Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. MM841546620326
    Started by MM841546620326,

    Hi all, Martin here. I'm a 24 year old teacher from Glasgow here. I'm keen on joining the BTP but it seems to be a hard process! Been onto HR at Glasgow HQ twice now and they still haven't advertised a vacancy on the BTP website which they said they would do for me to allow me to apply. I'm going to give the Inspector in charge of the specials who's based in Edinburgh a call tomorrow in the hope that he can help me out. A couple of questions to any BTP specials out there: How often have you been to court? will the BTP contact your current employer (I'd rather keep my volunatry activities to myself) Cheers, Martin

    • 0 replies
    • 575 views
  2. lancspesh
    Started by lancspesh,

    Hi all. I am currently applying for the Lancashire Specials. I have just received notification of my interview and i have it next wednesday. As i understand it i will have this interview with an already serving special. Is this correct? If so, what kind of questions can i expect to be asked and is the interview likely to be formal or informal?

    • 7 replies
    • 1.4k views
  3. lancspesh
    Started by lancspesh,

    Hi all. I am currently applying for the Lancashire Specials. I have just received notification of my interview and i have it next wednesday. As i understand it i will have this interview with an already serving special. Is this correct? If so, what kind of questions can i expect to be asked and is the interview likely to be formal or informal?

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  4. matt t1546620321
    Started by matt t1546620321 * ,

    HI, I have recently applied to be a special for Wiltshire constabulary, can anyone tell me what the average waiting time is before you hear back if you have passed the papersift? Thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 1k views
    matt t1546620321 *
  5. Double-six
    Started by Double-six,

    Hi all, Sorry if this has already been answered but I couldn't see anything... I was wondering how do the shifts of specials fit in to the regular shifts? I.e. say you had agreed to work 4 hours, would you have to start at the same time as the regulars or can you start half way through a shift? Thanks!

    • 2 replies
    • 997 views
  6. deanoreynolds
    Started by deanoreynolds,

    I visited the station i wish to be based at and they informed me that they have no specials there. Does this mean if i pass the stages required im allowed to be based there? Cheers, Dean

  7. lancspesh
    Started by lancspesh,

    Hi all, i am currently waiting for my interview stage of the Special Constables application process. What i would like to firstly know is, how long was it between applying and being appointed? Secondly, how many hours a week do you work? And lastly, on an average working day, what is your usual routine or regime? (if one exists at all) cheers in advance, The Maxster

    • 4 replies
    • 1k views
  8. deanoreynolds
    Started by deanoreynolds,

    Not long now til the 23rd of October and getting very nervous. After failing as a regular pinning all my hopes on this. How does one go about preparing themselves for the verbal and logical reasoning tests? Thanks, Dean

  9. daniel.mears
    Started by daniel.mears * ,

    Hi, new to the forum and hearing this mentioned a lot, I put my written application in to my local constabulary a few weeks ago and have been invited to the PIRT session at the end of this month, does this mean I have passed the 'paper sift' and vetting? Or is vetting done at a later date?

    • 2 replies
    • 991 views
    daniel.mears *
  10. dalec
    Started by dalec,

    Good Morning ukpoliceonline.co.uk Well next Saturday is my PIRT for the specials, I thought i'd post a quick post to ask you all for some 'Top Tips' for my last week before the testing. Any idea's or tips would be fantastic Thanking you all A very nervous Dalec

    • 12 replies
    • 1.5k views
  11. pedduke
    Started by pedduke,

    i was just wondering if there was a maximum number of hours per week that you can serve as a special constable

    • 10 replies
    • 2.4k views
  12. Mike C
    Started by Mike C,

    I've got my AC for Hants Specials this Saturday , just wondering whether anyone on the forum will also be there?

  13. Jake 21
    Started by Jake 21,

    Hi everyone, first post in this part of the forum but it seemed like the most apropriate one! Can you apply to become a special at the same time as you are applying to become a regular officer in another force? If not, then if you are unsuccesful as a regular then is there a time limit on when you can then apply to the specials? By extension, does that then exclude you from applying to the regulars six months after your rejection? Thanks for any advice in advance! Jake

    • 1 reply
    • 734 views
  14. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    Add me to msn or PM me on here i am willing to help with assessment center and interview for Hampshire Specials i think it would be a huge advantage to someone who has their assessment center soon. Id like to offer support to those who are trying as so farr everyone i have met through applying in Hampshire have been awsome. darylreseigh@hotmail.com

    • 7 replies
    • 2k views
  15. Payback
    Started by Payback,

    Hello, I might be applying to be a Special Constable when I'm 18 & 1/2, howeve I will still be in my last year of college doing Uniformed Public Services. I don't know if this helps by having a BTEC First Diploma in Uniformed Public Services but I will have a BTEC National Dip at the end of college. Do you think I will be taken seriousley? Thanks

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.