Specials
3667 topics in this forum
-
Hi All I have applied for MET Policy Specials in 2010, and I now have my Day 1 Assessment at the Peel Centre tomorrow morning (09:00, 12-04-2011). There is alot of stuff on here that is out of date and quite misleading so I want to post on here what I know/have been given to prepare me! DAY 1 ASSESSMENTS FOR METROPOLITAN POLICE SPECIALS INCLUDES: Interview = Competency based interview that lasts around 30-40 minutes... I will be base around subject areas that are required for MET Specials to show in their work: Personal Responsibility / Customer & Community Focus / Teamwork / Effective Communication / Respect for Diversity. The information pack has no refer…
-
Well I sent my application form off on 30/03/2011 and am awaiting to see if I passed the competency questionnaire etc. And wanting to do all I can before hand to prepare myself for a good result, for examplr my BMI is around 17.5 and has been for years, even whilst being on Creatine and Protein shakes, eating around 3000 calories a day and using my dumbells 3-4 times a week, whilst doing martial arts 3 times a week. I haven't put on a pound and kept it! Can anyone let me know how this may affect my application process? Jason
-
Have spent the week or so trawling the forums here so thought it would be rude not to sign up and say hello Firstly let me say what a fantastic site this is. There is such a massive amount of useful information and I have learnt so much so far just reading up on the topics. Keep up the good work! I decided about 6 months ago that I was going to apply for an SC position with TVP and on Friday I did!! :D Completed the on-line application, and received an e-mail today saying I had passed the short-listing stage and I had to print off the vetting forms and get them sent back. In case anyone wonders why it took me 6 months from making the decision to actually applying, th…
-
Just wondering if you reckon it's ok to send your application back recorded delivery as I'm worried that it might be delayed (and it needs to be in by Monday!) due to someone not being available to sign for it. Thanks Mike (If it help I'm applying to Wiltshire)
-
Right, hears my dilemma, im going to phone up west midlands police specials recruitment to see how my application is doing and the've removed the contact number from the website? And now all i can find is an email addess now according to the recruitment process iv passed everything, im just waiting to hear back... Soo what do i do? wait? which could be up to half a year? or try and get into contact when theres only an email to go by? Im just a little confused thats all.
-
Hey guys, first of all just wanted to say thanks for having a great forum as this one and I am so glad I found it. Sorry to post yet again, another topic regarding the recruitment process but was wondering if anyone could please share knowledge with me. I have received my day 1 date later this month and having read all the info I received in the email, I have noticed it is completely different from the Met regs recruitment process. There are no role plays etc. But I see that they will ask you EIGHT questions based on the comps, so would I need to come up with atleast two seperate examples for each compentency?? Or would they ask me two different questions regarding the e…
-
Please don't slate this i am aware of what im currently doing is dangerous and nobody knows of my police status. I work in a local pub, the NPT officer visited to investigate some Crim Damage. i met him before passing out of training. i will be based in the same town of which i work. basic he told me i can't work in a licenced premises in the same area i special. is this true? Please tell me this is true, so i can leave and look for another job !!!!!!!!!!!! well only tell me its true if it is true! or is it just force policy?
-
https://applyonline....ansfereeofficer Transferee Officer Thames Valley Police is currently accepting transfer applications from police constables who have completed their probationary period with a police force based in the UK. We are also currently accepting applications to rejoin the police service from substantive constables who have previously resigned from a police force and are seeking to return after a break in service. For more information and an application pack please email or call 01865 855706. Mods, feel free to move if in wrong section.
-
Simple question here for you all today, living in South Wales but looking to apply to Gloucs or West Mercia Specials. Would this be allowed and would it be viable? Both force areas aren't terribly far away, so the distance would be manageable. Please advise in respects to whether you think this will be permitted? Thanks to all in advance,
-
Anyone in it or know anyone? Just wondering how busy you are, im a SC and you pretty much dont stand still ever with calls. Just wondering what CNC is like Cheers
-
This topic was covered sometime ago back in the days of the '08 recruitment drive but I would be interested to hear peoples experiences now I have been lucky enough to be invited to a MET Police Day 2. The MET have asked me to have my GP sign a new medical questionnaire, my GP wants to charge £130 for this despite me having no medical history since the last time he signed it (when he charged me £100 just over a year ago). Now I appreciate this is private work but £130? It's not like it's a full medical, harsh?
-
Hi all, I got a letter yesterday, my application made it through the sifting process :yawn: Assessment and fitness test is booked for the 26th of March.... I now just need to remember some basic numeracy skills.....
-
Not sure if this is a deal at all, but just curious, obviously as you'll be aware, in vetting and security forms (which i've filled and sent in, awaiting for vetting approval for PCSO role) you have to fill in all your partners details. When i wrote them, i was not involved in this girl at all really, we just visited cinema etc. together. In last few weeks, we've become alot more serious, and even though we're not "officially" in a relationship now, would becoming 'official' affect my Vetting at all? would i have to make my force aware? and would it slow down my process. Further more, is it just better to leave things how they are right now in my social life? Not sur…
-
Hi I just thought I'd share my diary of events, its been quite a few nerve wracking weeks for me! I was a Special some years ago, 16 to be exact! I wasn't in for long only a couple of years but those years were awesome! I also did a few months as a Tourist Police Volunteer in Thailand this too was a very exciting part of my life! And so here I am again! I applied on the 23rd September, I'd already gone out with the Newbury Neighbourhood team as a CO this was valuable and I encourage all you budding Specials to do as many "ride alongs" as you can! I got the call to invite me along to my assessment on the 11th October my assessment was on the 19th at Sulhamstead! I was …
-
Hey, I am thinking of applying to central scotland police next month, say i dont get in for whatever reason, or a force in england recruits, could i apply to another force in england as soon as they come up (if they do) or would i have to wait the 6 months again if i failed scotland or at same time? Not sure that makes sence but it does to me. (little update on me being a special, i have done 3 shifts, and i love it! best job in the world!, doing 9pm to 7am tonight too, and im at work 10 hours today before i go there! not bad to say ive done 40 odd hours in last two weeks when i work full time, but yeh....great fun! ) Cheers guys!