Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. mastersmithson
    Started by mastersmithson,

    they are having an information evening on Oct 14th (I dont have a letter yet as they are back logged, but anyone got any idea on time so I would be able to book time out of the nursery if I need to?) Hopefully they will show us the fitness test! Anyone know what the machines are called where we need to push 35kg? I cant find it! If you are part of Dorset, would be nice to talk to you, see how you like it etc. Im on msn, or e-mail at mastersmithson@hotmail.com

    • 0 replies
    • 490 views
  2. mastersmithson
    Started by mastersmithson,

    Im 20 and I currently work as a Nursery nurse in a day nursery (not the most manly job, but im good at it!) I've been wanting to join the police all my life (well, since I can remember anyway!) but my area (Dorset) have not been looking for reg and only just open for specials since 2 years ago!!! (I applied but failed the maths part in the PIRT last time ) Anyway, ive just applied again and waiting for a letter now but I am so excited! I've brought 3 books now about the selection process and work on maths about 1 hour aday plus gym etc etc. It may only be a special but for me, its the first step for my dream job, im working so hard to get it!

    • 2 replies
    • 719 views
  3. deanoreynolds
    Started by deanoreynolds,

    Just a quick question... Can you choose where you patrol? As you don't get paid it would make sense choosing somewhere close to your home town. I know where i would like to be based but do you get to choose? Thanks

  4. sfuller
    Started by sfuller,

    Is the training done on evenings? weekends?

    • 5 replies
    • 1.2k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  5. umair
    Started by umair,

    hi new to form any body from cleveland specials need some tips for interview thanks

  6. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    I got 22/25 for Numerical Reasoning, and Verbal Logical Reasoning, I got 31/31. Awaiting a date for interview now, really excited!

    • 9 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. jibberjabber74
    Started by jibberjabber74,

    just wondering as im new to the job what the procedure is for arresting someone

  8. chopper100
    Started by chopper100,

    Hiya guys hope someone might be able to help. Im due to start training at the start of October and was just wondering at what point of the specials training do you get your shoulder/epilette number? Thanks very much

    • 3 replies
    • 891 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  9. bobbyonbeat
    Started by bobbyonbeat,

    Just out of interest, does anyone know how long the relevant checks take to complete? Thanks Jack

    • 4 replies
    • 1.1k views
  10. ThomasN99
    Started by ThomasN99,

    So i recently applied to be a regular officer with Strathclyde, i passed the set and the fitness, i then went for my initial interview and about a week later, i got the letter through the post saying ''I regret to inform you that after giving the matter careful consideration i am unable to offer you an appointment'' Now i understand that i must wait a year before applying to become a regular again, but could i apply to become a special right now? Thanks Thomas

  11. Shield
    Started by Shield,

    I'm thinking of applying to the Specials , partly to test the water before I apply to the regulars. Are there any Strathclyde Specials on here , if so what is the training like and what sort of duties have you been given since joining? Cheers

    • 0 replies
    • 534 views
  12. deanoreynolds
    Started by deanoreynolds,

    Just wondering what other's wore for their PIR. Mine is on October 26th and I don't knwo what to wear. Is it just casual? Or are there fitness tests involved?

  13. lancspesh
    Started by lancspesh,

    I am new to this forum so would first of all like to say hello I have aimed to join the Police force since i was 15, now being 20 i have completed a B-Tec in Uniformed Public Services and i am now in my second year of a Criminology Degree. I have just applied for the Specials and passed the paper sift stage and have my numerical skills and English written skills tests tommorow at Hutton head quarters. My plan is to maybe spend a year or two doing this job, mainly to get experience of what exactly the Police force does in its day to day work and to also see if the role is generally for me. There is nothing else in life i have really aspired to be and the Police force has…

  14. sparky_j2003
    Started by sparky_j2003 * ,

    hiya guys, i was just wandering if anyone knew what was actually checked when security checks are completed in the final stages of the recruitment process? cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 879 views
  15. lancspesh
    Started by lancspesh,

    howdy, i have just received conformation that i have passed my pir test to become a special , the next stage of the application is to have a ninterview with a special constable. What i would like to know, is what to expect in this interview and how should i conduct myself to get the best possible outcome?

    • 1 reply
    • 773 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.