Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. meggles
    Started by meggles,

    Hello guys and girls! Im currently applying for Devon and Cornwall Specials filling in the application form which I downloaded from their website Ive noticed there are no competencies questions...I thought they were on the standard application form..please correct me if Im wrong! My application has to be in by the 4th and starting to panic.... do they do it in interview form now or is there an error with the online application form...PLEASE HELP!

    • 4 replies
    • 728 views
  2. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    When it comes to the assesment centre, is there anything wrong with re-using the examples I used in my application form, or do they need to be fresh examples? The ideas I'm coming up with all seem pretty similar :D

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.3k views
  3. matty_bolland
    Started by matty_bolland,

    hi everybody, i have a dilemma.. i have read on the cheshire constabulary website that i am exempt from joing police special because i am of fire service authority... but i am a retained firefighter.. after careful reading of the fire and rescue services act 2004 i have come accross this - "Section 36 of the Fire and Rescue Services Act 2004 (formerly section 32 of the Fire Services Act 1947) prohibits the employment of members of a police force by a fire and rescue authority for any of its functions. This is because off duty police constables are expected to assume police duties in the event of witnessing the commission of a crime or a threat to public order and, th…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.6k views
  4. M.Rogan
    Started by M.Rogan,

    I failed my day one about 7 months ago. I was refused feed back. My service was the Met. However, I recently received feed back. I went over by 2 marks on my written, got full marks on my interview though. You're allowed 8 errors on the written. Would just like to know if there is any preparation I can take to help me next time? As I have another application in with the Met.

    • 4 replies
    • 566 views
  5. jacko6686
    Started by jacko6686,

    Evening lads and ladettes, I've decided to apply for the specials after finally settling into "civvy street". Also I've found out patience is not one of my strong points. As you can tell I've gotten fed up of waiting for another crack at the regs. So, prividing I can pass, I should gain some expierence "hobby bobby". Anyone else applying?

  6. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    If I am successful how many weekends is the training for? I know it thurs, sat and sun but for how many weeks? It's just that I work Saturdays so would have to take the time off un-paid!!

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 852 views
  7. Sunflower
    Started by Sunflower,

    Hey guys, I start training in a month. Is there anything I should be doing before it starts apart from execise, that may help ie any books I could be swotting up on? Thanks in advance. Very, very excited!

      • Like
    • 16 replies
    • 1.1k views
  8. shannonh09
    Started by shannonh09,

    hi Just a quick question, i am going through to the assessment stage, were just wondering if it would be possible for me to go to the local police station and ask if i could go out with them on foot patrol, so i could get some experiance and more insight in the field. thank you.

    • 3 replies
    • 582 views
  9. chuk_38
    Started by chuk_38,

    Hello, I am hoping that any of you lot could help me. I have my interview for the specials with Strathclyde later this month for the March intake. I am really just looking to get some information if possible. I attended the initial interview last year and was unsuccesful, however my feedback was fairly positive. I would have reapplied for the regular force again this year, but with the recruitment freeze that was no longer a possibility. So I applied for the specials with the hope of gaining experience until such time that I could reapply to the regular force. My question is; Is the specials interview the same set up as the initial interview for the regular force? …

    • 14 replies
    • 1.2k views
  10. martin.taylor
    Started by martin.taylor,

    Hi all.... I have my numerical reasoning and verbal comprehension aptitude tests next week for Gloucestershire and I am getting a little nervous. I have an A-level in maths and I am a construction estimator in my dayjob so am constantly working with figures; however, the numerical reasoning tests I have been trying on the web are so tough!! Have you had your aptitude tests recently and how difficult were they?? If they are this difficult I have got some serious studying to do!! Cheers

    • 14 replies
    • 1.7k views
  11. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Right....passed my vetting and just had my medical to go. Went, and they know i have some hosp appoitments to go too so said i have to ring them back when i have been and aslong as nothing is wrong im in. BUT, i then rang the police recruitment and asked if i wil have time to still start training next month. She said aslong as everything is fine next week ill be fine. She then started looking into my file, i live in doncaster and licolnshire police is the force i am in. When they sent me the letter saying they will fast track me it says they will pay for my transportation costs to and from work. Now they are saying they cant because i dont live in the same county. She s…

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 1.3k views
    Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
  12. FoxtrotZero
    Started by FoxtrotZero,

    So, I'm considering course types/options with the Met. So far the 1-day weekend course is appealing with work patterns as they are, but i've heard from some that its not as beneficial as doing an intensive block. One train of though i'm having at the moment is that the weekend course has a high and a low, the good being that you have a whole week to revise the next lesson/subject, the low being that a few weeks down the line at the exam dates, a subject from a month ago will not be anywhere near as fresh... What are people's opinions on this? Posted in here although Mod's feel free to move as its pretty Met-Specific. Cheers for any advice folks can offer. FZ.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 583 views
  13. zedos
    Started by zedos,

    Hi everyone, I will be attending the initial assesment day soon for British Transport Police, Special Constable. I know there are three tests but I cannot find any examples of them anywhere online. They seem to be a different layout from the standard entry Police tests which do have sample papers online. Does anyone know if they are similar to the standard Police tests or where I can find sample questions for these BTP tests. I know you should visit a station if you are applying for regular Constable role. Should I also visit my local BTP station for this role? Any general tips and advice would also be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

    • 6 replies
    • 1.1k views
  14. KranjcarBlue
    Started by KranjcarBlue,

    Hi Guys! Im currently in the recruitment process to become a 'special' in the Hampshire constabulary, however im just wondering whats next for me? any help or info would be much appreciated from people hat have been there and done it! basically, ive passed my assessment day consisting of the written exam, one to one interview and situtional judgement test, ive lso passed my fitness test and have returned my completed vetinary forms. So i like to think that im almost there? but any clarification as to what i can expect next up (provided my vetinary forms are successful) would be a great help! On another note, i want to become a 'special' with a view to becoming a regul…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 812 views
  15. chris_hinch
    Started by chris_hinch,

    Can Specials join the Police Federation? If so what is the procedure?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.