Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. ag309
    Started by ag309,

    Hi, Im a student at exeter university normally living in London. I thought that id apply to the specials here to get some experience before applying as a full time officer in London after graduation. Unfortunately I failed in November for Devon and cornwall Police Specials. Do I have to wait the full 6 months before applying to the met? as on their application form it only asks whether you have had an application for the Met in the past 6 months... Cheers

  2. aceface1546620486
    Started by aceface1546620486,

    Hi all, Recently applied to the Met as a special via the online application and was wondering if anyone in the job might know how long I might be waiting? . . . checking for an email daily and wondering if ill ever hear! Thanks

    • 20 replies
    • 4.9k views
  3. GregDickman
    Started by GregDickman * ,

    Hello all, I'm seeking some advice with respect to the new Special Constabulary selection process. I believe that the alteration is national and so some people may be in a similar situation as too myself. I applied in November to become a Special, my application form was successful and I received a potential PIR test date. However I have since received a letter informing me that my application has now been deferred until mid February due to the new process. The letter also states that the new selection process will consist of the following; - Competency based questions. - Situational judgement tests. - Written exercises. - Interview. - Fitness test. - Medical s…

    • 0 replies
    • 784 views
  4. pedduke
    Started by pedduke,

    hey guys just wondering if anyone can help i am currently learning to drive (finally at the ripe old age of 24) so cant apply for the force because i do not hold a full driving licence but would like to become a special constable in the mean time. im not bothered about pay just now i just want to do the job (without sounding clic'hed "serve the community") just wondering if as serving as an s.c. could i apply to become an officer.i am in the strathclyde area. any help would be great thnks Pete

    • 15 replies
    • 4.6k views
  5. Mish23
    Started by Mish23,

    Hey! Just wondering if there is anybody from Derbyshire who took the PIRT on the 8th of December? If so have you been given any dates for interview yet? I passed but am yet to hear any dates so getting a bit worried!

    • 2 replies
    • 712 views
  6. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi All Got my results today for the assessment I took on the 3rd December and I have passed ( so chuffed) Cannot believe it considering when I left the assessment I was convinced I had failed. Now I can sit back and wait for my fitness and medical whilst enjoying christmas. Merry Christmas Everyone.

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
    jenhen1546620064
  7. colouredrush
    Started by colouredrush,

    hello i received a letter today to say i have been successful and i am due to attend the aptitude test on the 7th of January for gloucestershire police. Is anyone else doing it then? what can i expect? has anyone got any tips im so excited but nervous. Thanks in advance.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. Harrison22
    Started by Harrison22,

    So I had my interview today for the Northumbria Police. I think it went fairly... well? The panel might've thought otherwise despite answering the questions to the best of my ability. Has anybody else recently been through the interview stage? Richard

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. Guest Hightower
    Started by Guest Hightower,

    With the reduction in regular officer numbers and budgets etc I have noticed that nearly every force in the country is rapidly taking on more special constables. I know that my force is looking for another 300 by next year. Specials do some really good work and can see alot of forces becoming over reliant on special constabularies nationwide. My force are piloting a scheme where specials are working in the countryside, and soon to be working on distraction burglary squads, economic crime units, and other specialist roles which is an interesting idea. I can see minimum hours and training requirements being increased etc, and have even heard a rumour that some forces ha…

    • 1 reply
    • 789 views
  10. jamieb1210
    Started by jamieb1210 * ,

    I am a special constable and i am looking to join the regs, i know that in the day my dad was abit of a lad and he has a criminal record. does anyone think this will syop me at vetting?? cheers

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi All Like the title says just got back from my A/C and boy do I feel I have really messed up dont think the interview or the written test went well at all. I believe I have failed already is this a normal feeling?. How did everyone else feel who done who took theirs today?.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.2k views
    Teddy Bing Bong
  12. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Hi all, just wondering what it is like for a special in the WYP, as i'am thinking of applying once i have started my new job. I live in Earlsheaton so i'am assuming i would work in wakefield or Dewsbury. So anyone who works in those stations, your comments or expierences would be greatly apprecieted.

    • 0 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi If anyone who has recently had an interview for hampshire could you tell us a little about it (well what you can). On the 3rd December I have my assessment and im just preparing everything and revising loads for the day the only thing im not clear bout is how the interview goes. I.E do they ask you one question for every competency or do they just pick a few competencies for the interview. Anyway if some one can give me and others who are attending on the 3rd any pointers that would be great. Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 861 views
  14. terrye
    Started by terrye,

    Hi I'm in the recruitment process with Sussex for the regs; i'm waiting for my fitness test at the moment and expecting to be waiting for at least another year before I start at uni. I am thinking of applying for the specials to get a bit of experience under my belt prior to uni. So I have a couple of questions, can anyone tell me what the recruitment for specials involves and how long does it take? I also wonder if they would accept an application from me, as I am so for along the recruitment process for the regs. This could be a waste of money for them training me, and then getting a start date for uni and dropping out. Could it hinder my chances for appointment for th…

    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
  15. dazzer34
    Started by dazzer34,

    Hi Ive got a date for the assessment centre for hampshire on the 3rd December what I would like to know do you get any info packs before the assessment?. The assessment consists of Pirt / Written Tests then a competency interview. Many thanks in advance for any info you can give me. Mnay Thanks Darren

    • 1 reply
    • 573 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.