Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jp2uk1546620308
    Started by jp2uk1546620308,

    Hey Guys, Thought I would post this and see who knows any feedback. I have found a handful of spelling and grammer mistakes on me app reading through it (Stupid I know), and was wondering if MerPol reject me for Student Officer could I apply for special as a second chance, as the job Description says... But can I do it as soon as i know i have failed or do I have to wait 6 months??? For MerPol this is guys... JP

    • 15 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Kenneth1546620559
    Started by Kenneth1546620559 * ,

    I just recently got my Special application rejected at vetting, I am gonna appeal and was looking for some advice, any suggestions?

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Kenneth1546620559 *
  3. getbiga
    Started by getbiga,

    i have got a testing session which lasts for 1 hour in the next couple of days and i just wanted to know what can i expect from this testing sesion

    • 2 replies
    • 851 views
  4. Iain897
    Started by Iain897,

    Hi all I am currently a special in Norfolk undergoing my initial training course. I have my attestation on 1st November and have just been sent the training schedule for 2009/10 which starts next week 21st september. I have two questions really. The first is that there are no times and as I have never been to any of these lectures before then I am unsure what time they all start. I'm probably looking at going to North Walsham or Hellesdon ones so anyone else who is attending I hope could point me in the right direction. Also my concern is that I as yet haven't finished my induction course and wondered if I am still allowed to attend or do I have to wait until after t…

    • 2 replies
    • 566 views
  5. Liz0703
    Started by Liz0703,

    Hi, would like some advice. I am currently in my second year of a degree in criminal justice and I am community volunteer in my local police station (GMP). I would love to join the specials and have sent off for the application form. I am a single parent with two children aged 8 and 5. Would it be do-able for me to be join the Specials, or would I struggle with the commitment and training involved, with the work/home balance?? Any hints and tips would be greatly appreciated. Liz.

    • 11 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. wicker001
    Started by wicker001,

    So, i was wondering... ive been a serving special constable for the last 2 years or so, and i absolutely love it, hence why i am now at the fitness stage for the regs. I was thinking, why did you guys want to join the specials? Did you ever have any intentions of taking it further into the regs? For me, i had no intention of taking it further initially, yet attended an RTC which changed my perception and i made up my mind there and then. My story - we were out on routine patrol, when right in front of us, roughly 100 metres, an X5 BMW skipped a set of lights and broadsided an old M reg 3 series BMW. Anyways, as we were stopping and calling for assistance, the woman…

    • 2 replies
    • 703 views
  7. Isobel1407
    Started by Isobel1407,

    It takes a special kind of person to be a Special Constable. Check out this video and see if you have the thinking Hertfordshire Constabulary need. Isobel On behalf of Hertfordshire Constabulary Special Constables

    • 0 replies
    • 706 views
  8. FBI1546620551
    Started by FBI1546620551 * ,

    hi i am just filling in the special cosntable application form and i am stuck on the part were it asks you why you want to join the force and what skills and abilities you bring to the force. i have filled it in (below) but i need some pointers in order to get maximum marks for my application so that it gets accepted please help!!!! I have always been interest in the police at a very young age when watching television shows such as the bill. Throughout the years my dream grew into an actual career aspect as it became clear to me that i have what it takes to be a member of the police force in any single way. I was further encouraged by my family to join the police force …

    • 4 replies
    • 988 views
    jp2uk1546620308
  9. Lee.S1546620511
    Started by Lee.S1546620511,

    Hello, I have a final Interview with GMP in 2 weeks time, and there are a lot of people being told that applications are being halted until April 2010, if I pass my final interview and I am told that Im being haulted until Summer 2010, am I able to apply to Become a Special Constable? Regards, Lee

    • 3 replies
    • 885 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  10. alfie25
    Started by alfie25,

    Hi all. Is it possible to have a application for a special aswell as regulars at the same time, but to a different force?

    • 1 reply
    • 896 views
    jp2uk1546620308
  11. FBI1546620551
    Started by FBI1546620551 * ,

    when you fill in the work eference part as to which employer ill provide the your referencce do the police force contact them for the reference or you have tell your employer to send the reference to the police force by post or email

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  12. FBI1546620551
    Started by FBI1546620551 * ,

    i just wanted to knw on the main page of the special constable application were you fill in your name and the operation command unit you wish to work for there is a ref part on top of the name , i just wanted to know what you put ther or you just leaveit blank

    • 0 replies
    • 421 views
    FBI1546620551 *
  13. FBI1546620551
    Started by FBI1546620551 * ,

    i recently had 3 points put on my licence and i had to send the fine via post to the west bromich magistarated court do i include this information in the application form under convictions

    • 2 replies
    • 546 views
  14. shaunus891546081104
    Started by shaunus891546081104,

    Hi my names shaun Im a former special constable who served with the essex police force earlier this year. I need some helo regarding a new aplication to the met. Before my training finished i got into a spot of bother at my former place of work. I was wrongfully accused of theift and branded a liar and chaet by the manager (who had a grudge against me i might add). He reported me to the IPCC and i was forced to resign from the job that was going to get my career off. When i was forced to resign by a IPCC rep and my seargent, i was told that i would have to wait for 2 years before i could re-apply. What was not made clear was weather or not this was just a 2 year bloc…

    jp2uk1546620308
  15. TRUCKER1546620551
    Started by TRUCKER1546620551,

    Hi all, new to this site and a total virgin at it so far, however is there anyone else registered on here got thier day 2 for the specials either on the same day as me or coming up soon? If so would love to here from you come over and say allo!

    • 0 replies
    • 459 views
    TRUCKER1546620551

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.