Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi there ive been interested in joining the police for several years now.With the current recession it seemed impossible to secure a place on a recruitment event however ive just managed to secure a place on a recruitment event next month in june in southampton.Im nearly 37 years old now but when i was younger i did a few stupid things i went to court for a public order offence ten years ago because i stupidly got involved in helping out a friend and went to court and got £100 fine.Ive also had around ten points on my licence at one point around ten to twelve years ago.And when i live in jersy around eighteen years i got arrested and charged for theft and tampering with …
-
Hi can anyone help me, How many questions are there on the PIRT test & long does it last ? Plus i've been told the interview is like being interrogated by the KGB :lol Applied 14th June Paper Sift Passed 14th July
-
Hiya all. Just booked uniform fitting today for monday next week. Makes it so real, will be even more once uniform is on!!. only 3 weeks and 6 days until 1st training day :) So chuffed have been successful, good luck to anyone else uk wide going thru the process. Kev.
-
Hello! I have a few questions for anyone who knows the answers. Basically I applied for a job as a security officer at a NHS Hospital and have been invited for a interview. HOWEVER - Today, I got invited for a assessment day on the 8th Sept with the Specials. Which brings me to my question: As a security officer would I still be allowed to be a Special Constable? Otherwise, I will have to choose security over specials, because I need money! Thanks in advance Richie
-
Hi everyone, I recieved an email regarding my success in passing and going on to the Interview Stage..... Problem being is that i happened to give them my old email address for some odd reason, and well as it happens to just be my luck i got this email on the 4th FEB but i didnt actually check my emails till 2 weeks laters, henceforth my application being terminated. I'v tried to ring up, sent emails explaining the situation and hoping to get my self on another Interview date as i know there is'nt just one, but all my emails/phones appear to be wasted is i have heard nothing for over a month. Iv been waiting 3 years to pluck up courage to join as i wanted to wait to be…
-
I've just finished filling in my application form for GMP and could do with some feedback on the answers I've given. Would anyone who's a serving officer / special / supervisor at the moment be kind enough to give them a read over if I send you a copy over?
-
I've got an Assessment Centre for Central Scotland Police in around 2 weeks time. The main thing i'm interested in finding out is what exactly the Assessment Centre is... I've recently passed the SET so i know that it wont invove that. Does this mean it will only be an interview or will there be other tasks or activities that will also be taking place? Any information will be greatly appreciated :)
-
hi just wondering if anyone else has done this "fast track" to specials thing after passing an a/c for a regulars job? iv just called up about it this morning and they are going ahead with it and going to contact me soon to do a fitness/medical for the specials...which im told will count towards my regular application too! seems to good to be true really ! anyway - was wondering if anyone knew about about time scales? could i hope to be in a uniform before the end of this year? the force is thames valley thanks
-
-
Hey folks, I got a phone call today from Ms Flemming, and she was telling me about going to a fire station? Stone? to get my uniform, now she patched me through to their office but there was no answer. Now i haven't got the number, or know where it is to be able to go and i would like to book to go wednesday afternoon seeing as half way there anyway in stafford for my medical. I dont suppose anyone knows the number or where to go? PM me the number, saves putting it out for all to see. Cheers. Tom
-
i have just past my aptitude tests and have my interview on Tuesday the thing is it was my third attempt at the tests does that mean i only have this one chance at the interview?? thanks you
-
I know this may be a case of- how long is a piece of string- but could anyone advise me on how long the process of applying takes? Any advice on the Specials in general would be good. I had a application in for the regulars at Lothian and Borders but have just had it withdrawn due to funding (gutted). Any guesses as to if Forces will increase the Specials intake due to the budget cuts? Durham and Cleveland are my local Forces but neither of them are taking applications at the moment.
-
- 9 replies
- 1.2k views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi Folks, Just wanted to ask a quick question. I am currently training at Hendon on the Sunday's course. I don't have a driving licence and was wondering if i'd get an opportunity to take my test with the MET whilst being a special??? I do have a full UK motorcycle licence but i don't think as a special i would be allowed to ride police bikes. Any help / advice would be great. Thanks.
-
Well im a little dissapointed in the response i got back from northants police force, i had applied to be a specia and recieved my letter today of a failed 1st stage application, have been told to reapply in 6 months which i will..........but what qualitys do they look for in filling in the application,,,,,,,,,i was quite proud of my application and now feel a little deflated ,,,,,,but will reapply as this is something i want to do .........
-
Does anyone know if the Met have recently changed the time required per month of their specials? I seem to remember it being 25hours p/m, however it seems it has now dropped back to 16? Nick