Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    Does anyone know the attendance criteria for joining the Specials in the Met? I have had at least a month off from college in the past 8 months due to illness and I had some time off during the last year of my being in secondary school (due to Uni trips and other stuff) but I am fine now and hopefully going to apply for the Specials at some point. Any help would be great.

    • 0 replies
    • 461 views
    RemovedUser18-10-21
  2. Hope55
    Started by Hope55,

    Hi all I have recently applied to become a Special Constable and believe I am going through vetting - it is now over three weeks since I dropped my app in. Anyway, I just wondered what exactly the financial checks are that they will do - I know they do a credit file search but does anyone know what else they will look at? I have a mortgage, credit card and Next account but that's it - no late payments or defaults. Do they go so far as check HMRC or the like?? Not overly concerned but I have wanted this for so long and don't know what, if anything, might cause them to terminate the app. I also have an errant ex (from a long time ago) who was violent and ended up in pr…

    • 1 reply
    • 607 views
  3. jemmaa
    Started by jemmaa,

    Hey guys, Just wandering if anyone has been through a specials interview as i have one in a couple of weeks and was wandering if anyone had any tips? Also what are the main things i would be asked aswell as the core compentencies? Thank You

    • 2 replies
    • 669 views
  4. getbiga
    Started by getbiga,

    i recently applied for the west midlands special constable. i am currently at the background checks phase and recently a letter asking for why debt collectors carried out searches on 15/09/2008 and 11/08/2008 i told them that debt collectors carried out the searches for the following dates 11/08/2008 because i was applying for a car on finance so therefore the company carried out a search. The date of 15/09/2008 was when i was trying to apply for a argos card and argos carried out a search on my name. but they said that these kind of searches would not show up and they said that it may may have something else but i cant think of anything that could ahve lead to debt col…

    • 1 reply
    • 631 views
    bobbydrake501546081223
  5. getbiga
    Started by getbiga,

    hi there i have got an interview coming up in a couple fo days for the specials and i just wanted to know what kind of questions will be coming up, could anyone provide me with some example questions that may come up and how long does the interview last.

    • 1 reply
    • 732 views
  6. getbiga
    Started by getbiga,

    hi there i just wanted to know that i understand that the special constable headquarters is moved from the lloyd house in birmingham to bourneville but i just wanted to know what the address is in bourneville for the specials training.

    • 0 replies
    • 374 views
  7. oscar24
    Started by oscar24 +,

    Hello ladies and gentlemen. Im sorry to raise yet another thread but i cannot find a related topic so starting a new. To cut a long story short, i have JUST been attested as a Special Constable with Essex Police, but due to family/work issues i have now had to move back to Birmingham. I have just completed a three week intensive course. Essex was not happy with me traveling to and from Essex from Birmingham (understandale) and the only reason i did ths was i was working in Essex at that time. West Mids have sent me an application to transfer. I have been told due to Specials training not being nationally recognised i will have to do all training again?! Is this right …

    • 2 replies
    • 577 views
  8. gaznos1546620070
    Started by gaznos1546620070,

    Anyone else attending assessment centre this sat? I only applied 2 weeks ago and got my assessment, this is the fastest i have ever got through a GMP process, im not complaining, last year i got all the way to final interview, deferred to cheshire as i failed by 1% and didnt get through due to lack of knowledge of cheshire apparently, Anyway im off topic, so this sat assessment....they must be really pushin specials through.

    • 2 replies
    • 968 views
    gaznos1546620070
  9. rossimarciano
    Started by rossimarciano,

    Hi All, I have recently passed my Day 1 and am confident that I will pass my day 2. I'm just worried about the vetting procedure. I have been vetted in the past and have been fine. But I recently received a fixed penalty notice for "Abusive and threatening language" about a month ago before the Day 1 assessment. I emailed the recruitment office and they said "based on the information given this shouldn't cause a problem" and I also enclosed it in my vetting forms. I have never been in trouble before in my entire life prior to this (20 years old now). I keep beating myself up about it and stressing myself out! Has anyone else been in a similar position to this? Kind Reg…

    • 0 replies
    • 1.4k views
  10. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey Guys 'n; Dolls, I know I may get shouted at for posting this but I couldnt fin one specifically for SPecials. But after Medical (Vetting and security checks are currently on going) when do you get called for uniform fitting i.e. do you do training before you get your uniform? And what are you given as a SC in MerPol is it exactly the same as the regs?? (I hope you can list briefly what it is - Thanks in advance) ANYONE!?!? JP (p.s. Is it a good idea to take your OWN kit bag to put it all in or do you get supplied with a general one?)

    • 17 replies
    • 2.5k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  11. jemmaa
    Started by jemmaa,

    Hey guys, I am currently going through the special constable stages, where I have just passed the PIRT. I received a letter a few days later saying I’ve passed and my next stages are the interview and medical. The letter said the final date for the interview may take a while and to book my medical after the 15/02/10. I rang up the medical centre to see if I could book an appointment after this date, however I was told I have to pass the interview stage before I can get my appointment. Still waiting for my interview date but thought I could get the medical sorted out before the interview. Just wondering if you have to do the interview before the medical? Thank you :)

    • 0 replies
    • 574 views
  12. Blue-Diamond07
    Started by Blue-Diamond07,

    Hello, I just joined the boards as I'm interested in becoming a Special. I have a Q about trainning, It may sound weird, but do you get CS'd etc like the regular PC's do etc? Was only wondering as not liking the sound of it lol. Also, do Specials deal with everything a PC does? Or are there some situations Specials are not envolved with? I.e serious crimes... Thanks for any help :) and apologies if this has already been covered, just me being a div... lol

    • 17 replies
    • 2.4k views
  13. MP5
    Started by MP5,

    Hello all. I've just heard that we are expanding the CO14 team again and looking at moving into Obscene Publications and Vice work in the early part of next year. In order to do this, we still need more experienced officers to join the team - are you IPS and looking for a new challenge? Come join CO14 with it's pan London remit of covering 17,000 licenced premises plus the other new duties coming on board all the time. Our current core duties involved visiting licenced premises all over the MPD and checking compliance with licensing conditions and checking SIA door supervisors. We also get involved when things kick off in licenced premises anywhere in the MPD - with …

  14. Mish23
    Started by Mish23,

    Hi Just got some training dates through from Derbyshire however i have a holiday booked in June. I'm not sure whether it will run over one or two of the weekends. Just wondering whether anyone else has had this problem and whether you are allowed to miss out on a weekend or did you just have to wait for another course date. I have rang HR but will not find out till Monday. Thanks Amy

    • 2 replies
    • 700 views
  15. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey guys, I was just wondering if people could post thier experiences of the ESS about work giving you time off for your role as SC with a free newspaper editorial about the company... Ive recently asked work about it and they are anything but accomodating?!?! Any feedback or experiences peeps!? JP

    • 0 replies
    • 573 views
    jp2uk1546620308

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.