Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
A friend has just been informed that he has been rejected by South Yorkshire Specials because he spent 6 months studying in the US during 2009 as part of his UK degree program. He has been told that he will have to wait until 3 years have passed since he returned to the UK before he can re-apply because they have to (understandably) security check your addresses over the past 3 years. This has thrown a spanner in the works for my application. I am planning on applying for the Specials next summer after returning from 6 months travelling around Africa. Do people think I will be met with the same response (3 year wait) or not because I will be on "holiday" rather than livi…
-
- 5 replies
- 1k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi see if you do the 45x5-hour tours of duty before a year would you get £1500 before the end of the year
-
I submitted my form a couple of months ago and declared all the info they required but i've only just remembered that i recieved a speeding fine sometime during 2002-04. Anyone else here filled in the convictions part and forgot to mention something?
-
Im sorry if it seems Im jumping the gun a bit as I have only just sent my application form in!! But I have just started training in the faith that I will get through to that stage of recruitment...could anybody let me know the time span this usually takes until the fitness test comes around? Any help would be grateful!
-
Hi all, I am new to this site and I will be attending a famailiarisation event to become a special with the Derbyshire Constabulary next week. I have held numerous positions in my employment career, that has always involved dealing with all types of people. My positions held have included being a Holiday Representative for a major UK Tour Operator, I have been a Cabin Supervisor for a UK low cost airline for the last seven years and most recently I am now a Station Supervisor at a large railway station in the midlands, dealing with all types of scenarios on a daily basis. My question is, will my experience of working for big customer facing companies in these challe…
-
Then obviously let the other force know if you pass the recruitment tests with the other force?
-
Special constable I'm curious to know what the majority of regular offices thinks of special constables? Do they see them more as a hindrance than a help? I start my training for the specials this weekend and was wondering what the general atmosphere was regarding specials and the regulars? Any feedback would be very appreciated.
-
-
- 4 replies
- 827 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Guys, Obvisouly you can see from the title that unfortunately I failed the interview/ test.....I am preparing myself again as this is something I am certian on doing but it says I cant re-apply for another 6 Months? I know that Humberside are interviewing again in January and I was just wondering if anybody could shed some light on what i can do? Thanks :lol:
-
HI Guys, I'm thinking of applying but the Surrey aplication pack mentions most specials do shifts on friday or saturday nights. Is this mandatory? I'm not sure i want to give up my weekends on a regular basis. Any feedback would be great Cheers Aran
-
Hi all, I've been looking around this site for awhile now, just have two quick questions. I'm waiting on the vetting for Cheshire and last week one of my character references were sent for, I put 2 names down for the references but do they only send for one? Also, is the references the last part of the vetting, it's been about 9weeks since I sent off the forms. Regards, Gary
-
Hi Guys, I would be very grateful if you guys can share your assessment centre experiences....so as to gain some valuable tips for my assessment day which is coming up soon. Your recommendations would be highly appreciated. Thanks... Potious...
-
I know each force is different, But i was just wondering how long it normally takes thankyou em xxxx
-
Hey all, Heres the story, Back in April this year I applied to become a Special with West Midlands police, I was invited to a PIRT but sadly failed. After a few months of uming and arring I decided that I wanted to apply to West Mercia police as a special as this is my dream and I really want to do it. So I got in touch with the recruitment team and they told me I had to wait until october before I could apply. But now the time has come I feel as if something is holding me back, I think that it is probably nervousness that I will fail my PIRT if they do accept my application. Have any of you got any advice for me?? Did any of you feel this way?? Cheers, Becky x
-
Hi there i have just received word that my application has passed the initial paper sift process, I have been invited to attend the Lancashire HQ for the PIRTs on the 9th of November, i was wondering if anybody would have any tips for me on passing and what they entail, With the letter I received a pack with some mock questions on however I had already seen these on the internet, Any advice would be greatfully recieved! Cheers Ben
-
BTP are recruiting in Scotland, I posted on the BTP force specific and left details. I thought that the recruitment section would be good to spread the word for anyone looking to join a Scottish force.