Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. 5581daniel
    Started by 5581daniel,

    Well finally I have acheived part of my dream have become a Police Officer. Not quite the regulars I was hoping for, but still it's a foot in the door and a chance for me to show myself and what I can do! I'm really looking for this chance and can't wait to get the training out of the way! Anyone else had the good news recently????

  2. lanab
    Started by lanab,

    hey just wondered how many of you started off as a special and are now regular police officers.? did u find it harder to get in from being a special? i;ve heard mixed views on this matter and as my ultimate goal is to become a regular one day from being a special i just wondered what everyone thought on this matter many thanks

  3. newbie23
    Started by newbie23 * ,

    Hi there, im from scotland and was recently successful in gaining a place with the specials. I had initially applied to join the regulars and got through the whole application process, however in my final interview it was decided i didnt have enough experience, so was given a place on the specials. I start my training on the 17th of this month, and i am very excited, however can anyone tell me where to get some good shoes??? when i went for my uniform fit i was told it was best to get ones with stitching across the toe as it would be easier for bulling, but i cant find these shoes anywhere! any help and stories from serving specials, especially from scotland would be m…

    • 6 replies
    • 2.3k views
  4. lana79
    Started by lana79 * ,

    hello i have just recently passed my fitness test and therefore waiting for my interview date. i am after a bit of advice , is there anything i can do to prepare myself for the interview? what kind of questions are asked? many thanks

    • 8 replies
    • 2.6k views
  5. davidcage
    Started by davidcage * ,

    I am about to apply for the specials with the Met, but I would appreciate a bit of honesty. I have spoken to some active specials and I have read some stuff on the policespecials.com site. They all tell you that being a special is fine and that specials are well respected. It all seems like the party line really. Other people don't tell the same story. I have recently spoken to 2 regular PCs who have told me that the specials are not respected by normal PCs and that I probably shouldn't bother as there is still a lot of bad blood between PCs and SCs. I would like to get some honest views from people. If the answer is that I should walk away and not join the specials the…

  6. spowell1546620087
    Started by spowell1546620087,

    Hi, I am in the middle of completing an application form for Greater Manchester Specials. I have come a across a hugh hurdle. I have only ever worked in a supermarket a coupls of public houses and the business travel agents at which i am now working. I am really stuck on the question relating to respect for race and diversity. As little background i live in an area where the race diversity does not exist. I have no dealing with the general public in my current job since my employment at the public house ceased. Within my current employment there is no diversity everybody i work with is white and pretty much the same age (we have no disabled staff) I am really s…

    spowell1546620087
  7. JenGB
    Started by JenGB,

    Hi, I am thinking of joining the Specials to get some experience until Staffs start recruiting again. Do you dictate what hours you work or do you get put on some sort of rota? Also, is it a good idea to join the Specials for experience, do people usually go onto gjoining the regulars and does it better your chances of getting in?

    • 4 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. lanab
    Started by lanab,

    hello i only have 2 1/2 weeks left of training to go!! getting excited now but just a tad nervous!! what did everyone do on their first shift?! any in sight would be great! thanks lana

    • 2 replies
    • 1.3k views
  9. london-fem
    Started by london-fem,

    :smiley_vomit: i think i failed,i had it yesterday and i think it went so bad,i could of done better but i just know i failed,am not even looking forward to finding out in 2 to 3 weeks if i passed because i know i failed lol......i was so nervous and they could tell.oh well i guess next time i know what to expect,role play was so bad,first one i had no idea what i was talking about,i had nothing much to say,second one was ok but still bad Anyway thats how my day went and am not happy but am not expecting to pass!

    • 4 replies
    • 1.3k views
  10. Maximus1546081008
    Started by Maximus1546081008,

    Hi all, I would first like to point out that I am not digging for answers or what to write. I am just confused as to what this particular question is trying to get in response. the question is "What are your expectations of police work?" Does this mean... 1. What type of jobs do I expect to be doing? 2. What do I expect to be getting out of joining the police? Its probably me being a bit dumb, but if someone can quickly clarify this for me then that would be of most help. Again I am not looking for what to write, or how to best answer, by replying with a 1, or 2 would be helpful. Thank you all

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
    Maximus1546081008
  11. Tom Sawyer
    Started by Tom Sawyer,

    After a few recent incidents with the Special Constabualry locally one of our Inspectors has suggested that the Specials are stripped of their police powers and be only allowed to have the same powers as a normal citizen or at maximum a PCSO. With things moving ever more towards hi - viz NPT duties for the specials any way would this be a sensible move. The force would save over £100,000 on training and PPE. A survey of use of force forms show no special has used the baton or spray in over 3 years in the city ( routine cuff use isn't recorded). Our specials are not allowed to be officers in the case for anything other than traffic tickets. I have mixed views i.e vehem…

  12. Darylrese
    Started by Darylrese,

    Hey guys just wondering if any of you lot were starting training for Hampshire specials in October? If so be nice to meet you! And have you heard anything yet? I know there are a few of us on here !!

    • 38 replies
    • 4.7k views
  13. vixy1504
    Started by vixy1504,

    Heya. Just a quick question. I know theres the 6month rule for applying to the regs, but does the same rule apply to the Specials? Im right on the borders of the Met and Surrey, and was wondering if I could apply to both or if I had to pick one. Thanks! Vikki x

    • 2 replies
    • 1.2k views
  14. mattb1
    Started by mattb1,

    i have decided to join the specials after not getting through on my pre assesment interview for the regulars, i have been told if i apply for the specials i can skip the papersift and so have decided to do that until i can reapply for the regulars. my question is what does the fitness tets include, is th exactly the same as regulars with the bleep test and push pull and if so are the required levels the same?

    • 8 replies
    • 1.9k views
  15. sammy25
    Started by sammy25,

    Hiya, I am new to this forum so hopefully am posting this in the right section! Well, i passed my final assessment/interview last Sat and am waiting for my training to start in Jan. It's a long wait isnt it! Does anyone have any tips/advice/ stories to share to prepare myself for the training and being on the "streets". Also any do's and dont's for this forum?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.