Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone has ever had or heard of a situation where you cannot make the PIRT date due to say being abroad?! Does this mean you're stuffed and have to wait until the next group come through? Many thanks.
-
Just a few new question proposals for the digital age!!! (1): Are you just in this for the uniform? (2): What do you think a warrant card should be used for? (3): Define 'power' and how it should be used? (4): Give examples of team working, commitment, and dedication in your current job. (5): Do you use social networking and how do you think your behaviours will change when/if you are appointed? (6): Officers are provided with safety equipment such as batons, handcuffs, and pava spray. In 1000 words or less, in which circumstances and why do you think these should be used? (7): In your opinion. What is reasonable force? (8): How would your current boss describe yo…
-
Got my start date this morning. Felt sooooo good reading the letter! Can't wait to get cracking now. I start at the end of March and I applied at the end of Sept 2010 so it didn't take that long.
-
'A person Dishonestly appropriates / so if he or she / therefore with out consent!!!' Does anyone have any tips on how to learn these?
-
Hey everyone, I have been monitoring the forums for about a year now. I've had a change of heart and decided that when I'm older I want to join the specials. I originally wanted to join the regulars. I've realised however I'm never going to be in it for the money and simply want to join because I want to do the job and help my community. The question I was going to ask was this. Are there ranks in the specials? I know as a special constable the only difference between you and a regular constable is that they get paid and you don't. But can you still be promoted in the specials? And if you can, does this change the minimum working hours per month to more than 16? Thanks e…
-
-
- 44 replies
- 5.4k views
- 2 followers
-
-
Hi, Im just wondering if having a SIA licence would actually hinder my chances of getting recruited into the police? or even if they accept SIA licence holders at all? I dont know where I heard this, might just me being silly. thankyou
-
Hi all, I recently applied for Cambridgeshire Constabulary and was accepted at the interview being given the fitness test as the next step. Yesterday I was asked to update my employment history and today I received an email saying I had been unsuccessful having resided abroad within the last three years. I'm a little confused as, although I was living abroad, at no point did my residency change - in fact, I'm Britsh Citizen from birth. To give you an idea I had a working holiday visa for New Zealand, which is an extended holiday visa allowing me to supplement my travels with work (essentially a gap year). I'm attempting to challenge the decision and am awaiting a re…
-
Pleased to announce I have received my confirmation letter this morning and passed the assessment stage! Time for Vetting / Medical and Financial WYP is the force applied for!!
-
Hello everyone. Ive just passed the first stage and i have now been invited to the Day 1 Assessment. Unfortunately i am away for this and im contacting them to inform them of this so i can arrange a new date. It says that i need to give them my reference number which i should of recieved in my acknowledgement letter. However i dont have a acknowledgement letter and dont think i ever did, i only have a acknowledgement of application email which does not state a reference number. I have gone through all my emails and letters which i have filed away and i have come across a email which states a receipt number which 4 digits long. If this is not it, how do i go about findi…
-
hi all, i'm a paramedic with the nhs. i have noted that this can cause problems with applying to be a special. i have seen the previous thread on restricted occupations but i know that some forces accept ambulance staff. i would just like some help with which ones do. so, if any of you are/were/know of someone who does both could you let me know for which force? thanks bam
-
Is there any Specials that regulary work at Longsight police station? I have not seen one. I'd reccomend coming to Longsight very, very busy If anyone wants to come and pair up with me ill take you out around Moss Side, Gorton etc.
-
-
Hey guys! Passed my PIRT on Tuesday evening, so next stage is my interview - which I believe will be within the next month. Any tips on what to expect from the interview? As feeling a tad nervous! Give me a written test any day! Any advice would be greatfully received! X
-
- 2 replies
- 1.3k views
- 1 follower
-
-
This might of been asked elsewhere but I can't seem to find it, Basically im quite a big chap, but at the same time I'm physically fit and would be able to get through the physical exams, but due to my size am I likely to get held back? My BMI is nowhere near perfect but as said, I'm in good nick, Any input would be gratefully appreciated, Many thanks, Tom
-
Hi! I have been seriously considering joining the Special Constabulary in my area for a long time, and now have a date for a 'familiarisation' meeting in May, which will be the first step! I have pne small concern regarding vetting, and wondered if any experts on PNC could help. Throughout my life, I have always worked extremely hard, observed the law and often been put in positions requiring a very high degree of trust. I have had numerous CRB checks, and a full Home Office vetting to work in an Immigration Reception Centre as a teacher. A few years ago, I had a run in with my Local Authority because they accused me of benefit fraud. I legitimately claimed housing …