want to mess this chance up..!! Please could anyone willin…

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  10. bigm1983
    Started by bigm1983,

    Hi everyone. I will be starting my training in Jan 2011. Could anyone tell me if I can choose m'way department. I hate to see peopel driving roughly on m'ways and on roads. What's the department which deals with issuing points on licence and catch people pver speeding on roads or driving in a stupid way or catching people with no break lights, no signals etc. Many Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 453 views
    Scotia1546081133
  11. bigm1983
    Started by bigm1983,

    Hi guys , any one starting training in West Yorkshire Police in Jan 2011 ( specials)?

    • 0 replies
    • 535 views
  12. PoliceHopeful91
    Started by PoliceHopeful91,

    hi everyone, i am thinking of applying to be part of the specials but i have some concern over my weight - i weight about 15 and a half stone and was wondering if i should lose the weight before applying - i'm not obese just a bit hefty but i know some people who are specials and they too are hefty so i'm in a dilema here - would appreciate if anyone could help me out - cheers

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 2.2k views
  13. bristol_r
    Started by bristol_r,

    I am due to start specials training in a month or so and am interested if anyone could provide me with info on how detailed it is etc, what we cover/dont cover? Cheers

    • 22 replies
    • 2.6k views
  14. Khetrapal
    Started by Khetrapal,

    Hi everyone, My name is Karan I was wondering if someone could help me out with a problem Im facing right now with my application Im planning on applying to Kent police to become an SC but I think Im in a bit of bother with the 3 year residency rule. Long story cut short in I have lived in the UK since I was 2 years old up until I was 16 and in July 2005 my parents separated and my dad took me to India with him where I finished off my schooling and university. I moved back to the UK in May 2010 (which makes it only 6 months Ive been back) The other problems Im facing right now are: 1. Kent Police are only recruiting till 31 Dec , given the current economic climate an…

    • 7 replies
    • 915 views
  15. fluffy1546081234
    Started by fluffy1546081234,

    Hi I am a recently attestated special for the Met police service and i could have the opportunity to move to west Yorkshire in the next few months. I dont know anything about being able to transfer as a special and how to go about it?? would i need to speak to the police force i want to go to first or the one i would be transfering from? or is it even possible?

    • 2 replies
    • 580 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.