Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Dear All, Just wish to share this good news that after a long waiting ( since 27th April 2009) I heard the good news finally this Saturday. I have a conformation letter for Special Constable and I will be starting my induction on 8th Jan 2011. I am excited and also thankful to all of you who answered my questions. Many Thanks:prone: Manish
-
I applied a few weeks back and recently have recieved a email titled "Urgent Action Required - Options for MSC Training Courses - (SAFR)" Does this mean i have passed vetting and they have accpeted to to carry on to the courses? Ive had no other emails since i applied. Sorry if this is a stupid question, just been thrown off abit. Thanks, Nic Hawkins
-
Hi all, This might seem like a bit of dumb question. I have my medical tomorrow and I'm also expected at work as soon as I'm available, both places other side of town. So my intentions were to just go in my work gear. Or should I shirt and shoe it? Thoughts?
-
Hi all , just going through my vetting . Had a phone call today and they left a message saying they are sending out a vetting review form . Is this bad news ? It was recruitment who rang saying unfortunately vetting are asking for vetting review form . I'm so worried now should I be .
-
Hi I have recently applied for a special role in Havering. Apparently, Havering are over subscribed so I have opted for an OSU post. Is there anyone out there who is currently / recently started this, who would like to tell me more about it. Also, if theres any tips re the interview process I would be grateful. Thanks Louise
-
Hi all Got my day 1 on 26th Nov 2010, so i have arranged a support course at Earls Court. Anyone got an idea on what they will show me Thanks Paul
-
Hi all How does vetting work, I have been refused due to the vetting process, do you think it's because I have not been discharged from Bankruptcy for three years yet, or something else, can't think of anything else.
-
Hey guys can I ask how many questions do you have to get right and what kind of questions are they? Thanks
-
Hi all, I've been watching the forum for quite a while and thought i'd already signed up.... Guess not so here i am! I'm after a little bit of advice regarding the Respect for Race & Diversity aspect of the competencies. Are they looking for a situation where you , for example, defused a conflict that had issues of race or other issues of diversity affecting it? Or are they looking more for a situation where you succesfully, or at least made attempts to, integrate and work around someone's beliefs or diversity issues? , E.g. Attended a religious festival of another faith to gain an insight, worked alongside someone with a disability, working with someone who has ot…
-
Just a quick message to say thanks to all the great people on this website. I attest on Wednesday. Time has flown by. I have asked many questions on here and you have all been great. It was exactly this time last year I sent in my initial application so I think I have been one of the lucky ones to fit in PIRT, Interviews, Fitness, Vetting and Training weekends all in 12 months. Now the fun really begins. First shift is Friday night, I am nervous but also excited. A message to those still waiting in the process.... It can be frustrating at times waiting for various things to come back but stick with it and have patience. Your attestation will come quicker than you think …
-
I use to be in the army cadet force and we use firearms. the training is kind of the same to the firearms officers as we had to be careful. we had to check that its safe and know how to unload and load a weapon. see if a special constable has a background in using firearms can the special join a firearms unit.
-
Hi all, after a years applications, interviews, medicals and vetting checks, I have finally got my first appointment for the training days The 28th of November is going to be the start of a new career, and I can't wait!!! Thank you all for the advice and for settling any worries I had... Advice to others, keep applying and keep trying, you will get there eventually just have a little patience. Thanks Carina x
-
First of all please allow the request of respect for my honesty with this post and am purely seeking information. I am going to be applying for the Specials at the beginning of December however will be honest and say that I have previously smoked cannabis. This was a number of months ago now and understand that it remains in the human body for some time. My question is that when taking the drugs test, are we asked if we have ever taken an illegal substance? My fear is that I either A) say yes I have as that could instantly get my application thrown in the bin or B) say no I haven't and for a slight trace to be detected making me a liar, but that would only be possible fr…
-
Hi all, I haven't posted on here for a long time as I have had nothing to say or report.. but at last after 6 month I have finally passed my vetting. That was my last hurdle and I flew through it So so happy and excited to receive my training days, hopefully soon, because this weather is not the ideal situation to be training in. Hows everyone else going? Anyone at the same stage as me applying for South Yorkshire? x
-
Just to now let you know, BTP are now recruiting for Scotland as per the website, I was told of this 3 weeks ago and nothing , until today, so if interested there are many locations being advertised, I think I will get my application in. one.