Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mike0201
    Started by Mike0201,

    I am interested in applying for the position of Special Constable. I am concerned about the financial vetting. I am currently in a protected trust deed which is due to end in July 2010. Will this affect my application? I have no CCJ nor have i been declared bankrupt. Should i wait til July before i apply, once i have my discharge letter??

    • 0 replies
    • 431 views
  2. jdm5454
    Started by jdm5454 * ,

    Hi All I start training in July(Met) and was asked what council area I want to work in. I live in Hillingdon and so suggested there. Although now I understand that its not a good idea to be to local. I dont really want a lot of travel before I even start, but am also concerned about being known to locally. Any thoughts?

  3. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    I am about to start my Specials training and I was just wondering what insurance we have if I was to be injured on duty? This is in relation to me not being able to do my day job?

    sykes1545925530
  4. lasparrow
    Started by lasparrow * ,

    Hi am shane i was doing my application form to become a special and it was probably nerves because i was writing on a spare bit of paper to be safe before i wrote on my application form but i made a mistake and was wondering if i used tipex and went over it with the correct information is it aloud or is there anyother way around the problem any help would be greatful thank you for your time

    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views
  5. Hardstylemw
    Started by Hardstylemw,

    Hi all, I have been waiting for the past couple of months for my start date with the met. I have spoken to a friend who has inside knowledge with the met police and he said they will be offering all met officer applicants, 3 years with the specials whilst they sort out their over-subscription issues! Now as much as i would love to be a special and would enjoy doing this, I cant really afford to do this as with my current job i work long hours for 6 days a week. It sounds like they are just trying to get something for nothing. If anyone has any idea what is going on that would be very helpful.

  6. getbiga
    Started by getbiga,

    Hi there i have got an interview for the specials in Jun 10 but i was wondering how long is the interview , how many people will there be in the panel and what types of questions will they ask. Will the questions be more about your experiences or what would you do in this situation types of questions. What criteria do the questions cover e.g. race, age, discrimination etc

  7. mblessing21
    Started by mblessing21,

    Hi all, I was wondering about the hours that Special Constables were required to work, bearing in mind a lot (like myself) will already be in full time employment, and would they take that into consideration in regards to the hours you will be required to work? Or is it more of a case of, your committed to the force, therefore you should work any extra hours that are required of you, regardless if it inteferes with your other work. I'm asking because I feel I may have to speak with my current employer and let them know the ins and outs, and at least they'll have an explanation as to why I'm almost falling asleep at my desk some mornings! Thanks,

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
    sykes1545925530
  8. mblessing21
    Started by mblessing21,

    Hi everyone!, Just thought I'd introduce myself to the forum. I've just applied to become a Special, literally a few hours ago. I decided to make the decision and just do it! I've always wanted to be in the police force, and have always told myself that, but I never got round to doing so! It's such a shame that the New Constable positions have had a freeze in recruiting because obviously I would love to get paid for doing the job too! But I feel this is still something that would show me the ins and outs of the Police, and get a feel of whether I like it or not. And with the help of everyone on this forum, I'm sure you can give a good insight too! Thanks.

    • 1 reply
    • 447 views
  9. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    Hello! I have my PIRT this afternoon at NWP HQ. Fingers crossed all my prep. has provided me with enough skills for answering questions quickly!! are those bricks in my pants??

    • 0 replies
    • 303 views
    Universally_Challenged
  10. lasparrow
    Started by lasparrow * ,

    Hi My name is Shane Gibson I really want to be a Special Constable and be apart of the police force. I am 24 now and was going into the police force when I was 17 but went onto do something different. I don't want to live my life with regret of what could of been so I am trying to get into the force now. I am hoping my age won't restrict me from being in the police force. I have just had a son and I want my child to look up to me and the force and have respect for life and the law. I am training at the moment to be the best that I can be but would like more information about being a Special Constable and what it is really like? any feed back would be welcome. thank you…

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  11. Tovabi
    Started by Tovabi * ,

    Just a quick question, I phoned in for my application form to the specials today however later on in the day I noticed the sussex-police.uk website was updated in that specials are no longer recruiting. Will this affect me getting my application form? And does this affect my chances of being accepted? Thanks in advance

    • 4 replies
    • 456 views
  12. NJenkins
    Started by NJenkins,

    I recently recieved a letter from Central asking me to attend a Familiarisation Evening on Tuesday 11th May. There was no information about what goes on at the Familiarisation Evening and i was wondering if there was anyone who has previously attended one that could answer a few of my questions... What is the dress code? Formal/Informal Are there any activities that take place? Like group/team activities, presentations Or is it just an informational evening where we find out more about the Specials? Any response would be very appreciated. Thanks :)

    • 1 reply
    • 1.2k views
  13. LeicsPolSC
    Started by LeicsPolSC,

    Hello, just wondering if anyone on here has recently applied to the Leics Police specials opening? If so...say hello!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. I recently made an unsuccessful attempt at becoming a Police constable as I got 50% at the assessment centre, my question is shouldn't the recruitment offer the chance to progress your application to a special consable? As I now have to start all over again with the same force, even though I just did my assessment two months ago.

    flabber-my-gast
  15. shahzadh
    Started by shahzadh,

    as the title say would that be OK if i first became a Special constables and then when opportunity come become a full-time officer??

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.