Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
hi What are the chances of being turned away from the special constabulary seeing as your applying to do the job for free !
-
Hello people, ok i have a confusion. I want to apply as a Special in Sussex but think i have a caution from some stupid incident that involved stealing a plant from a hotel when drunk. This was about 10 or 11 years ago. When i went into Hastings police station an officer on the front desk said it should not be a problem, however i should fill in a form to find out exactly what i was given. When i phoned up the recruitment line they told me that if i had a caution then i wouldn't be able to apply to be a Special or a PC. Basically i'd like to know if i was given a caution have i b***ered it up for myself? Cheers.
-
Hey guys, I'm looking to join the specials at A&S but I'm struggling on one of the questions. It's titled 'Individual Achievements.' I'm not sure how to interpret this one. What sort of things should I put into this? Cheers!
-
On the application form there is a section saying "Reasons for joining the police" I'm not really sure what to write so i just babbled on with this example - I want to sere the local community and make a difference to the area I live in. In living and working in the area I understand what the community wants and needs. I want to help reduce crime and protect the community from becoming victims of crime. I believe in fairness and equality for all and am of the highest of character. I am punctual hard working and quick to learn new tasks. I have attended college where I did a diploma course in public services which has focused me on joining the police and is the cata…
-
Hi people , hope your all ok. I'm not a serving officer or anything to do with the Police but I was recommended to come and check this site out because I am really really interested in joining either norpol or durpol Specials, not just yet maybe next year or the year after as i'm not really in any sort of hurry and would rather get more life experience first. If anyone has experience of being a Special in either of these forces I would greatly appreciate hearing from you. Anyway for now.
-
Greetings - a short introduction. I'm from Ohio across the pond in the US where I serve as an auxiliary police officer. It's essentially the same as being a special - we're all volunteers and work with the regulars in much the same way as you fine folks do. My wife and I honeymooned in London five years ago and this year with airfare prices falling through the floor we've decided to return for our five year anniversary. I realize this is kind of an odd request, but does anybody think it might be possible to drop in and tour a station house while we're in town? I certainly don't want to impose, but I think it would be neat to visit and see the similarities and differe…
-
Good Morning ukpoliceonline.co.uk I've not posted on here for while (DaleC)but i'm back for good (like Take That sung in 'Back For Good') Anyway jokes aside and on to the purpose of my post, is anybody currently riding the Essex Special Constabulary recruitment process wave and if so how are you getting on? I'm just waiting for a date to re-take my interview hopefully at the start of 09. Hope everybody is well and having a great 2008 and good luck to everybody currently on the recruitment process. Thanks Dalec
-
Hi im just trying to find out what do you have to do for the written test iv put in to join kent?
-
-
Hi there, just wonderin if anybody has had or is due to have their assessment for Lancashire Specials and what they thought of it...
-
Hi I am just about to apply for Merseyside Specials. On the application eligibility criteria it states the following... In order for meaningful vetting to be undertaken an applicant must have resided in the UK for at least three years immediately prior to submitting an application. I have just arrived back in England after spending the last 10 and a half months travelling around Australia, where I had a fixed address for the full time I spent there. So according to this statement I am unable to apply for another 3 years now. Surely something like what I have just done could only support your application as whilst I was there I got involved in all sorts of voluntary and…
-
Hi there, I have just passed my interview for Merseyside Police Special Constabulary. I was wondering if there is anybody else on the forum who had just also passed and will be joining soon. If so, drop us a message or a reply, would be good to hear from you...
-
- 2 replies
- 1.5k views
- 1 follower
-
-
I work for a Housing company on CCTV and wondered if I would be allowed to become a special? The reason I as is because it states no private security company employees, but I work in the housing department and not a security firm...... So am I allow of is it a restricted occupation?????
-
Hi there - Having not spotted any recent posts from any intending Gloucestershire Special Constabulary applicants, I wondered if there were any out there. I applied last week and I understand training is due to start in May. I'm told the process involves: a papersift, the PIRT (police initial recruitment test), a competancy-based interview, a medical, a fitness test and security clearance (in roughly that order). So has anyone else applied?
-
Hi there, I have a few questions that some of you may be able to answer. First of all i have just applied for a position as special constable for nottinghamshire. But i am quite worried about things in my past. First of all i was cautioned for a driving offence in 2000 i disclosed this on my application form but i have just been told that they would like me to attend the PIRT later this month. So does this mean that the driving offence will be forgotten and not mentioned or go against me? Also in 2003 I was on disability living allowence for around a year whilst the hospital was investigating a heart problem, which just turned out to be a bit of anxiety after i found o…