Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. AndyMM
    Started by AndyMM,

    I applied to be a regular, passed the AC, fitness, medical and got my collar number......then the axe fell!!! At 47 I don't see I have too many opportunities left so really want to have the best chance of getting in when recruitment opens in a few years (I hope!). Anyway in the letter sent bumping me down the waiting list in favour of any Police Staff that had been made redundant it was suggested that becoming a Special may be an advantage. In light of the recent proposals from the Met I am seriously considering that this might be my best move. Teh problem I have is with my current job and the time constraints that this will put on me. The contracted hours (4 per week …

    • 0 replies
    • 375 views
  2. laura243
    Started by laura243,

    So.... I applied for Northumbria specials 17 weeks ago and didn't hear anything back so just assumed i'd not been successful....until today!!Had a phone call asking me to an interview in 9 days time (eeeek!!), just wondered where the HQ is in Ponteland and also what the questions may be like i'll be asked?

    • 20 replies
    • 2.7k views
  3. chris1909
    Started by chris1909,

    I have just got through the paper sift and have been invited to the assessment centre. Is there anyone else who's just got through the paper sift for Nottinghamshire and what am I expect from the assessment centre.

  4. ChrisW123
    Started by ChrisW123,

    Would you say, as a special, you still hold the same duty to deal with potentially defusable situations off duty as a regular? For example if you see someone on their phone whilst driving, can you stop them and have a word? I know the only difference between the SC's and the regs is the money, so would I be correct in assuming the powers off duty are the same? Thanks :)

  5. Special_Boi
    Started by Special_Boi,

    Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum so I thought I'd let everyone know how I'm doing. Had my PIRT yesterday, and got a letter through the post this morning saying I'd been successful and they invited me to have an interview on the 6th December. They didn't send me the results of my tests so I just e-mailed them and asked if I could have the results. They e-mailed me back within 15 mins and told me I'd got 39/40 on my test papers! Next step, the interview

    Gorgeousgeorge *
  6. waqar
    Started by waqar * ,

    Hey everyone! Ive recently been accepted to join the specials in south yorkshire after passing the interview and the recruitment test. This week, I have been filling out the vetting forms and health questionaire. To complete the health questionaire, i had to take an eye test at the local opticians (i wear glasses by the way!). At the opticians both my eyes with and without glasses we good enough to meet the police entry requirements, As did my left eye on its own unaided. However, my right eye on its own without glasses scored 6/48 instead of within the 6/36 entry criteria. My Question was if both by eyes without glasses seem to be okay for the police, and the right-…

    • 0 replies
    • 665 views
  7. Charl
    Started by Charl,

    Currently going through the process of applying to become a special, Hopefully will be invited for an interview within the next month. Would anybody be able to tell me if my interview will be the new interview style or the old style? thanks.

  8. Charl
    Started by Charl,

    Was wondering if anyone could help... at the moment Im going through the process to become a special constable in west midlands police, passed my first test, sent off medical and security and 5 weeks later i had a letter which said that the application can no longer be processed until i had had an appoinment with the doctor at headquarters, im quite sure that this is due to me mentioning in my medical questionnaire that i have a heart condition. does anybody know if my heart condition would affect me getting into the police? Thank-you.

  9. shami1546620675
    Started by shami1546620675 * ,

    hi i am having my fitness test in less than 3 weeks. i went to the gym today and realised that i can only push 21kg and pull 28kg! and that is a struggle. i have started panicking and not sure if i can do this. how many days should i leave between trainings and am i going to get there??!!! also i have started a low carb diet in order to lose weight, is that a bad thing or good before my test,what should i be getting more in my diet? please help cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 770 views
  10. L3W15
    Started by L3W15,

    Hi Everyone, I have recently attended my special constable assessment centre for cambridgeshire and failed on my written exercise. I was very pleased to hear that i had passed my interview and PIRT tests but i was wondering if anyone could provide me with information on how i can perform better for next time i take part in my written exercise. As well as this do you think it will be the same question as last time or will they change the question completely as it has only been a month since i last attended. Many Thanks

  11. mark/glos
    Started by mark/glos,

    Reason i ask is, i've already had an application rejected at the vetting stage for the Special Constabulary and i have no idea why. I only have a caution for criminal damage for graffiti when i was 15, back in 1997, so i dont think that'll be the reason why. I did declare this on the application form. I have no contact with my brothers and have only spoke to them on 2 or 3 occasions over the past 10 years and haven't spoke to either of them for over 4 years. One of my sisters has told me that they have been in trouble quite often with the police for mainly fighting and one of them have been to prision for 2 months for theft. I personally think they are the reason why. B…

    • 0 replies
    • 756 views
  12. mark/glos
    Started by mark/glos,

    Hi everyone, im hoping i could get some good information here. Back in 2007 i applied for the special constabulary in gloucestershire and passed the recruitement test, interview, medical and was then given a start date, 2 days later i get another letter saying my application has been rejected at the vetting stage. I thought i'd leave it a while and apply again. I wrote to them 2 weeks ago to ask if i can reapply and today i was told that the origional decision still stands and i am not allowed to apply for any post within gloucestershire constabulary ever again. Now, as you can imaging i was absolutely gutted. I have a caution i recieved when i was 15 (am now 27)for spr…

    • 1 reply
    • 782 views
  13. EKMSC
    Started by EKMSC,

    So...?

    • 1 reply
    • 554 views
  14. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hi I have been invited to A/C sat 11th Sep and wanted to know if anyone had already been to one for SYP, what was it like and how long where you there and what did you have to wear? I know on the letter i got it stated that there are 2 tests, is there anywhere i can do a mock test online free to prepare? any advice appreciated thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 603 views
  15. playuk
    Started by playuk,

    Hi Guys, I have had my AC and interview but have been emailed saying they would like to invite me back for a 30 min scenario based interview. From what I could gather from various sources and contacts, my force are implementing a new recruitment/training scheme... Anyone heard anything about the changes and how they will affect recruitment? I have been hearing all sorts of rumours such as eventually all regulars will have been specials before recruited into the regs.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.