Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hello everyone, I am a French Citizen but have been living in the UK for a while now and I was wondering whether I would be able to join the Specials. I am currently a university student. I have been going to school in the Uk for about two years and I am more or less fluent with some things that still remain awkward. I was a Sergeant and Platoon Commander at my old School's CCF. I don't have any criminal record though I did enquire about purchasing a weapon and they asked for my name for some reason after I had been robbed. I am interested in Clay Pigeon Shooting and might apply for a licence for a shotgun at some point and I think that's about it. Is there anything amon…
-
hello, I've a question about recruitment, I'm a student currently in my first year of uni and I intend to try and apply to become a special in the beginning of my second year. however i am slightly worried that because my university is a long way from my home and I'll go home during the normal summer break. whether my application could be affected seeing so I would be effectively absent for a couple of months during the summer. Does anyone know if this could put me at a disadvantage or void my application completely? Thanks
-
Only three days to go now until my assessment :lol: . Have been revising from a PIRT guidance book, i hope the new regime is along similar lines. Anyone else out there going to be present on saturday? Or anyone recently started active duty as a special with TVP especially in the Banbury area?
-
HI Everyone, So i have failed my security vetting so i have appealed against the disision. I am attending a interview with 2 vetting officers and want to be prepared the best i can. Is there anything i sould take with me e.g character refs? Has anyone been throught this and come out on the good side? thanks in advance.
-
Hi, I have an assessment for the specials next week and wondered if anyone was aware of any websites (except policecouldyou.co.uk) that have examples of situational judgement tests? Just trying to swot up in time!! Cheers :-)
-
Hello all, I am currently looking at university courses ready to apply next year. I have come across one that offers a chance to join Thames Valley Police as a Special Constable. This sounds great to me as it is the perfect opportunity to work my dream job since I was 2 years old, while learning and obtaining a degree. It has always been my ambition to join Hertfordshire Constabulary as a regular police officer, so I was wondering how I could go about this? What happens when a Special wants to become a regular? And does the transfer of force change anything? If any one has an answer it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
-
Hi guy's i'm new here!! I have been working as a Horticultural machanic now for nearly 12 years, and i need to do something else! I'm really interested in joining the Specials, to give something back to the comunity, and also help against crime in our area etc. The job sounds fantastic as i have had long conversations with one of my Karate student's dad, My question is What is the Theory test like?? maths etc?? The fitnes side of it i'm not really worried about, Any help would be great Thanks P
-
Hi there, Just a really quick question which may not be able to be answered..... How many people don't make it through the paper sift? I have heard of people not making it through various other stages but has anyone ever heard of people failing at this stage? I am just waiting to hear so keep my fingers crossed, prepare for other stages and hope for the best!!! Cheers
-
Hello! I've been reading the forums for a while but this is my first post. I've submitted my application to become a special but have a worry about the eyesight, my eyesight isn't actually too bad and I've just started wearing glasses, I've gone into the opticians and got my prescription but the numbers on it look nothing like the requirements online, I understand the 6/12 is the meters but does anyone know if these would be ok... R sphere -1.25 cyl +0.50 axis 65 L sphere -1.00 cyl +0.25 axis 110 As I said my eyesight isn't that bad and I only really wear them when driving at night. Thanks in advance for any help! James
-
Hello I applied for the Met in February 2010 but i failed at the day 1 interview, was a bit gutted but i didnt let it get to me and i have now re-applyed and have another day 1 interview coming up in a couple of weeks, how ever they seem to have added the written test to the interview, just as they do for the regular recruitment, as this wasn't involved in the last interview, what is involved in the test? Any help would be very much appreciated! Dan
-
i posted it off 2nd of december and i havent heard anything. fought they get back to you with in a week. what do you think is going on? i dont wanna ring up and sound like im nagging? are they even in over christmas any way. for the specials by the way. west mercia police.
-
Just got a letter saying iv been invited to a medical as the last part of the recruitment process. . . only problem is its march next year? iv already been waiting a month, now i have to wait another 2 months! ohh the joy, the recruitment process is long!! and WMP recruitment are off today soo i can't confirm my date, soo may be waiting even longer. Anyways what does it entail? blood pressure checks, BMI, drugs test? anything else whould be great. Cheers Rich.
-
Hello, I'm a bit of a long-time reader and lurker, but this is one of my first posts, hi Anyway, I'm a short while into my application for Herts police, and I'm currently answering the question "Tell us the reasons why you want to become a Special Constable." I'm wondering whether I should detail the skills I possess that I would bring into the role that would make me a good Special Constable, as opposed to answering the question purely based on WHY I want to do the role and what I would hope to do. Ta for your help : ) x
-
Hi, i have been asked to an assessment day on the 8th jan 11 for TVP specials. has anyone gone through the new process since PIRT was removed? If so can anyone elaborate on the days stucture. And offer any advice? All help greatfully recieved as i'm a bit NERVOUS.......;-)
-
Hi All, I am looking to join the specials soon to be 18. I've got a quick question on the vetting. I know it is an unclear procedure where lots of things go on. I know they check you, your finance e.t.c. and also your family members. If one of your family members has a finance issue e.g. County court judgements does that affect me and my application? or would they just be looking at my finance and familys criminal record. Thanks in advance!