Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Jazz Hands!
    Started by Jazz Hands!,

    Hi folks I've just started with Strathclyde as a Special Constable at their March intake and just wanted to drop a line to say hello and introduce myself to the forum. I'd really appreciate any hints and tips from any more experienced officers as I'm looking to apply for the Regulars in a year or two so want to make sure I utilise my time as effectivey as possible. Any info. you have would be great or even if you just want to say hi! Thanks... :) Jazz Hands!

    • 3 replies
    • 890 views
  2. G07122
    Started by G07122,

    I sent of my application form to be a special constable in the Staffordshire police but have still not heard back from them. It has been 2 weeks is this normal or have I failed the process already. I think that I will give them a call. The deadline is 31/12/2009 so will I have to wait till then. Any help will be useful, thanks

    • 3 replies
    • 618 views
  3. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Does anyone else on here have their assessment for Northumbria specials on Thursday? I have mine at 12 noon.

    • 2 replies
    • 722 views
  4. Loubee
    Started by Loubee,

    Hi all, I have an assessment centre with Thames Valley Police in a few weeks (to hopefully become a Special) and was wondering if anyone would be able to advise what dress code is best? I obviously won't be turning up in jeans but not sure whether a full on suit is too much? Opinions appreciated, thanks.

  5. Louise.
    Started by Louise.,

    Ive given in my application to join the regs, but have a feeling im going to fail on one of my comptency questions. So im going to wait till i get the feedback on that, so that i can make the changes when i complete my specials application form. I wanted to know whether the marking of the specials form is as rigorous as for the regulars. Im assuming the level of interest will be less, so the grade boundries might be lower too?

    • 1 reply
    • 697 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  6. yorkiebobbie
    Started by yorkiebobbie,

    Hi guys, I've got my Transfer Interview on Weds 29th :-D Just wanting to know if there is anyone here that works in City Centre..as PC/SC/PCSO... I have my Interview at Millgarth...does that mean if I pass...I will be based there? What's it like working there? Do you enjoy it? I've heard the WYP let sme of their specials drive?! Is this true? Sorry about the what may seem daft questions... Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer :-D Thanks guys, Sean :ph34r:

  7. Jake Heaton
    Started by Jake Heaton * ,

    I am 18 years old, 19 in June, I was a police cadet when I was younger, I have done Duke Of Edinburgh Bronze and Silver. I am worried that if I apply, I might not get in because I am so young. The reason I want to join is to help people, protect members of the public from a whole range of threats, to keep peace in the communities and to try and make London a safer place. I am worried that if I apply, they might laugh at me and throw my application in the bin and forget about me. I know a lot of 18 year olds are immature, but I am different, I have grown up very quickly, I didn't have a very nice home life, so I was out most of the time, helping people, helping old ladies…

  8. VulcanBomber1546620376
    Started by VulcanBomber1546620376 * ,

    I have just been accepted to joint the Essex police special constabulary, subject to a medical. I am ex forces, and still reserve, and while I was in the mob I managed to get myself on a 6 week driving course to drive defensively and with the blues on. Now I didn’t once have the need to drive with the lights on but it did make me appreciate driving and the skill that it take to drive well. I am constantly reading Roadcraft and although I feel I am just as good now as 4 years ago I would like to have a refresher course. I have been told that traffic for a special is a no go area, but you do get to drive the local cars – which will be fine by me, but you have to pass a…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Tim in the South
  9. leanne06
    Started by leanne06,

    Hi i applied to Strathclyde Police as a Special Constable, today i received a letter to contact the Chief Inspectors staff members Mrs Lundie/Mrs Bennet asap, does anybody know if this is a good sign as im not sure? thanks.

    • 2 replies
    • 652 views
  10. mini-taz
    Started by mini-taz,

    Hi everyone if you are applying fot the Strathclyde Special Constables intake for September 2009 add or ask questions on this page. All the more info and questions on this page the more we can help each other get to the final goal of being a special constable. Good luck to everyone and hope this page helps us all. Mini - Taz

  11. xkelkelx
    Started by xkelkelx,

    Hi All, Don't know if anyone can help, but have been offered to go onto the Special Constable Role as i failed on Day 1 of a Police Constable, I'm going to accept it and then go straight onto my Day 2, but wondered what the length of this was before you could apply and get more chance of getting in for Police Constable. For instance with PCSO, you need to stay there 2 years. Many Thanks Kerry xx

    • 5 replies
    • 4.4k views
  12. fido1546620302
    Started by fido1546620302,

    If you successfully become a Special constable, and at a later date want to apply as a Regular, do you have to start and pass the whole recruitment proccess all over again? also....do specials have the same training as regulars, if not, how do they train, as i,m guessing most have full time jobs already.

    fido1546620302
  13. mini-taz
    Started by mini-taz,

    hi everyone! I am applying for the September 09 intake for strathclyde Special constables and was wanting to find out how everyone who was on the March in take got through it? What is the interview like? What advice can you give to passing it? All information is welcome. thanks to everyone and i wll post any information i get from each stage that i do.

    • 2 replies
    • 2k views
  14. robfish72
    Started by robfish72,

    Hi I'm starting my Specials training with SWP on April 18th at Bridgend. Anybody know how many weekends the training lasts before it goes to mid week evenings? The recruitment team could only say that they are adopting a new style training schedule and a complete training time table would be given on the 18th. Rob.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. TJM
    Started by TJM,

    Hi guys, I'm planning to attend the info event for would-be special constables at the Met on April 2, but I've a few questions that I'd like to clear up now. 1. What are the Met's fitness standards? If you could be precise so I have something to train towards then that would be great. 2. How long does it normally take for the Met to move ahead with applications? From what I've read trawling through this forum, it can vary widly by force and time of year. Should I just expect to wait at least six months? 3. Any choice in where I am posted? 4. How deep is the vetting? I've nothing to hide, but I read somewhere that they vet anyone you're living with and I'm in shared …

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.