Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Chris9419
    Started by Chris9419,

    Hi guys, Just signed up to this forum so forgive me if this is supposed to be somewhere else! But anyways, got my specials interview tomorrow, any last minute advice? Interviews with Avon & Somerset Police where I currently work as a Call Handler, hence why I want to be a special, get out on the streets as well as stuck in the comms room! Cheers

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 549 views
  2. Davee
    Started by Davee,

    Hello I'm not100% sure of where to put this, whether in the Hampshire Constabularyforum or the Questions about Recruitment so I put it here. After having a stand at my Sixth form at an education fair I was intrigued in becoming a special, I tried to ask these questions but to no avail the representatives were, quite frankly, lacking care and attention and were more interested in the array of foods. I'm currently 17 and 2 months and the Hampshire Constabulary website states "Applicants must be over the age of 17.5 years, there is noupper age limit" A few questions: 1. Is 17 and 6 months when I should be handing in my application form or should thisbe done sooner/later…

    • 5 replies
    • 598 views
  3. _21685
    Started by _21685,

    well i did two rough copies. yeah all great. came to fill in my app from copying my rough copy. and for some reason i changed it when writing it down. so the infomation is wrong on it. cant even cross it out, one it look a mess and two because the boxes so small i can not put correct next to it. thats me out of the question then. under so much pressure at the moment. shall i send for another one?

    • 9 replies
    • 700 views
    Tom C1546081238
  4. tvpchris11546620630
    Started by tvpchris11546620630,

    Hi all , I was wondering of anyone can suggest any books etc which may help with training ?

    • 1 reply
    • 627 views
  5. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    On the orange form it says to tell them about any criminal convictions or cautions but doesnt say anything about other dealing's with the police. On the origional application form it said to tell them about convictions, cautions, and if i've ever been investigated, wether it leaded to presecution or not. So i wrote in an additional letter stating other dealings i have had. This is where im confused. Should i tell them again about the other dealings or not? I think i probably should but then they already have the information so i guess i shouldnt need to. Any ideas?

    • 5 replies
    • 531 views
  6. bennyboy1546081253
    Started by bennyboy1546081253,

    Hi all, I've recently had my medical for West Mids and was just wondering if anybody could offer any advice as to how long it takes to get your results back? Thanks.

    • 8 replies
    • 774 views
    bennyboy1546081253
  7. Nozza
    Started by Nozza,

    Hello, after a very long wait, i've finally passed vetting with NWP now, just waiting on one reference then should be given a start date. Very happy now

    • 4 replies
    • 637 views
  8. Saraho
    Started by Saraho,

    Hi, I am still waiting to hear if I passed the interview stage of my interview, it will be two weeks tomorrow and it says two weeks maximun is it usual to take this long. Sarah

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. Rooster1
    Started by Rooster1,

    Hi everyone My name is Linford and I'm currently going through the Special Constable application process with Surrey, I've been reading these forums for some time and they have provided me with a lot of information for my upcoming assessments. As it stands I have my first assessment tomorrow evening at 7:30. I am really nervous about this, but coming from a theatrical and media background I'm going to do my best to put this behind me and try and show myself in a positive, confident and enthusiastic way. I thought it would be interesting to see how other people fared with the Surrey Special Constabulary and their vetting process. It would even be positive to get opini…

    • 38 replies
    • 1.7k views
  10. lowey10
    Started by lowey10,

    hi all, I'm attending a seminar on dec 9th with a view to apply for the role of a SC in cheshire, I just wondered if i will receive the application forms while I'm there and whether it matters what I wear I know this sounds very trivial but it will be my first impression and dont want to blow it by going in too blindly. Any help much appreciated, cherrs Lowey10

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. 288
    Started by 288,

    Hello, I have applied to become a Special for West Mercia Police. I have received the initial pack with the competency questions to complete. I have seen many books on Amazon regarding the recruitment process and I would like to purchase one or two to get more knowledge so I have a better understanding of what to expect. Anybody recommend a certain book, as there are so may on Amazon. Also any tips on anything regarding getting in would be greatly appreciated. (I know there is a lot of information on here with I will have a look at now.) I am 18 years old, can people see this being an issues with getting in? I also received a FPN for causing an obstruction with my car (…

    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  12. butt47jk
    Started by butt47jk,

    Can anyone set this matter straight please .I suppose I ain't the only one confused.The GMP site claims the specials recruitment involves the following: Stage 2 - National Assessment Process This stage consists of three separate elements as follows: · Situational Judgment TeStage 2 - National Assessment Process This stage consists of three separate elements as follows: · Situational Judgment Test (multiple choice test based on common situations that you may come across as a Special Constable); · Written Exercise (You will have to write a report and we will assess content, spelling and grammar); · Competency Based Interview (assessing 4 competancy areas, based o…

    • 3 replies
    • 960 views
  13. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    As most of you know i get paranoid before all my interviews and assessments, so ask the same Q over and over. But as i said other day i have been fast tracked in the specials so i only have one interview, guessing this is classed as a "final interview". The question i have is what will the interview consist off? Will it be the same as my PCSO final interview? Not been given a date yet but they said should be in the next week or two, so not sure if they will tell me what the interview will be like. Just thought i should start thinking about what i will say now. Thanks alot guys! Craig

    • 2 replies
    • 660 views
  14. Rossy1
    Started by Rossy1,

    Are breath tests logged?

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  15. WB98
    Started by WB98,

    Hey guys (and girlies!) I have my day one tomorrow with BTP Wales and Western, But my major concern is the fitness test should I pass tomorrow. I'm not unfit but I don't know how to train for the 'Push, Pull' test. Any ideas? Do gyms have the same machine I could use? I'm a member of a gym so if any of the equipment will help can you please let me know? All advice is appreciated! Kindest regards, Sam

    • 6 replies
    • 794 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.