Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Just wondering whether anyone who has went through or understands the recruitment process for the Specials can explain it for me. I have applied and since received a vetting booklet which I have completed and sent back. What can I expect now providing I pass the vetting process? Also, what is the format for the interview? How many interviewers etc. Cheers!
-
i have passed my assessment and am currently going through vetting. but when i filled in the original forms i worked at Mcdonalds but last week i left. today i have been contacted because obviously they have phoned mcdonalds and were told this. this means that i am currently unemployed. but i am at school in sixth form and do lots of voluntary work for St John Ambulance. what i would like to know is this going to matter, and will they get a reference from my other work etc.
-
- 6 replies
- 885 views
- 1 follower
-
-
Hi all im new to this forum and what a really great forum it is! Im just wondering whether its best to apply to the specials first to get police experience or just bite the bullet and apply to become a regular? i get mixed reviews when i ask friends/family etc so u guys will know better!! thanks for ur help ashley x
-
- 10 replies
- 1.3k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Awright everyone, hows it goin? Only a week to go till we start for the march intake. I cant wait Hows everyone else feeling about starting on sunday?
-
Hi Iv just passed the applicaion process for Hertfordshire specials and the next stage is the pirt tests how difficult are they and what can i do in preperation Thanks Tom
-
i sent off my application form for special constable about 3 weeks ago and they sent me a email saying for me to fill out the employment/education history which i did for the next step.just wondering what the next step is and how do i have to wait.My friend said it takes about 1 year before its completed and when you get in training starts. I am apllying for the met poilce
-
Hello, I've not been on here for a while, I usually post on another forum but thought I'd get back on here and see what people are up to! It's been a long recruitment process for me, in fact, almost two years now. I recently transferred my application from Surrey Police to the Met after waiting for over 11 months (from passing vetting/references) to get a start date from Surrey... only to be told there weren't going to be any more for a while (except for Surrey Staff or transferred Officers)... I had my Day2 at the backend of November and am not waiting to go through Vetting and Security clearance again... I'm hoping for a Feb'09 start... anyone else on here waiting fo…
-
- 7 replies
- 619 views
- 3 followers
-
-
Hi i said i would keep you updated so here is my current situation Application for Hertfordshire constabulary submitted on 18/03/09 contacted through email to say application accepted Today (20/03/09) really happy got my pirt test coming up soon still waiting on a date
-
Passed everthing was given start date and even collar number but with 3 days to go failed the medical on my hearing absolutely gutted didn't even know i had a problem as i dont struggle to hear anything and even use radios at work with no problems. Have been for an hearing check at an hearing centre and she said that i do have a slight loss of high frequency hearing but nothing to worry about. Doctors referred me to hospital for hearing checks still waiting on results keeping everything crossed. has anyone had a problem like this and is there anything they could suggest that would help me to get in took me about 20 years to decide to apply for the specals maybe i waited t…
-
hey just wondering whats the requirements to be a special constable
-
Hi, Due to start training in March but was wondering if anyone knew wither we need to buy boots before we start training and if so what kind?? Ashley
-
Hi, I have been trying to find out more information on the NISGS but cannot find any info on Google etc, wondered if someone could help me out as I am interested in applying.
-
Hi all, Just a quick question about the training for the special constabulary. I am under the impression that the training for the specials is done on weekends and evening classes eg on a Monday night. These days, many people work some type of anti social hours i.e. anything outside of 9 - 5 Monday - Friday. My question being is it at all possible that the training can be adapted to suit you in terms of work. Obviously I know that the hours that you can work are suited to your needs but is there any way at all that you can "choose" the training sessions you attend to work around the hours you do in your full time job. Bearing in mind that people who maybe interested in…
-
Evening folks I applied for the regulars back in march last year and failed my SET exam and had to wait a year to re-apply!! But after speaking to a sargent and getting lots of info on my surrounding stations and meeting with other probationers etc, he mentioned the specials to me to gain that little more experience and get a feel for the job and to see if it's right for me! the questions i have are as follows: What is the selection process for lothian and borders specials compared to regulars? How long does this process usually take? What are the training times as i work for Tesco ditrubution and i work any 5 out of 7 and have early and backshifts alternative? Any…
-
Hi, I was always under the impression that members of the Police could not be members of political parties. However the only political restrictions I have come across relate to racist/extremist political parties. Are there any restrictions on members of moderate political parties (Labour, Conservative, Liberal) joining the police as a Special Constable? If not, am I right in thinking that there were restrictions some years ago? Thank you!
-
- 7 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-