Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Russki
    Started by Russki,

    I have just received that all important letter to say that I've passed my Assessment for Sussex Police! Im SO happy! :D I justed wanted to say thank you to everyone that takes the time to post on this Forum.... I honestly feel that the information i have read on here has really helped me to prepare... Thank you

    • 12 replies
    • 1.1k views
  2. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    I'm aware that my financial history will be checked but do they check other peoples who I live with aswell? Or is it just their criminal history?

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. SC James
    Started by SC James,

    In April 2009, I applied to TVP Regulars, and later passed the papersift. In March 2010, I passed the assessment centre. I was then sent medical/reference forms, which I Sent back. TVP wrote to me a little while ago, and have stated they have suspended all applications, due to needing to make major financial cutbacks in the Force. They have said that they will keep all applicants in their recruitment system until Jan 2012, before deciding whether to reject them or not. They also said the Chief Constable wants to avoid rejecting the sucesfull applicants such as me at all costs, but can't guarantee it. TVP also stated that the assessment centre mark remains valid for a…

    • 8 replies
    • 1.3k views
  4. vsimeo
    Started by vsimeo,

    If you a criminal record from 25 years ago but have had a clean record ever since can you still apply to become a Special Police officer

    • 4 replies
    • 805 views
  5. benny_boy
    Started by benny_boy,

    Hi all, First-time poster here so be gentle! Anyway, I applied to become a reg in West Mids back in February 2009, I won't bore you with the details but I passed the assessment centre back in August 09 and I'm still 'in the system' with no realistic dates for a medical or fitness test being given out I thought I'd take up the offer of joining the specials. I've got my fitness/medical on Monday, and was just wondering how long realistically it will take *if* I pass that stage? I'm presuming I won't have to have an interview, due to me passing the regs assessment centre. Do I have to have any background checks done as I know these were being processed by the regs a few…

    • 7 replies
    • 695 views
  6. lincoln1546620686
    Started by lincoln1546620686 * ,

    Hi Everyone, So i have finaly passed my application stage and have been invited to an interview with Lincolnshire Police Specials. I felt really confident, but now my interview date and vetting forms have arrived i feel really nervious. Does anyone know what goes into the interview so i can prepare myself the best i can??? Questions etc??? Thanks in advance.

    • 1 reply
    • 608 views
  7. rushton1
    Started by rushton1,

    Hello! I applied to be a special at the beginning of October, and recieved an email a few days after telling me they are upgrading their IT systems and they wont get back in contact with me unil the 15th November at the earliest. They got back to me on the 17th November asking me which training options i was interested in (saturday, sunday, full time, hybrid) I opted for the Saturday option as i have to travel around 195 miles to get to Hendon and it is easier to fit around my education, but according to this email the saturday course starts in December. How does this work when they are giving me option for training with courses starting in December and only 8 more …

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2k views
  8. Flunky Turtle
    Started by Flunky Turtle,

    Just a note to all MET specials and ongoing PC's, apparently Hendon is staying open? Just got my final confirmation for my specials training in two weeks and its entirely based in hendon! Not a problem for me but i thought it was being closed? Secondly I have had nothing in the letter to tell me if i need to buy boots etc etc, do i need these? when will i have a uniform fitting etc as well?

    • 5 replies
    • 985 views
  9. RemovedUser18-10-21
    Started by RemovedUser18-10-21,

    I run out of space when entering family members previous involvement with the police - you can all laugh now lol! Seriously though, my mum is a dodgy as Little Mo off Eastenders and My Brother has been in trouble with the Police once - he got a caution for theft which was way back. I'm going to start my application soon so by time I turn 18 I have all the information I need for my application form and vetting forms.

    • 9 replies
    • 1k views
  10. FoxtrotZero
    Started by FoxtrotZero,

    Just a quick note to wish everyone who had their Day 1 at Hendon today, the very best of luck. Hopefully we'll all make it through to Day 2 !! Also, thanks to everyone who has been supportive on here with advice!

    • 1 reply
    • 585 views
  11. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    I just wondered if anyone was heading for the semniars that Cheshire police are holding for Specials? There are on the 19th (2 of them) and the 30th Sept. I've got a place booked for the 19th, 2pm:)

    • 4 replies
    • 902 views
  12. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Hi there, i've recently passed the initial interview for teh special constables for strathclyde police. i have a credit card with about £2000 outstanding on it, and i pay about £25 to £100 a month to clear it off. Do you think this will be a problem in passing? Hope you can help :) Derek

    • 5 replies
    • 2k views
  13. Ash89rr
    Started by Ash89rr,

    Hi All. Can anyone give an example of what sort of level of vision is required unaided? Or prehaps any way of testing your eye sight to this standard before sitting the police medical? I use glasses for driving and watching tv, but can do both without any issues if not wearing glasses. I am just unsure of how good your eyesight has to be unaided. Many Thanks, Ash

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 974 views
  14. Emma-jane123
    Started by Emma-jane123,

    Hiya Everyone. Just to let evertone know I had my PIRT in Wakefield Yest at 9am.. Seen as tho I was Late 15min. I Hope it went really well and I tryed as hard as I could so Hopefully I will of Passed it. I just want to say a MASSIVE thankyou to everyone who gave me tip's and advice before hand. It really dose mean a lot. I'm not sure if I have got it because I was a little bit shakey when it came to the inteview and all the anwsers I wanted to give dint now come out. And I gave totally diffrent ones to the actual Application. And I was a bit mixed up about The written test at first I dint get it at all... Then when I finially did. It was like 10min of the test left... Ho…

    • 2 replies
    • 651 views
  15. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Right so as some of you may remember i have applied twice, now coming on my third time. I have just come back from traveling around OZ for 6 months, waiting to re apply. But as far as i know, no one is recruiting or will be any time soon, maybe one of you knows who will be and when? But i got a letter from linconshire police saying that they are taking in specials in FEB and because i have already passed there application to be a regular last time i can go straight to the interview stage. So should i try and do that? or when i apply for regs will they not want me if i have only been a special for a few months? Thanks in advance!! Craig

    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.