Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. crowman
    Started by crowman,

    Hi everyone. just a quick line to say i have passed my assessment for TVP . A nd to say a big thankyou to everyone who offered advice and support in preperation for the day. Anyone who is about to go through it GOOD LUCK. Ooooh im so chuffed

    • 1 reply
    • 367 views
  2. Samantha'sammie'Fisher
    Started by Samantha'sammie'Fisher,

    Hey So this is my first ever forum EVER!! hehe Im just about to start my application form for the specials. Really scared incase i write the wrong things! So if anyone has advice, please let me know

      • Like
    • 10 replies
    • 837 views
  3. RDS
    Started by RDS,

    Hi all, Im currently a special with Warwickshire Police but have only been in for about 2 months post training. With recruitment frozen for about 3 years im looking at getting myself out of my dead end job and going to university. I know I want to join the regulars afterwards and dont really want to quit the specials to go to uni. I am hoping to do both. Would it be possible to transfer from Warwickshire to a force local to the university I choose? Or would I have to reapply and go through the recruitment process again? One particular course I am considering is a Police Studies Course which allows students to apply to TVP as a special or PCSO. I was wondering if I wou…

    • 8 replies
    • 604 views
  4. Padz 1999
    Started by Padz 1999,

    Can anyone please give example answers for teamwork and diversity

      • Like
    • 25 replies
    • 1.8k views
  5. thall861546081250
    Started by thall861546081250,

    Hi all, I'm having my medical tomorrow (Derbyshire constabulary) and i'm a bit confused about the eyesight part (if there is one). I wear contacts most of the time and have sent in the eyesight form back with my application as I can only just pass the unaided part as my eyesight is pretty terrible (but aided is fine). I'm assuming that because i've already filled in the form (and paid an optician to perform this for me!) I shouldn't be having an eye test at the medical, but reading on here it seems that most forces do it anyway. The reason I ask is because i'm planning on wearing my contacts for the day as i'm going to work straight after and as such wont be able to comp…

    • 7 replies
    • 629 views
    thall861546081250
  6. martin.taylor
    Started by martin.taylor,

    Hello all!! I just wanted to write a quick message to say I have passed the paper sift for glospol and have two job related aptitude tests on 19th January, I cant wait!! Any advice anyone has to offer in preperation would be greatly appreciated!

    • 6 replies
    • 709 views
  7. JB123
    Started by JB123,

    Hi all, I received this e-mail the other day; With work i'd possibly have to book a day off as holiday to attend one of these sessions and was wondering if it's worth it or not? I'm sure it will be a great help to me but unsure if it warrants using a days holiday or not! Thanks

    • 6 replies
    • 1.6k views
  8. Chribi
    Started by Chribi,

    Just wanted to start by thanking the member that sent me a good luck message yesterday, haven't replied yet, but it deft was appreciated! Well having completed the latest stage of my quest to join Surrey Police, I have just attended the NPIA Assessment Centre in Royton. Thought I ought to tell you all about my little experience, as I have read all of yours! I can't go in to any specific details, as there is confidentiality issues, but the most important thing I have learnt is ...... 1. Study 2. Practise 3. Practise yet again! There is very little additional information you can learn which will help you through the process, but by getting a study guide and constant…

      • Like
    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views
  9. rushton1
    Started by rushton1,

    So my long awaited interview is on the 20th January, and I have been racking my brains ever since about the questions they are going to ask me in the interview! I have had a look at all the core competencies, and I am working through them with an answer for each one! I have a really good example, when I was 14 (now 18) my first job was in a residential home washing the pots, all the elderley residents had dementia, and I had to change the way I spoke and acted from resident to resident as some of them could understand me, some of them couldnt, and some of them were very difficult to deal with! But the problem I am having is how am I going to fit all of this into 5 min…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 877 views
  10. Baz7193
    Started by Baz7193,

    Hi all. Would anyone be able to shed some light onto this for me, I would contact the recruiting team reference this but I am not to sure whether they would just dismiss it. I am currently in the process of applying to become a Special in Hertfordshire Constabulary as a means to gain further experiance before they resume recruiting for regular officers. But it has also come to my attention from a number of serving officers that being a Special while applying to become a regular officer can often have a severely detrimental effect on your application, especially at the A/C phase, as many forces attempt to retain this free resource. From what I have heard many forces try…

  11. Adz
    Started by Adz,

    Hi guys, Given the Christmas period I haven't had much time for the Police unfortunately but I've still maintained my 16 hours a month service however it's been a while and so I thought I'd best update you all to how I'm getting on. First things first I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas and you all have a wonderful and prosperous new year. Now, where do I begin! I decided to do 2 8 hour shifts to make up my hours, to think I wasn't bothered about the shifts I was wrong. My first night I was paired up with a new constable from another force, it was nice as it was somebody new to talk to (make sure you get to know everyone, they're going to be your new family)…

    • 0 replies
    • 843 views
  12. TheSweeney.
    Started by TheSweeney.,

    I am currently filling out the my security questionnaire and im confused on the back page. It says to be complete by department, agency or firm. Is that my current employer to fill in or is that for the met to fill in? Also on the front page it asked me on general details to put my firm, and i wrote my current employer is this correct?

    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views
  13. thepeachroom

    In August 2010 I passed my assessment centre for Avon & Somerset regulars, passed fitness but failed my final interview. I was offered the position as a special but due to not living close enough to a station in Avon & Somerset (I live in Devon and the nearest was Wellington at approximately 30 miles) I was not eligible to be a special for Avon & Somerset. I am now applying for the position of special constable with Devon & Cornwall so would like to know if I can use my regulars assessment centre score from Avon & Somerset or if I will have to go through the whole process again. I know that my score from Avon & Somerset is valid until August 201…

  14. case4life
    Started by case4life,

    After a long and costly affair, explaining why my surname is hyphenated. I got a call saying that they have not been able to contact my two references. After chasing the recruitment team back for 3 days I found out that they had the incorrect contact details. Ok that was sorted and both my referees contacted me and said they have completed the references. I have a training date starting 16th Jan with the Met. Is there any thing else that will be required of me? and can I assume all the checks are OK?

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  15. Emma_bing89
    Started by Emma_bing89,

    hey there all! i have found out i have failed my vetting and i know its due to family. i have been told i can appeal but i have no idea where to start and how to word it. this is my last chance of applying and i dont want to mess it up!!!! anyone have any advice they can give me pleaaaase thank you

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.