Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Hyde
    Started by Hyde,

    I am currently 17, 18 in november this year. I am hoping to apply for my local Wiltshire police force as soon as possible. today, i rejoined the gym in order to improve my fitness and build more muscle. 1. What shall i be doing in terms of muscle groups, what machines to use etc, in order to give me a better chance in the fitness test (should i make it) 2. The bleep test required level is 5.4.. i tried this the other day and exceeded the target. Do they look upon you in a better light if you continue with the test beyond the requirements, or do they terminate the test as soon as 5.4 is reached? thanks in advance, Shaun

    • 5 replies
    • 1.1k views
    specialteacher1546081026
  2. GMan1546081127
    Started by GMan1546081127,

    Hi, and thanks for reading. I have applied for the Merseyside Special Constabulary (got my assessment centre tomorrow)! I asked a serving Police Officer will they check college attendence records for absenses and he said they shouldn't. I've been working part time for a year now and have had no absences from work, but in college I had a few dentist appointments (does this count as an absence)? I wouldn't think so... Also, in college I had quite a few unauthorised absences because tutors didn't put in that I didn't have to be in, because I had finished all my work, do you think they will want college records or just records from me working this past year? Thanks guys.

    • 7 replies
    • 938 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  3. Cobretti
    Started by Cobretti,

    Hi to everyone!!! I`m new in this forum guys and I would love to have some help I`m a foreign from the UE, I`ve arrived 2 years ago and I know I have to be here a year more to have the possibility of send an PC application and I`m looking forward so badly. One of the question I`m wondering is that I believe that they ask you to give references for the last 5 years (please, correct me if I`m wrong) and I don`t know wheter I should ask for the las 2 years references in the country I came from or in this case with my 3 years UK references would be enough? The other question I`ve got is wheter have a diploma/certificate of criminology would help me in anyway after the ap…

    • 0 replies
    • 391 views
  4. hectorthepolicedog
    Started by hectorthepolicedog,

    Are UK Police officers able to buy their own Body Armor or do they have to wear standered issue stab vests? If so, what do you choose, or if not, are you happy with standered kit?

    • 38 replies
    • 5.3k views
  5. Karldavies108
    Started by Karldavies108,

    Hi Iam new here...But just needed to tell someone this passed the initial papershift. I no its not much but Iam rather pleased Now for my assessment on 7th of may.

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  6. Iain897
    Started by Iain897,

    Hi Had my interview last night for the specials in Norfolk. I was sucessful and schelduled to start training 8th August. Anyone else gonna be on the same course as me or any advice on what training consists of? Iain

    • 0 replies
    • 383 views
  7. scottish police
    Started by scottish police * ,

    Hi. I intend to join Strathyclyde police's regular constabulary, However i have recently declared myself as bancrupt and understand that Strathyclyde police will not accept any application from myself until three years after bancruptsy has been dischaged. Can anyone advise me if this is the same policy with the special constabulary @ strathclyde or any other scottish police force for that matter. I would appreciate any help or information that anyone can give me

    scottish police *
  8. denimboy
    Started by denimboy,

    Can anyone tell me training requirments for the specials. Do you train on the weekends consecutivly until complete ( I have appiled for GMP)

    mevans1546620498
  9. Uncle Dougs
    Started by Uncle Dougs * ,

    Hi All, Im looking for hints and tips on the interview process. I am hoping to get a letter out in the near future from Strathclyde Police. Can anyone give me assistance.

  10. Daniel011546620491
    Started by Daniel011546620491,

    Hello Everyone, Im looking for a bit of help from any serving Specials or anyone who might be able to help me with my question. Im going to be applying to Hampshire Specials very soon and am a little worried about the sickness record section. Firstly is that section about how many occasions you have had off and how many days in total in the last 3 years the same as what the regulars form would be? Secondly can you add an accompanying letter with the initial application form with a more detailed reason for any absence in the last 3 years or arrange to meet with someone from the recuirtment team to discuss what i belive to be a unique reason for my poor attendance in 200…

    • 3 replies
    • 718 views
    specialteacher1546081026
  11. matt5678
    Started by matt5678,

    Does anybody know whether applying for the specials means that you cannot also apply for the regular Police Service? Thanks in advance. Matt

  12. G07122

    I have applied to be a special constable in the Staffordshire police and have been invited to sit the initial recruitment test on the 16th May. What score do you have to get to pass the exam and is there any practice questions available. Also what is the dress code for the day, I do not think that there will be an interview but is it a good idea to go in a suit.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  13. Loubee
    Started by Loubee,

    Hi all, Just wondering if anyone else will be attending the assessment day for TVP on Saturday 9th May in Sulhamstead? The days are counting down and the nerves are kicking in! L

  14. speshall
    Started by speshall,

    Hi all, I'm just about to apply to the Special's in my area. A few years ago I attempted to join the regulars in the Devon and Cornwall area, (a different force to the one I am applying to now). I actually got quite far in and after a number of correspondences I was asked to an interview. The interviewer concentrated heavily on my financial situation which admittedly was never brilliant, and was obviously an issue for this force. One of the questions that she asked was, "have I ever received a loan", and to the best of my knowledge it was "no". When I answered it was evident that she was confused and asked if I was sure... and I hesitated because of it, but answered…

    • 5 replies
    • 716 views
    sykes1545925530
  15. Aurelius
    Started by Aurelius,

    hi all i have a bit of a problem which i cant seem to resolve. i have been accepted into essex SC and its getting to the point of training. my job is in the retail sector so ive worked weekends for the last 18 months, now my training has come up my employer is refusing me this time off work to do my training. is there anything i can do (other than look for a new job)

    • 15 replies
    • 1.4k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.