Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Siharsley
    Started by Siharsley * ,

    Hello just wondered if anybody else has just applied for Cleveland and has anyone heard anything back? Cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 759 views
  2. michael2710
    Started by michael2710,

    Hi all just wondering if any one can give me some advice. I received a letter from gmp telling me ive been unsuccessful with my app.ive passed my assessment day and fitness but have failed on vetting.the only thing i can think of it being is i have a bad credit rating.i asked if they can tell me why but they said they cant,does any 1 know who can? Is it worth trying to appeal? I am truly gutted!!!!

    • 1 reply
    • 833 views
    Smiley Culture +
  3. driver233
    Started by driver233,

    Hi all I have just completed my medical for the Lincolnshire Specials this afternoon. Whilst consulting with the nurse I told her of a current injury I have with my left wrist (Scaphoid fracture). I have had this fracture for 18months and due to my stubbornness I only assumed it was sprained at the time. I have only been aware of the fracture for 2-3months!!! My concern is that although it doesnt cause me any pain and I can use the gym, play football, manual labour etc.. etc.. I am still waiting for treatment. The nurse then told me that she would contact my G.P. and ask for his opinion. She did say that ultimately it wont stop me from getting in but may slow the proce…

    • 1 reply
    • 682 views
  4. matt_stntn1546081233
    Started by matt_stntn1546081233,

    Hi there, I have been invited to an assesment for the leicestershire specials on the 30th of Oct. i'm a bit nervous and was wondering if anyone could give me any words of advise. thanks Matt

    • 4 replies
    • 865 views
    matt_stntn1546081233
  5. sarahj83
    Started by sarahj83,

    start training tonight eeeekkkk so nervous but excited! Anyone else??

    • 8 replies
    • 1.5k views
  6. Chrissy B
    Started by Chrissy B,

    :D Recieved a phone call this morning from South Yorkshire Police saying i have been successful in the veting stage of the application process and have been confirmed as a Special Constable they said my letters are in the post but she needed to know my shoe size and which district I wanted to be posted too! I am so excited and cant wait for the training to start on the 28th November!

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  7. Glynsmith1
    Started by Glynsmith1,

    I submitted my application in late September and I am yet to receive either a yay or a nay, how long does it usually take to get a response?

    • 2 replies
    • 704 views
  8. cufc1970
    Started by cufc1970,

    Hi can anyone put my mind at rest,im going through application process,ive had 20 years in armed forces,ive had a broken jaw,back problem (all ok now) and was diagnosed with depression(mild due to back problem) 2006(ok now) what are my chances????? cheers

    • 9 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. marshy

    Has anyone here applied to their chosen force but been rejected during the vetting process yet applied with a force in a different county and succeeded? Reason i ask is, i live in Gloucestershire and in 2006 i applied to Gloucestershire Constabulary but failed whilst at the vetting process. After recently contacting them in regards to re-applying, they said i have been precluded from making any further applications in any capacity. Despite writing to 3 different people, the answer is still the same. So my chance of a career as a police officer with Glos police is out of the question. I believe that the main reason for my rejection is 2 half brothers i have only seen 3 o…

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  10. kb5
    Started by kb5,

    Hi all my first post so will get straight to the point, can any one on here answer these few joining questions for me please ? 1. I am currently overseas and have been for the last 5/6 years as my wife is a British crown servant working overseas, my question is as I have been out of the UK for this length of time can I apply to join the Specials upon my return in 2011 ? 2. I did apply before to join way back in 2003 however my application was rejected as at the time I was employed in the security field. Will that application still be on record ? 3. Finally The big one ! I am now 40 will be 41/42 when I apply next year will this go against me or is it seen that I sh…

    • 6 replies
    • 908 views
  11. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    Just been given my start date of the 4th of december, 23 saturdays. Just wondering if any serving/training SPC's can tell me anything about the training? i've seen you have assesments etc?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. E29NP1546080952
    Started by E29NP1546080952,

    Quick question. If you are an EEC or Commonwealth citizen with no restrictions on your stay in the United Kingdom, and want to join a Force here in the UK. Do you have to be resident in the UK for a specific period before you can apply.

    • 4 replies
    • 827 views
  13. PIPPIE12
    Started by PIPPIE12,

    Hello I've just joined this site and was wondering if anyone is going to the assessment day next Tuesday at Sulhamstead if anyone has also just got through the assessment stage and dreaded interview then it would be great to get some feedback as I'm terrified of messing it up! cheers!!

  14. bristol_r
    Started by bristol_r,

    With regards to the medical, just wondering what to expect? How long? detailed? etc. Cheers.

    • 1 reply
    • 638 views
  15. AdamD1546620679
    Started by AdamD1546620679 * ,

    Hello All I wish to share my recent experience when I applied to be a special constable in West Yorkshire. I am 18 years old and on a gap year work placement as an engineer, before studying mechanical engineering at University. I wished to be a special constable to help out my immediate community, feel like an active citizen and gain experience which in my opinion would pay dividends later in my career life and personal life. This would be my first time as a public servant and actually the first time I would have volunteered. I filled in my application and sent it off and thought nothing about it for a while, as I was confident I was a good candidate for the specials…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.