Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. pink girl
    Started by pink girl * ,

    hiya ive heard that if you do more than 16hrs a month as a special then you do get paid, but only twice a year is this true?

    • 10 replies
    • 1.8k views
  2. maly2m
    Started by maly2m * ,

    Hello Folks! Was wondering whether any of You got his assesment day coming up soon for a met police. My one is on 15 september and i can say I am ready. But... . I am ready for a assesment day for a regular and someone just told me that one for special it is far nothing compered to the one for regular. Is this a true? Did I waste my time prepering for interview, writting and roles play? Have any of You got this idea what is waiting for me on 15 of september? Thanks!!!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. pink girl
    Started by pink girl * ,

    hiya everyone ive recently passed my interview to become a special and have got a uniform fitting soon, but ive been thinking that i would prefer to leave my day job and do it full time as a pcso, what do you think?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. chopper100
    Started by chopper100,

    Im just about to start my training with the specials. At what part of the training do you get given all your uniform and your equipment? Thanks very Much

    • 2 replies
    • 974 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  5. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Hey! Just thought i'd pass on a BIG thank you to all the Specials who spoke to us last night about joining Essex Specials, it was a fantastic night getting an insight into life as a special. Thank you again! Dalec

    • 19 replies
    • 1.6k views
  6. Watts100
    Started by Watts100,

    Good evening to all, I am curious, within the Special Constabulary and before gaining independant patrol, do officers complete a PDP ( like the SOLAP but condensed)? I would be interested in any replies/information that you can provide. Cheers Watts

  7. mark_tbde
    Started by mark_tbde * ,

    Hey folks, i'm new to the forum but just thought i'd leave a little hello. recently was accepted for strathclyde police specials, just booked my uniform fitting today, unfortunately its a few weeks away cause the 'fellar said they were swamped. However i'm thoroughly excited about the whole thing and glad to be in. hope i've made this years intake though, i was told at an earlier point i would be, but it's been a while processing so i'm not too sure now. just need to wait and see i guess, thought the idea of waiting for a while would be pretty gutting

  8. scrickles
    Started by scrickles * ,

    Hi there, I'm about to finish a degree and it has been a goal in my life to be somehow involved in police work. I'm thinking of joining the Specials - but I am quite shortsighted and wear contact lenses. Before I apply I thought it would be worth finding out what the Specials' requirements are. Thanks!

  9. deanoreynolds
    Started by deanoreynolds,

    Evening all, If you have points on your licence will this affect your chances of getting in? Thanks

  10. ShaneC
    Started by ShaneC,

    a quick question; my uncle apparantly stole £500 from a till at work yesterday; hes now asking for it from my 70 year old grand parents who arent able to give him that money along with the fact hes saying that hes in debt of around £25'000 (hes been harrasing / bullying them for years now). my grandparents have given up on him i think, and no one else is going to cover him anymore. theyve already given him thousands of pounds, anyway to the point; do you think this could hinder my application, if hes gets in trouble with the police over this? (not sure if this makes any difference; my uncle has a different surname to myself aswell) thanks in advance

    specialteacher1546081026
  11. deanoreynolds
    Started by deanoreynolds,

    Afternoon all! Just wondering, if your on your way to start your shift and you need to stop off somewhere but you're in uniform. Are you allowed to do this, or is it prohibited? Are you allowed to be somewhere whilst in uniform if your off duty... If you don't understand any of this just ask and il re-word it Thanks, Dean

  12. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    Hi, I was just wondering for the PIRT, is it just the maths and verbal logical reasoning tests, or is it also the report writing exercises too?

    • 2 replies
    • 836 views
  13. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    It's been a month since I applied to be a Special Constable with Derbyshire Constabulary (time flies, I know), and as of yet have not received anything, not even a letter. Should I assume that my application won't be going ahead?

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  14. ShaneC
    Started by ShaneC,

    sorry if this question has been asked numerous times already, but usually how long after the application been sent of does one expect to recieve a response i just handed in mine today (technically yesterday) at an MET open recruitment event also is there a chance i could be turned down if my class teacher was to give me a bad reference (based on not attending college alot) cheers

    • 4 replies
    • 948 views
  15. Gismo1546620204
    Started by Gismo1546620204,

    Hi there My application got rejected. I'm presuming its because dad has been arrested for domestic violence on a couple of occassions but he has never been sent to jail. The letter said 'Due to Data Protection .... .' I know that the rest of my family is squeaky clean other than parking tickets and fines. I rang to ask if I could appeal. He said NO! Once a decision has been made, then thats it and suggested that I apply again in one year's time. I explained that I have been working in Finance for the past 10 years and that we need to be decent law abiding citizens in order to be mortgage advisers and I have not allowed my dad's behaviour to have any negative impact…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.