Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    I have just today put in the first application form to join the specials. However the recruitmtent closes on the 31st March for Norpol, will it be seen as I applied when this form is received or will it be when the next form is filled and returned and will I have enough time. Also is the recruitment for the specials as long as the reg's as I know this can take in some cases well over a year.

    • 3 replies
    • 790 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  2. WM87
    Started by WM87 * ,

    Hi, not long ago I applied as a New Constable and had my assessment day for the Metropolitan Police, unfortunately I didn't pass. Now I have to wait 6 months or so (May 2009) to re-apply, what I was wondering was if I could still apply as a Special Constable (volunteering) during the time I have to wait with a hope of giving me a better chance to pass the next time I apply again?? Also, how long would it take me to become a Special? And could I volunteer any days that I wish (e.g. 5 days the first week, 2 days the second week, etc)?

    • 2 replies
    • 815 views
  3. dns965
    Started by dns965 * ,

    Hiya, Just passed medical today!! Just wondered if any1 else starting soon?.... I'm starting training 1st weekend of March. Can't wait!! Cheers Dean

    • 0 replies
    • 345 views
  4. yorkiebobbie
    Started by yorkiebobbie,

    Hi folks, apologies if this has already been posted, I can't seem to find it. I know if you fail any part of Reg's A/C, you have to wait 6 months to re-apply to Reg's... But does this still work for if you fail A/C for Reg's, but then want to apply for Specials?? Can you do that straight away, or still have to wait 6 months?? Thanks for your replys guy Yorkie :ph34r:

  5. sirjack1
    Started by sirjack1,

    Hello Everybody. I'm making this thread because I feel like I don't have enough Life experience to be a Special Constable. I'm only 19 at the moment, I've only ever had one job and that lasted for six months then I quit that job to Attend College to do a Uniformed Services course. I want to apply to Staffordshire Special Constables and I have noticed on the Application form the section where it says "Your other activites" - skills/voluntary/community etc - I haven't done any community/volunteer work at all and this is what the police love, but even if I did I feel that I still wouldn't get anywhere. My application form would look pretty plain. What community/voluntee…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. UKPerson
    Started by UKPerson * ,

    Hello, This is my first post here and I'd appreciate some insight into this if anybody knows anything. I applied to The Met in June and have now passed the Day 1 with good grades and have passed the fitness test and medical. I have been told by Occ Health that my application could be put on hold due to the number of sick days I had off last year even though my Doctor gave me the all clear and the Occ Health nurse said she thought I was fine. It is even possible that my application gets withrawn and I have to reapply in the future. If this happens then I would like to apply to be a special maybe in Surrey. I thought I would be able to take my recent passes at the AC to …

    • 3 replies
    • 966 views
  7. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hi, Just wondering, like regulars, do specials have powers of arrest/responsibilities when off duty (im talking in england & wales)? Do the rights only apply to their force and surrounding forces, or all forces in england and wales? Thanks in advance!

    • 5 replies
    • 1.3k views
  8. kirsty w
    Started by kirsty w,

    Hi all, Just been reading through the forum and it has been really helpful, thanks. I am in the process in filling out my application form for strathclyde specials and i am wondering if anyone has some advice about the 'give details of any skills/attributes together with any other information you may wish to be considered in your application' section. I can prob think of plenty skills etc, but what about 'anything else i wish to be considered'? Any ideas guys/galls? Im 23, a full time student and have been thinking about applying to the police force since i was about 17, but decided i better do some growing up first. If i get in I would like to apply to be a regular…

    • 10 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. stitched
    Started by stitched,

    Hi all, I applied to the specials back in October 2008 .... received a letter in November stating that my application had been passed to vetting for them to check out an old FPN that i received and declared on my application form. I havent heard anything from them since, and do not want to be pushy and keep calling to see whats happening as I know these guys and girls are very busy. Today I received an email from Credit Expert (who I subscribe to to monitor any credit applications in my name) and it states that my credit history has been searched within the last week by ASSOCIATION OF CHIEF Can anyone help me ..... would they be checking my credit history if my appli…

    • 3 replies
    • 817 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  10. Fairfax
    Started by Fairfax,

    Just out of interest, how many Specials have this on their epauletes, and what reaction do you get from the public due to this? Also, most forces appear to have scrapped it, so the other question is why do some still persist with it? Thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  11. FoxTagb
    Started by FoxTagb,

    Hello to all, First post so please be gentle. Finally received my letter to confirm the start date and training schedule of Specials training with Devon and Cornwall on 30th Jan to 1st Feb. Really excited but really nervous too. (Bit pathetic really i know!!) Is there anybody else out there who will be starting too?? Would be nice to say Hi and maybe feel less nervous on the day/weekend?? Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 864 views
  12. 2Stroke
    Started by 2Stroke,

    I'm a recently attested SC, thought I would show my face on here, hello! :)

    • 2 replies
    • 686 views
  13. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hello, I know the key parts of the recruitment process for specials are application form, fitness test, and interview. Im just curious as to what I could expect for the special's interview, in relation to north yorkshire police (if that helps). If not, specials in general. How long is the interview, is it similar to the regulars police interview, or is it slightly less 'intense' being a voluntary position? What do I need to research? (for example specials role, what you could be getting upto, training, and force initiatives etc?) Many thanks in advance! Jamie.

    • 2 replies
    • 982 views
  14. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hello! Just a quick question... can you apply to be a special constable if you currently hold a staff role within the same police force? Or, are there any rules against being a special if you work as support staff, I could fit it in easily, its just whether im given the chance too! Thanks, Jamie.

    • 5 replies
    • 1k views
  15. CalvinK
    Started by CalvinK,

    Hi, I've got my Induction Day at Police HQ on Friday, and typically the only thing I'm more worried about is what to wear. Having never been to one of these before, I am unsure as to whether to go casual, or semi-formal (with a shirt, tie, trousers and shoes), or just in a suit. I don't want to look out of place, but I don't want to look as if I don't care, and the invitation gave no indication as to what I should wear or take. What do people generally wear to these days?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.9k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.