Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Blue-Diamond07
    Started by Blue-Diamond07,

    I was reading through the application form last night, and there a part regarding debt and CCJ's etc. I can't remember for sure, but I think one was issued against me by error. They had the wrong address (long story) anyway it was taken back, but not sure 100% as it was ages ago. Its worrying me as I don't know if its relevant and I don't know the full details. I also can't remember 6 years of debt history, so what if I miss something? I'm stressing lol, what do they check?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey Guys wondering If anyone has a little bit of insight into what the medical entails??? What can fail, what looks bad etc etc... ANYONE?!?!?!!?!??!? JP

    • 20 replies
    • 2.4k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  3. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. Is the vetting procedure the same for specials and regulars? Kind regards

    specialteacher1546081026
  4. freeflyfred
    Started by freeflyfred,

    Hi everyone, Just wondering if special constable is a key worker? Where can I find suporting info? Many thanks!

    • 1 reply
    • 968 views
  5. pottheed9593
    Started by pottheed9593,

    I am in the application process to be a special in northern constabulary, I am going to get a home visit, has anyone had this done, if so what was it like / what am i to expect?? Thanks in advance!

  6. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey Guys, Found out yesterday I passed my A/C with the Specials and attending an open day too. Got my interview in 1st week of October - ANY ADVICE, FEEDBACK FROM PEOPLE WHO ATTENDED BEFORE??? Thanks in advance guys 'n' dolls. JP

    • 10 replies
    • 1.7k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  7. Sam333
    Started by Sam333,

    Hi Folks Anyone in the 31 Oct intake. Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 858 views
  8. Smiley24
    Started by Smiley24,

    Hello!!! A couple of months ago i applied to be a PC but failed by a couple of marks. Ive decided to do the specials so it would give me a taster of what it would be like plus would look good on CV. Ive got my day 1 coming soon, anyone got any advice? It can't be as bad as the day 1 for the PC as that was a bit nerve racking day!!! Any advice would be great. Thank you x Smiley

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. sampierce55
    Started by sampierce55,

    I submitted my application the other day just wondering has anybody else applied, Sam

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  10. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    I'm currently awaiting a start date for Northumbria Specials, I wondered if there was anyone else waiting for a start date or currently working in Byker (where I would like to be after training).

    • 2 replies
    • 669 views
  11. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Hi all, just interested to know if the police forces allow civvys to have alook at special constables, it sounds daft i know but i know they do something similar for regular police officers.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.4k views
  12. HALL OF STAFFS
    Started by HALL OF STAFFS,

    Hi there just recently applied for the specials with the Staffordshire police. Had a quick call from them and she mentioned a date for me to go in on 14th October, still nervously awaiting letter!! As a newbie can anyone tell me what to expect? Swotting up on PIRT's and role of the Special Constable and the Staffordshire Police website !! Any friendly advice would be much welcoming!

    • 5 replies
    • 939 views
  13. User12345678
    Started by User12345678 +,

    On the letter provided it doesn't give a reason." It just says that due to the confidential nature of these enquiries we are unable to advise you on a specific reason" Anyone know why this might be? Thanks

    • 20 replies
    • 11.1k views
  14. higgi930
    Started by higgi930,

    Hi , Just seeing if there is anyone on the journey for the specials, due for sept 09 intake???

    • 65 replies
    • 5.6k views
  15. jones87
    Started by jones87,

    Hi, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has offered me advice & support on the forum, I passed my interview this evening and I start training on the 14th november, cant wait!

    • 1 reply
    • 649 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.