Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ag309
    Started by ag309,

    Hi, i have seen on another forum mention of a new recruitment process within the Met police in regard to specials. This refers more specifically to the removal of role plays from the Day 1. Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 887 views
  2. seanl9103
    Started by seanl9103,

    Just checked the website and Gwent are recruiting specials, gonna give them a ring 2morrow. Anyone else thinking of applying ?

  3. Oarsman.
    Started by Oarsman.,

    Hi, I have recentley be given a date to start training as a Speical in the Met. I cant wait to start but wondered if anybody could give me (if possible) an out line of what your day as a Special on duty may look like. I understnad its a very varied role but i am a bit in the dark as to how it actually works! No doubt all will become clear during the training (I hope!), but I wondered to what extent its a case of 'rock up, get changed go patrolling for 4 hrs' or how much direction we get given at the start of a shift i.e. do we get a briefing? do we get told things to look out for? or are we left pretty much to our own devices? Any comments gratefully received! Many T…

  4. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    Afternoon, I have just been advised that I passed the paper sift for the City of London Police Specials recruitment drive and have my assessment this Saturday. Just wondering if anyone can advise me on; what to expect, what to prepare for, what to research etc. oh an what to wear lol Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  5. lewis100
    Started by lewis100 * ,

    hey im lewis I am applying for specials now for West Midlands, i was just wondering if anyone knows how long the application process takes ? I am not living in Birmingham until July so im worried that they will want me t start the work before i move down. cheers people lewis

    • 3 replies
    • 767 views
  6. kuztardd
    Started by kuztardd,

    Since the MET are not recruiting new constables at the moment, and possibly not for some time (allegedly), I have thought that I may apply for the Specials, mainly to get a taste for the job, get some good experience, as well as take part in the community. What happens if I was lucky enough to get accepted to the Specials, part way through training but then applications for the MET are opened, is it looked upon as unfavourable as you will have been through training and maybe wasted their time and money if you plan to move to be a proper Constable?

  7. mdeer
    Started by mdeer,

    Afternoon Folks This is a double post, I also posted this in the recrutiment section but I figured i'd put in here too see if I can get some more hits. I was wondering if anyone wouldn't mind me send them in a provate message my competency examples so I could get a little feedback on how I am doing. Would anyone mind taking a look for me?

    • 2 replies
    • 1.8k views
  8. LukeYoung
    Started by LukeYoung,

    Hi, I was wondering what the role of the special constable was? this isn't a hate thread against them, but i was thinking surely they could just employ more regular constables rather than paying for part time ones? i don't have a sausage why this is, is it cheaper to train them & only have to pay them for part time work rather than pay for a full constable? Many Thanks

  9. Somner
    Started by Somner,

    Regulars recruitment has slowed to a crawl so I'm looking into voluneering as a Special in the mean time. They're happy to take me without having me repeat any parts of the process I've completed as a regular, and even though they ask for 2 years service they don't mind if I leave to move onto regulars. What exactly is the deal with Specials whilst off duty? I know that as a regular PC you're technically never off duty - but what about as a Special? What about if I was at work (in the shop I work in) and somebody came in and shoplifted, would I be expected to act? What would I be expected to do? I'm sure I'll leave all of this at some point but somebody at work asked me…

  10. becky x
    Started by becky x,

    Hello, I am currently waiting for the west mids to open the recruitment for the regulars as it is my dream career. It is still closed at present but they have opened the specials recruitment. I need some advice!!! Shall I wait for the regulars recruitment to open or should I apply for the specials while I wait? I know that it would be good experience for when I apply for the regulars but the only thing that is putting me off is the fact that the specials don't get paid for the same job. In addition, if I applied for the specials now and then in a few weeks they opened the regulars recruitment whould I be able to apply for the regulars aswell…

    • 4 replies
    • 735 views
  11. Daftbri14
    Started by Daftbri14,

    Hi Guys I'm currently undergoing recruitment for the regulars however it may be a while before the next stage (fitness and medical) in the mean time, i have been offered the opportunity to apply for the specials while waiting. I am taking the offer up and was wondering, in general, are the specials treated well by their fully paid colleagues? i kind of heard that it used to be an issue but not as much now? Bri

    • 28 replies
    • 4k views
  12. calvin1546620620
    Started by calvin1546620620,

    Here are some of the benefits of being a police officer: * an excellent pension, * various promotion opportunities, * the option to specialise in a particular field (e.g. firearms) * flexible working hours. * paid overtime * Generous holiday allowance 23 days plus bank holidays. * Paid sick leave * Eligible for the key workers scheme What other benefits do you know? Share it here!

  13. nozza1546620103
    Started by nozza1546620103,

    Hello all, been a while since ive been online. Finally handed in SC application to NWP, now i have the PIRT on 9th December

    • 1 reply
    • 792 views
    Universally_Challenged
  14. ajfaccini
    Started by ajfaccini,

    Anyone else on it?

    • 0 replies
    • 743 views
  15. jonnyp42

    The City of London Police are looking for volunteer Special Constables - trained volunteers who work with and support their local police. Being a "Special" opens up a world of opportunity for personal and professional advancement. Further information & a downloadable application pack can be found here: http://www.cityoflondon.police.uk/citypoli...itment/specials Applications close on Tuesday 6th April 2010 . The selection process, comprising of a test and an interview will be held on Saturday 17 April 2010. If you wish to obtain further information about the role, please email your questions together with your contact details to recruitment@citysc.org.uk and a …

    • 2 replies
    • 750 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.