Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Barry642
    Started by Barry642 * ,

    Hi everyone, Ive only just signed up to this forum although i have been looking at it for some time and have found it very useful. Basically i am thinking about applying to the Specials and just basically want some insight. First of all though let me explain my story. In the past i never had any desire to join the Police and my first choice career was to join the Fire Service which was my childhood ambition. I first applied aged 17 1/2 and failed and then again when i was nearly 19. I passed the initial application form stage this time and then moved onto the medical form stage. On this medical form i had to disclose that i had mild asthma as a child and that i had not…

    • 3 replies
    • 780 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  2. Imspecial
    Started by Imspecial,

    Good news people, I passed the papersift for Humberside Police and now have to attend a Competency Based Assessment down at the station to move on with my application. Does anyone here have any info on what Im going to have to do on this assessment day? I take Im gona have to dust off the old suit to make a good impression. Cheers guys

    • 1 reply
    • 641 views
  3. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Good Morning! As it said's in the topic title and topic description my re-sit interview is this Saturday morning at 09:45am. The main purpose of my post is to ask if there are last min tips for the interview. Thanks for all your great advice on here! Dalec

    • 9 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. bobbyonbeat
    Started by bobbyonbeat,

    Hi, I have recently applied for the Specials and completed every stage of the recruitment process. However, due to somethin that has shown up from a family member, i have been notified that i have been rejected! I have appealed this decision as i have not lived with this family member for over 16 years, and have no regular contact with them. I stated on the application form about this etc. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else? and if their appeal was successful?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  5. Jelly Bean
    Started by Jelly Bean,

    Hey everyone.. Basically I recently failed the Assessment Centre stage for GMP by 3% and I am going through all my options as what to do in the meantime that would increase my chances of passing the process again in 6 months time should I decide not to transfer to a different force. In the feedback letter they say I should consider joining as a Special Constable and if I am interested to email them. But first I really just wanted to know would I have to go through the application process again and A/C or would they move me straight on to an interview and fitness test. I would ask GMP directly but I was hoping someone on here may know as this site is like my…

    • 1 reply
    • 791 views
  6. shane
    Started by shane,

    i was wondering do you think my dad's Juvenile record for joy riding (when he was 15) baring in mind hes now 45, will effect my CRB?

    • 4 replies
    • 845 views
    Tim in the South
  7. bobbyonbeat
    Started by bobbyonbeat,

    Happy Christmas and Eid to everybody!!!!!!! Must say tho, that certain xmas songs are really gettin on my nerves lol!!! :whistle2:

    MadDogs&Englishmen
  8. shane
    Started by shane,

    is there a limit to how many retakes you can have, because without doubt really i know ive failed today, but its also made me feel more confident that its something i really want to get involved in/retake until i pass secondaly, re: retakes, do they still use the same resources to test candidates i.e. same scenario, same interview questions

    • 0 replies
    • 480 views
  9. Humperz8
    Started by Humperz8,

    This is probably the 100th time someone has asked this but here we go anyway, ive got my assessment day coming up and I am wondering what I should wear, smart casual or very smart i.e. suit?? thanks in advance for any advice Humperz

    • 6 replies
    • 867 views
  10. Boxy
    Started by Boxy,

    Hi Guys and Gals I have a few questions that im hoping you can help with? 1) How long does it usually take to receive a letter letting you know if and when your interview is? 2) What are the fitness requirements? 3) What do I need to know for my interview? 4) How long does the whole process usually take from application to duty? 5) Exactly what do you learn in you training days?

    • 1 reply
    • 549 views
  11. Lil tan
    Started by Lil tan * ,

    Hey everyone, can anyone help me in regards to the fitness test for specials with northumbria police. i have mine tomorrow, however only have brief info on it. thank you. x

    • 9 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. SarahLouise
    Started by SarahLouise,

    Hello! Can anyone give advice...I have A/C for the specials on the 13th December...Is it correct that there won't be any roleplays for the specials? Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 317 views
  13. tropicana
    Started by tropicana,

    Hi guys, I'm a comms officer,looking to apply to be a Special. Does anyone know how it goes if later I like the job and decide to apply for PC? How long does it take and what are the requirements?or can u request direct transfer? end of trasmission and passed to CAD Looooooooooooool Tropicana

  14. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Monday 15 December in York. Just wondered whether anyone else was attending this event? I'm hoping to have heard back from WYP by then (if I have passed papersift then I shan't bother going) as I don't want/aren't allowed to apply to 2 forces at a time. Also if anyone has attended a similar event could they please share some insights as to what exactly we can expect at such an evening, for e.g. what to wear etc.... Thanks for any replies in advance

    • 2 replies
    • 597 views
  15. chopper100
    Started by chopper100,

    During training for the specials do you have to get sprayed with pava or CS or is this just a myth? Thanks Very Much.

    • 13 replies
    • 3.1k views
    specialteacher1546081026

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.