Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. jones87
    Started by jones87,

    i have recently applied to the specials and have been given my date for testing (6th Aug) im excited but really nervous. has anyone got any tips on how to prepare and what to expect. are the tests hard to pass? thanks L

    • 7 replies
    • 1.5k views
    jp2uk1546620308
  2. sakurachu
    Started by sakurachu,

    Hi I start training to become a special constable on the 12th September. I just wondered if there is anything that people would recommend reading before I start the training to prepare myself. I also want to say thanks for the support I got from everyone here for giving me advice on how to gain weight to get into the specials. It worked! Thanks

    • 0 replies
    • 460 views
  3. jdolan1546081130
    Started by jdolan1546081130,

    Having now passed the PIRT, i'm going onto the Interview stage of selection and was wondering what level of officer normally attends the interview. Is there always a specific rank and format of officer attendance or could it be quite random dependent on the station policy? I'm asking because it would be nice to go into the interview knowing a little bit about who i'm talking to.

    • 1 reply
    • 656 views
  4. l_anne
    Started by l_anne,

    Hi all, If all goes well with my vetting I should be starting my training at Hendon to be a Met Police Special Constable around October/November. I was just wondering, does anyone know, at what point would I be getting the warrant card (and be eligible for the free travel?) Would this be right at the end of the training or possibly sooner? Many thanks, L.

    • 3 replies
    • 2.8k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  5. jones87
    Started by jones87,

    I have my PIRT on Thursday, so nervous and excited. I am struggling with the verbal logical reasoning test, has anyone got any tips or know of any websites where i can practise them. thanks

    • 7 replies
    • 5.6k views
  6. brownylfc
    Started by brownylfc,

    Ive just got a letter saying that I have pass my PIRTs and that I have got my interview on the 3rd sept. Was wondering what type of questions they are likely to ask during the interview? Thanks Matt

    • 3 replies
    • 878 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  7. midnightblue
    Started by midnightblue,

    Hiya I've been seriously considering becoming a SC in London. However I have my concerns with regards to the training. As I understood, Regular PO's receive an extensive 7,5 months mon-fri full time training before they are even allowed out. On the other hand SC's get something like 17 days. So thats like 10 times less. Which means that no matter how intensive that course is, it cannot cover everything and they will be missing out on a lot. So if SC's are meant to be 'police officers with full powers', how can they perform their duties with so little training? The information on this is very very scarce, this is why Im asking on here, as I am worried. One area of sp…

    • 4 replies
    • 858 views
  8. KM141
    Started by KM141,

    HI Thinking of applying to be a special, but am currently a member of a trade union related specifically to my day job. Would I have to give up membership of the trade union if my application was accepted as do regular police officers?? cheers.

    • 2 replies
    • 626 views
  9. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    Something i have been wondering. I have just been accepted into Hampshire as a special and i am hoping regular officers will treat us specials the same as other collegues. Are the specials looked upon as 'wannabes' or lower class officers? Many regulars i have spoken to have said they would not do it for free but they do love the job so maybe its a mixed opinion? Some experiences you may have had would be great. Either way it wont effect me as a special but its just something that has crossed my mind. Cheers, Daryl

    • 42 replies
    • 9.7k views
  10. BoyInBlue1546081143
    Started by BoyInBlue1546081143,

    Hi All, On the south wales police website they say "We are always looking for specials". Now i have just sent my applicaiton off so how long would it take to here from them. I am just rather excited expecting it to be a few weeks mind. BiB

    • 2 replies
    • 557 views
  11. Kingie
    Started by Kingie,

    Just went on the website to get the contact number as i looked a ew days ag oand all the information was still up there and it looked as though they were still recuirting, but i went back on there today and it says there not anymore! I have just failed my assessment centre with sussex by like 2% =[ and was really looking forward to applying for the specials, to keep my hope alive o joining sussex police, but this has come as more bad news! Any idea when its going to re open? Thanks

    • 2 replies
    • 1k views
    aceface1546620486
  12. Arryace
    Started by Arryace,

    i recently went along to an informal presentation for those wanting to become a SC and have decided to submit an application i havent had chance to start completing the application for but have flicked through it and have a couple of questions. i have a juveniel conviction or had i should say, i dont know what it was or the exact date what should i put on the app form? i also got points for something 12 years ago (i hit a pedestrian on a zebra crossing) no injury involved but i cant remember the exact offence either. again what should i put?

    • 1 reply
    • 490 views
  13. ex-user
    Started by ex-user,

    So I had my interview last Thursday, I feel it went pretty well, The 2 people were very friendly and helped me relax into the whole process, they asked me 4 questions about the competencies and I feel I answered all of them well. They said at the end of the interview that I would hear something in 7 to 10 days, and I’ve been hoping all week it would be 7 as tomorrow I go on holiday for 2 weeks. Alas the post man has just come and I pretty much yanked his hand through the letter box to see what he had for me. But it was not the envelope I have been so eagerly anticipating So for me that means a painfully long 2 week wait while I sun myself up next to a pool in the Do…

    • 7 replies
    • 990 views
  14. nozza1546620103
    Started by nozza1546620103,

    Hey, well a lot has changed and im off to uni in September for a law degree, and planning to join NWP as a SC. Im employed by a security company ATM, as a Safety Steward, think ill give recruitment a call in a few weeks and see what their stance on that is. Any SC from NWP on here? :)

    • 2 replies
    • 616 views
    nozza1546620103
  15. iceweasle
    Started by iceweasle,

    Posted for my brother whos joined the Essex Specials and been given a first day of 20th September 09, anyone else here an Essex Special or starting on this date as i know he has some questions, Jay

    • 0 replies
    • 428 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.