Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. g.holland
    Started by g.holland * ,

    Hi there, I'm new to this forum and have just applied to GMP to become a special. Can someone help me and tell me what I'm in for.. Is it a massive mistake or will it be a job that I won't regret. Thanks George

    • 4 replies
    • 945 views
    Aran PatrolStore
  2. fuzz86
    Started by fuzz86,

    Hi all, I am just wondering, will i have a problem with my application being accepted because i am currently working (as a chef not serving behind a bar) and living in licenced premisis, but, i do live in private accomidation upstairs and pay seperate rates. I am living with my partner who's son is the licencee of the pub. I can understand that obtaining a reference would be unfair but fortunatly have participated in other work eleswhere and can obtain a reference from there, and from my college if required. I know this is all very confusing, is it worth me attaching a letter to my form explaining my circumstances? Thanks alot Mini1

    • 2 replies
    • 589 views
    Alison1546081017
  3. Peeler91
    Started by Peeler91,

    Hi, this is my first post on the site. My name's Paul and I've got my Day 2 Assessment with the Met on Wednesday, I was just wondering what should I wear? What is advisable to bring for the JRFT? Is it purely a tracksuit affair or can I get away with a T-Shirt and a pair of combat trousers? Also should I wear my gear for the JRFT to the Day or wear something else and bring my JRFT clothes in a bag? Sorry for the annoying questions but I really don't want to get anything wrong after getting this far. Cheers, Paul

    • 7 replies
    • 804 views
  4. Luke1996
    Started by Luke1996,

    I've seen loads of really useful content in the forum about people going through the system and noting down previous dealings with the police etc. Have just completed my application for the met as an SC...and was entirely truthful noting down a speeding offence, caution from when I was aged 14 for a hoax telephone call (that's now over 22 yrs ago!) and an arrest for drunk & disorderly on a stag-do - I was bound over for a year (now nearly 10 years ago)... has anyone ever got in as a SC with a similar set of 'previous'? or should I just assume I'm unlikely to even survive the paper-sift? Reall want to give something back to the community as I'm now very successful in…

      • Like
    • 11 replies
    • 1k views
  5. ds1989
    Started by ds1989,

    Hi, just a quick question, I had a call from vetting the other week asking for my fathers partners details, now the query that I have is my dad has been with her for about a year, I've never met her and the first I've spoken to her is last week after a year and until then I didn't even know her name! it was even a struggle to get her to give me her details so I have no idea on what she's like or her family is like, my dad doesn't live with her as she lives up north, I've heard from my dad that she has no convictions and no one in her family has, obviously I have no idea if this is true or not, though having never met her how much will she be a part of my vetting? Thanks

    • 4 replies
    • 648 views
    Alison1546081017
  6. KayP
    Started by KayP,

    Hello all. I have been waiting for a confirmation of my fitness test for Dyfed Powys Police due to the first one being cancelled.See Here Today, I recieved a letter saying the following:#] Now the only reason I can think of why this would have happened is because of this. However, all I have done is submitted the application form, I thought vetting would only be carried out after I have done fitness etc? I am extremely dissappointed that (as I believe) due to a member of my family that I don't really know being the way he is, it has stopped me pursuing my only biggest dream, being in the Police Force. Is there anything I can do? Thanks in advance!! Keiron

    • 8 replies
    • 1.2k views
  7. Zatarg
    Started by Zatarg,

    Does anyone know of some good websites for help with answering competencies questions? Kent Uni's careers website seems pretty good: http://www.kent.ac.u.../skillquest.htm but most if not all of the help google seems to be able to give is very vague. Other general help-with-applications sites would be appreciated too. EDIT: I should probably point out that I don't want you to give me the answers to put on my forms

    • 3 replies
    • 550 views
  8. WB98
    Started by WB98,

    Right, just a quick question. I have sent my application off and put my current manager as a professional reference. I have now passed the initial stages of the recruitment process and just need to do my fitness and medical. However, I have just left work on not so good terms as the manager has been treating me unfairly. I don't need or want to go in to the ins and outs. But does any one know if it is possible to change your references? Any help would be much appreciated. Kindest regards, Sam

    • 8 replies
    • 1.1k views
  9. LMAB90

    I am due to complete an SC application in the near future - Last time I applied (last year) I completely stuffed up the CBQs in the application form (scoring shameful Ds). Obviously I didn't address the question as they required, I've been having a think and here's a basic outline of what I am thinking to include in this up and coming application, if anyone can give me some quality advice on whether they think it will suffice that would be appreciated. (If these examples don't seem enough; then it's simply back to the drawing board) Community and Customer Focus - Whilst shopping in my nearest City one weekend; I saw a group of foreign tourists taking eachothers' p…

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 930 views
  10. Derek89
    Started by Derek89,

    Just curious, anyone on here starting there specials traning at Jackton in March?

    • 3 replies
    • 899 views
  11. Paul1967
    Started by Paul1967,

    2 Competancy questions are often on the application forms and if you make a mess of these then you will get rejected and they have not even met you 1-1 I wonder how many potentially great specials are lost just in the paper sift??

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 490 views
  12. Paul1967
    Started by Paul1967,

    Hi, Just wondered at which point you should inform your employer you may need to jig your hours about a bit for specials training? Should you tell them before you have even past paper sift so they have potential notice or wait until you have past interview? Obviously no-one wants to let there employer know early then fail a section and feel a bit silly.

    • 16 replies
    • 1.2k views
  13. Paul1967
    Started by Paul1967,

    Hi there, Just wondered if SC application requires either work or personal references or both? Handy to know and at what stage they require these? Any advise please would be grateful from previous applicants especially.

    • 10 replies
    • 861 views
  14. savyss
    Started by savyss,

    Hi All All has gone well, apart from being colour blind in my latest application. I passed everything but the fitness test which i was due to take friday! Only yesterday i got conformation that i was medically ok to attend the fitness test, as i wasnt signed of due to my colour blindness. Midday today i recieved an email from the resourcing unit saying that my application had been rejected and that they could not discuss the matter any further. It also said i had no grounds to appeal! At 3pm i got an email saying i was medically fit to attend the fitness test!? I phone the resourcing unit and the kind gentalman said that he could not discuss it with me, but did menti…

    • 16 replies
    • 983 views
  15. Paul1967
    Started by Paul1967,

    Just wondered how people get on with the financial loss of missing work to train for specials Although some courses are weekend you have to remember not everyone works 9-5 mon to fri. Also weekend courses are not always available and instead only the 4 week course is on offer. Missing a whole months wages to train could cost the average person £1500 in lost earnings and this for most households can not be justified even if the person has sch a strong desire to be a special the bills still have to be paid. Is being a special maybe only People living at home still with parents and the rich who find it easier to manage financially with less commitments?

      • Like
    • 34 replies
    • 1.6k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.