Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. laura243
    Started by laura243,

    I applied for Northumbria Specials 4 weeks ago, i still haven't heard anything, i'm not sure how long i should expect too wait?also how do they contact you?by phone or email?and do you get told if you haven't passed paper sift? do you think its too soon too ring recruitement and make sure they got my application? sorry all the questions, i can't seem too find much information about Northumbria..... Thanks guys

    • 4 replies
    • 662 views
  2. sarahj83
    Started by sarahj83,

    So after beginning my application in January I just have my fitness and medical left to do _ my fitness is tonight actually and even though i passed the practise tests we did i'm a lot more nervous about tonight - if i fail does that mean i will have to totally apply again even though i@ve had my interview for Blackburn Station already and passed that no problems? its been such a long drawn out process but i'm willing and determined to stick at it - i can smell my dream and i'm not about to let it slip through my fingers! Any advice peeps?

  3. kevmch
    Started by kevmch,

    anyone else applying for the september intake for strathclyde force?

  4. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hey :smiley_notworthy: I am thinking of applying to be a SC for SYP. I got their app form a couple of weeks ago and just wondered why the competency questions have been crossed out and it says i don't need to answer these anymore?? I already work for SYP as a civilian in the comms room and becoming a SC is next on my list that i would like to do. Also says about financial background, "are you behind on any loan or account"? I have in the past been behind but nothing major, i don't have a mortgage but i am on a payment arrangement with one of my accounts (which i have kept up to date with) would this hinder my chances? Also is there a fitness test etc? any advic…

    • 2 replies
    • 544 views
  5. Eddie_Alex
    Started by Eddie_Alex,

    Hey Everyone, Just thought I'd find anyone here that will be doing the Training at Ripley starting on the 26th July?

    • 0 replies
    • 313 views
  6. aberant
    Started by aberant,

    Hi all, just found out I am to start training next month. I am, to say the least, over the moon Anyone else starting with me?

    • 27 replies
    • 2.1k views
  7. DerekT1546620525
    Started by DerekT1546620525 * ,

    I'm a writer working on a thriller and wondered what the best method of approach would be, to get a better appreciation of the vehicles, procedures and equipment? I don't think I can rely on my memories of the Panda Competition, circa 1975! I'm not writing a police procedural as such but I'd like it to reflect reality where it touches upon police matters. I'm in Cornwall but the scenes are based in London, if that helps any. Thanks, DerekT

    • 4 replies
    • 779 views
    DerekT1546620525 *
  8. Mike0201
    Started by Mike0201,

    I am new to the forum and i am looking for some advice. I am in the process of filing out my application to become a special constable. This is the question I'm having difficulty with (Question below). It is vitally important in Scotland’s diverse society, that Police Officers respect the lifestyle, culture or beliefs of others even if these differ significantly from the officer’s own experiences. Think of an example of an occasion when you have shown respect for the lifestyle, culture or beliefs of someone, even though they differed significantly from your own and you might even have disagreed with them. 1.Tell us how the situation arose and how you and the other …

  9. Murray1546620195
    Started by Murray1546620195,

    YES! This is exactly what I want to do! All I've ever wanted to do, was be a Police officer. However I'm going to have to wait a long time before it becomes a reality. So i have decided to try for the Special's in the mean time. Would this be wise? Cheers much! :tongue:

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Bolly_knickers *
  10. laura243
    Started by laura243,

    Hi everyone, iv applied to join the Specials for Northumbria but i have a few questions, i couldn't provide any of my dads details (apart from name) as we dont speak at all and haven't for years, my brother works and lives in a pub and my boyfriend has criminal damage and possesion of cannabis from a long time ago on his records, my brother also has possesion and is a banned driver.will any of these thing affect my application?i was feeling confident as i sent it off now im not so sure......also how long did anyone wait too hear back from Northumbria?sorry for the essay!!!

    • 14 replies
    • 3k views
  11. liverpool123
    Started by liverpool123,

    Hi, Sat the PIRT at for Lancashire last night and it didn't go as well as i planned, we had to write a witness statement after receiving points from the assessor, we then had to do a Numerical Exam and also finally the Verbal Logical Reasoning test. The reason why I am worried is because I only managed to answer 20 out of 25 questions on the Numerical Exam, however they were 20 questions that I could easily work out and the other 5 questions are the ones that I found more difficult, therefore I am confident I have got a high percentage of the 20 questions I answered correct. Also in the witness statement I head that you could only make 10 mistakes through the statement…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.1k views
    liverpool123
  12. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Anyone have any idea how long it takes from passing the fitness to being given a date for medical for GMP specials?

    • 2 replies
    • 637 views
  13. steve23965

    Hi, Could anyone please advise me as to whether a Crown Court trial from 2003 resulting in a jury not-guilty verdict and an arrest in 2002 with no further police action debar me from becoming a Special Constable?

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. thepeachroom
    Started by thepeachroom,

    Does anyone know if I can apply for the post of a special whilst I am also applying to be a regular? I have just finished my assessment centre for Avon & Somerset but see from Devon & Cornwall website they are opening recruitment for specials on Tuesday. If I don't get into A&S I would like to be a special for D&C to get some experience for the next time I have to brave the assessment centre!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

    • 1 reply
    • 911 views
  15. steve23965
    Started by steve23965,

    Hi, I am an ex-regular Police Officer (Jan. 89-June 90) that left the force due to a back injury (now fully recovered). I have recently applied to the same force to become a Special with a view to applying to the regulars when recruitment re-opens (could be a while in the current economic climate). My question is I am now 44 years old, in a settled relationship, own my own home, have no previous convictions, a clean credit file and a wealth of life experiences, but will my age go against me? I know that there is now no upper age limit, but would an applicant in their 20s be favoured over me because potentially they have more years to give to the service? Any views wo…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.