Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LondonStudent
    Started by LondonStudent,

    Greetings all, First of all I'd like to say thanks to all the officers as I appreciate the work you do. I'm somewhat disheartened about how people my age (mid-twenties) have no respect for the police and for no reason. They've just decided they don't like the police - until they need them, of course. I'm a student in London (yes, very imaginative name ) and I'm looking to join the metropolitan police in 2011 as a special constable? Just some questions if you'd spare some time to take a look! Thanks. 1. As a student what would happen if I wished to go home when I finish my year of study in June? Would I be able to go home and come back to work in September? 2. I don't …

    • 13 replies
    • 1k views
  2. Hawkins1546081247
    Started by Hawkins1546081247,

    Hello everyone, Ive recently submitted my application form to join as a special in Kingston Upon Thames. I have been wanting to do this for some time and i have just turned 18. Ive been reading up on it alot the last few weeks but there is still some things im unsure about that i think may stop me from getting in. My first question is, how well does my english have to be? I got a C in english GCSE (Decided to take foundation paper). Im not the best at spelling and im worrying a little that this is going to be a big problem for me getting in. Also i currently have no official job since i just left my full time education because they put me on the wrong course and wouldn…

    • 6 replies
    • 884 views
  3. AaronC
    Started by AaronC,

    Hello everyone, I have been reading the forums for some time as I have thought for a while about joining the Kent Police. Reading the many discussions and posts helped make my mind up to apply as a special. I have passed the paperwork stage and security checks and have been invited to an assessment centre. Apparently I have a 35 minute competency based interview and a 30 minute written test. If anyone can advise firstly what these will contain and secondly on how best to prepare for them it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 931 views
  4. singlelayer
    Started by singlelayer,

    I've posted a topic in the Humberside specific forum, but as it's also recruitment related I've put the link in here too. Hope this is OK.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  5. RFSpecial92
    Started by RFSpecial92,

    Hi all. got email back from recruitment today saying that i had failed my vetting for hampshire special constabulary. which i am really p****d off about as i have been waiting since march to get in to the force properly as i have been a volunteer in 3 OCU since november last year. has this happened to anybody else and also am i able to apply again in 6 months for hampshire as there is nothing in the email that says i cant appeal or reapply David

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  6. TJ_Morgan
    Started by TJ_Morgan,

    Hi Everyone, I have just passed Dyfed Powys Police's paper shift to be a Special Constable, and am now awaiting a date for the Fitness Test and PIR Test at HQ. However I am worried about the PIR Test (Well that maybe an understatement) I was wondering if someone can help me with the following questions: 1. What is the pass mark for the PIR Test at Dyfed-Powys ? 2. How many questions do I have to get right within what time limit ? Thanks, TJ Morgan

    • 6 replies
    • 1.8k views
  7. Blue-Diamond07
    Started by Blue-Diamond07,

    Training finished Friday I loved it! Met some really great people! My first shift is on Sunday - Halloween which should be fun just wanted to say thank you to everyone that helped me over the last year

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  8. spurs92
    Started by spurs92,

    hey there, i've been looking at this site for ages now and its been a fantastic source of information. ive just turned 18 (3 weeks ago) and im eager to become a special constable - and fulfill a lifelong ambition. however im currently in my second year of sixth form, with plans to go to univeristy next sept/oct. depending on my grades. so i was wondering if you think i should apply to the met now and go through the vetting etc and training (if im succesful) or wait untill this time next year and apply to the local force in which my uni will be in. is it possible to transfer an on going application? so could i do the vetting/interviews with the met then transfer to a…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 903 views
  9. LondonApplicant

    I have wanted to apply to be a special with the Met for a very long time, but I was bound over and fined £20 when I was 18. I am now 37, have had no negative contact with the police since and do alot of community cohesion work that I think would be very useful to the police if I could be a special. Im a graduate, have worked for a long time, am physically fit etc also. My problem is that the minor offence I think may technically be a public order or sexual offence (intent to insult any female). No-one in my family has ever committed any offence either. Would this preclude me from even getting an interview or being considered full stop? I thougth I would ask someone on h…

    • 4 replies
    • 834 views
  10. marshy

    Im abit worried im going to fail the vetting process even though i havent seen my 2 half brothers who are always in trouble with the police for thefts and fighting for about 10 years. I have told recruitment everything i know about them and have been as honest as i possibly can but im still worried I did apply to my local force but they have precluded me from applying in the future for the above reason. I have recently applied to another county as i hope that because there will be no conflict of interest in regards to them (as i'll be working in a different area), that they might be more likely to accept me. Has anyone been accepted as a special or regular constable ev…

    • 15 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. Rooney101
    Started by Rooney101 * ,

    Hi, I wanted to ask the fellow forumer is its a good idea to wear a suit to my Day 2 assessment. I wore a suit to my day one. By the way the assessment is in the hendon centre for the MET. Cheers Roo

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  12. PIPPIE12
    Started by PIPPIE12,

    I'm very happy to say I've passed my assessment! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, if anyone wants any advice then I'll only be too happy to help, that is providing anyone can see this, as I've posted things before and nobody seems to reply or post, quite odd considering this is all about learning about other peoples experiences. Good luck to you all!!

    • 2 replies
    • 638 views
  13. cathyped
    Started by cathyped,

    Hi I am currently applying to be a Special in Nottinghamshire. I have downloaded the application form, to which there are two questions:- a) Respect for race and diversity I am fine with this question (a) and have got an answer prepared, however question b) Planning and organising:- Please describe a specific example of a time when you have planned or organised a peice of work or event? My mind has hit a blank, can anybody explain to me which competency this covers? Thank you

    • 9 replies
    • 1.3k views
  14. john17
    Started by john17,

    Basically I weight 19 stone 4lbs which consists of muscle and I’m worried about the BMI test. I’ve been a dedicated weight lifter for the past 12 year’s I’m 6 foot 2 inches and weight 19 stone 4 lbs which gives me a BMI of 34.7. i have hardly any fat on me and I’m physically fit, what’s the chance of me being rejected because I’m over the limit?

    • 5 replies
    • 891 views
  15. smellywelly
    Started by smellywelly,

    Hi guys My names Jim I literally just joined the site.. this is my first post so here goes.. I'm really keen on joining the MDP, I'm aware they are not currently recruiting. I have tried emailing the recruiting address for some information (a few times for over a month now) but have had no replies (checked spam folders too). I would phone but I'm currently in Afghanistan as I'm in the Army. I'm just wondering if theres any active users that are either serving within MDP or have recently left, just for some general information and to answer some questions I have. Many thanks, kind regards, Jim.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.