Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Matt23Norwich1546620522
    Started by Matt23Norwich1546620522 * ,

    Hi all, Firstly I apologise if this area has been covered several times, I am in a real rush at the minute! I have my Police Initial Recruitment Test on Wednesday 8th July at 1900hrs at Wymondham, firstly just wanted to ask, is there any good practice booklets I can use or find online? If anyone has any links, it would be very helpfull. Anyone who has taken these, how hard did you find them? Next, the interviews, does anyone know the questions that are asked during the interview? If yes then do they ask 2 - 3 question per topic? If anyone has done this, did you find the interview difficult? I am guessing the Special's interview is allot more laid back than the inter…

    • 2 replies
    • 475 views
  2. Pearlsie

    Hi. I havent been in the position to plan an 'event' at work and am wondering what sort of things would constitue for an event at home. Seems a bit vague to me. Thanks for your help.

    • 4 replies
    • 1.9k views
    Jaydee1546620346
  3. TommyH
    Started by TommyH * ,

    I am interested to know whether active special constables receive a transferable level of security vetting such as SC; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classified_in..._Check_.28SC.29 as this is a useful thing to have generally. I read that all officers in the armed forces are required to be SC cleared, which I am inferring as meaning that lower ranks and police officers are not "required" to have it. Can anyone confirm one way of another? Thanks, Tom

    specialteacher1546081026
  4. ChloeEmma
    Started by ChloeEmma,

    Hi all, Wondering whether some of you specials could give me some information about the interview stage, i have my interview next wednesday and i am beginning to get a little nervous, if you could answer some of my questions that would be wonderful; * Is the interview very hard and could you tell me some of the questions you get asked? * Do you have to talk about certain situations you have delt with in the past? * How many of the 5 competencies do you get asked about? * Once you have completed the interview do you have to have a drugs test before starting? I have applied for the sussex police force and hopefully going to be working in chichester, if anyone could …

    specialteacher1546081026
  5. jlong951
    Started by jlong951,

    Hello, Im going to apply to North Yorkshire Police as a Special, as they are recruiting till the end of this year (brilliant timing for me!). Firstly, is anyone here currently applying or serving as a SC in NYP? I just wanted some clarification on actually applying - On NYP's website it doesnt tell you how to apply anywhere on the website. However I have found an application form on the Policecouldyou website which it says to use to pass your details onto your force and they will then send the application forms out to you. Just wanted to make sure this is what I should be doing before I send it off. Lastly, does anyone know about the framework for the interview I will …

  6. ChloeEmma
    Started by ChloeEmma,

    Hey does any one know what the pass mark is for sussex specials?? thanks muchly

    • 0 replies
    • 467 views
  7. Mentac1
    Started by Mentac1,

    Does anyone else have their fitness test at 10am on Friday?

    • 1 reply
    • 812 views
  8. amberzak
    Started by amberzak,

    Okay. This sounds really weird, but... I recieved the application form, and it asks for details about my family. Me and my mum have a, erm, colourful relationship. We differ on our moral outlook on life - hence why I am applying to be a special, and she is dead against it. Anyway, we don't talk much, but I phoned her today to get the information, such as step dads birthday and her address. She got all funny. She asked me to lie and say we don't talk at all, so I wouldn't have to put down address and who she's married to etc. I think this is just because she has a lot of really bad debts, and she moves to avoid them. What should I do about this? Should I ask the recru…

    • 3 replies
    • 689 views
  9. jdolan1546081130
    Started by jdolan1546081130,

    Hey Fellas, I'm made up. Just got my PIRT invite through. At the moment, they don't have an exact date yet, which works in my favour really as it should give me a bit of time to revise / get fit. I'm a pretty slim guy, this means i'm a fairly fast runner / cyclist but my upper body strength is poor. I'm about to join a gym again, looking to build up some upper body strength and put on some weight. So two questions, firstly, what kind of food do you think I should be eating to healthily put on weight and secondly, what kind of routines have helped you gain upper body strength aside from solely using free weights. Cheers in advance! Jord

    • 3 replies
    • 834 views
    female_blackbelt *
  10. Edgar0517
    Started by Edgar0517,

    hi all, F bcu specials have all been issued with personal issue radios, just wondering if this is just our bcu or all. Plus are there any good tips on the new sets, i got mine and the same day managed to lock the terminal

  11. fr33man
    Started by fr33man * ,

    Hi all, I have my medical coming up for the specials in Lancashire, and was wondering if anyone can fill me in regarding what happens, what i'll need to take with me etc. Also even though I have passed my eye sight test at my opticians I am worried as I only just got through by the skin of my teeth! I was wondering if they will be very strict when testing this again in my medical? Any help will be appreciated!

  12. GMan1546081127
    Started by GMan1546081127,

    I've read lots of posts and searched but couldnt find somethings. Firstly, I should get my PIRT results tomorrow! So nervous! Basically, I've started revising and making answers for different questions, diversity an others, so I know what I'm talking about in the interview, even though I don't know if I've passed the PIRT yet, I'm best off starting to revise, don't you think? My question is, you have 5 minutes a question, say if your answer is only about 3 minutes long, but you've included what they want to hear, what happens then, do they move onto a new question, talk to you about your answer to get more information out of you? :)

    • 3 replies
    • 743 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  13. kay1546620495
    Started by kay1546620495 * ,

    Hey ya'al out there, does anyone know what happens in a fittness test...have one coming up soon and gat no clue.....

  14. brownylfc
    Started by brownylfc,

    I've just recently applied for the specials in merseyside. Just want some advice on the application process, the training and basic day to day life in the specials. Thanks Matt

    • 4 replies
    • 877 views
  15. toola
    Started by toola,

    Just been accepted to Assessment Day 2 at Hendon! Fantastic. Now have another million forms to fill in again. And have to choose my 6 favorite Boroughs. Well I live in Hampshire so was thinking ones nearest to me of course. Am I right in thinking this way? Like Hillingdon, Hounslow, Kingston. How can I find out the working hours for these? Any help asap would be greatly appreciated.

    • 0 replies
    • 426 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.