Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi, I have got my interview for a Special Constable soon and I wondered if anybody had any useful hints and advice? I know that it consists of 4 questions for which you have 5 minutes to answer each question, but does anybody know if it is as intense as the regular interview. From what I understand reading this forum they try to word the questions in a way which makes it difficult to have memorised answers. Any advice would be great!
-
Hi guys got my interview on tuesday and im abit unsure on what to expect? does anybody know how many people will be interviewing me? also what kind of questions will i be asked? will i have to show knowledge of the local area? also how much about the specific force will i have to know? thanks joni
-
- 8 replies
- 1.4k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi there, Im just wondering if there is anyone here that could give me some tips for my assessment day? Its coming up in two weeks time and im becomming quite nervous about it so would love for someone to give me some ideas etc Many thanks Vokes
-
Hi, I am currently 17 years old and studying BTEC National in Public Services (Uniformed) I am predicted DDD (Triple Distincton) which is equvilent to 3 A's at A Level. I am un sure whether to go to Uni or not now. I spoke to a Sargeant this weekend and he said for Cheshire Police force, when your in your probation years you do a foundation degree in Policing, so going to Uni would basically be pointless because your going to get a degree in your probation period. I still think getting a degree would be good because if the Police doesn't work out, it doesn't matter what degree I have, it's always good to have. Still unsure what to take etc Public Services, Policing, Cri…
-
I have my interview soon for a SPC had i am more or less reading up on everything as if it's an initial interview for a PC am i doing the right thing ? i also understand that they will as for examples of the qualities that I put down on my application form ? HELP .....?
-
Hi there wondering if anybody can help me! I failed my last specials interview for west midlands police and have my second one in two weeks! I didnt prepare as well as perhaps i should of and wondered if anybody could give me any pointers/refreshers on ideas of the questions they ask. Ive tryed to remember a few, but from what i can remember alot of them were based around one scenario and how you dealt with a certain situation... that is what i failed on! Any help would be very much appreciated! :)
-
Hi guys, about a year and a half ago (Feb 2009) i was forced to resign from my post as a special constable from Essex Police before i had even finished my training. Before i go on let me explain a little as to what happened: I worked part time for a supermarket, and had to take alot of time off for special constable training and interviews etc. Bassically the manager there had a HUGE gruge against me for some unfortunate business involving one of his relatives (another story for another time) and he was also a former police officer. The first chance he got he accused me of stealing from the store, some how got hold of my collar number and made a complaint to the IPCC …
-
I have drafted out the 3 main questions that i have found in the back of the application form. Before i write them in i want your opinions on what i have put down. I found number 3 the hardest to answer and i expect that one to be the poorest answerd. I am not arrogant and i dont expect it to be perfect tho i would like it to be so i am open to "constructive" critisium and suggestions for improvements. I am contantly trying to improve my SPG so if you see anything really wrong please let me know. Many thanks. Q1. Why do you want to become a Special Constable with South Yorkshire Police? From an early age i have always taken an interest in the Police and other similar…
-
- 5 replies
- 16.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
The British Transport Police are now recruiting for Special Constables within the London South Area. The London South geographical area of BTP encompasses the following locations; Ashford Bournemouth Brighton Croydon Dartford Guildford Norwood Junction Portsmouth Richmond Southampton Victoria Loop Victoria Station Wimbledon Please use the following link to view the vacancy details and to register your interest and apply for the roles. https://btprecruitment.com/Vacancies.asp We are currently not recruiting for Special Constables within any other geographical BTP areas.
-
Hello! I have just got the mail inviting me to start training as a Special Constable in July and I was asked again for a borough preference (as the lady I spoke to didn't have my three original preferences from the application stage) but I would really like some advice if possible... I am hoping to work as an analyst in serious organised crime/counter terrorism eventually and so would ideally like to volunteer in an area that is more likely to have more serious/larger scale criminal activity taking place. Are there any boroughs that immediately stand out for this? Many thanks for any advice possible.
-
- 0 replies
- 419 views
- 1 follower
-
-
I've recently become qualified as a Special in Surrey, where they are still piloting the PLC course for the regulars. My course as a special is the first to be run in line with the same sylabus as the regs. I've been hearing a lot of rumours that, with this new course that they're doing for the specials it could work to negate the need for us to go through the PLC. My class is the first in the country to graduate from this new sylabus so obviously it's all very brand new and probably has alot of work to be done on it, but I was wondering if there's any one out there who knows something I don't as to whether or not people who do the course I've done as a special will ne…
-
Hey peeps! Just wanted to let you all know that I've had my interview and Welsh test today and I've passed! Well, I know I've passed the interview and I'm pretty sure that I've passed the Welsh test-will defo. find out later this week my exact score. Here's to the uniform fitting/kit issue and training starting! I'm so excited; I was immensely nervous this morning.
-
Hey guys, A few weeks ago I sent off my Police Specials Application, and today recieved a reply. The letter says that they considered my application but I had to change a couple of questions. I was given an envelope and a sheet with the two questions I had to change. Now, I have changed the questions and wrote what they asked for me, and have sent it off. Now what I want to know in your experiences, is it normal to be sent letters back to change a couple of things and also does it mean that they are interested in me in the fact they didnt just say no, but asked to change a couple of things? Its just all my life I have wanted to be an Officer, and I cant afford to wait ano…
-
Hi all, Just thought I'd let you all know, that I've just had my inital application for a Special Constable, pass the first inital sifting process, and been asked to attend the Assessment Centre on a date in the (hopefully!) not too distant future! I'm so excited!
-
anyone else aiming for this intake. Hows your applications going, I cant wait to get through this process. Vetting/recruitment have sent out for my references and their replies should be going back in the next few days. How many normally go into each intake. I know you can request a division, but can you request a station, especially if it is a sub division. Is there a breakdown anywhere of the stages/mods of the 12 week training. Lots of questions I know, and pologies, just the usual excited mind going into overdrive :whistle2: Hope to hear from loads of you. Kev.