Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Cammyg92
    Started by Cammyg92,

    .

      • Like
    • 24 replies
    • 1.3k views
  2. mistyblue1
    Started by mistyblue1,

    I'm looking to join the Specials, whos recruiting at the mo? I could go to South Wales, Gwent or possibly Dyfed-Powys. Any thoughts? are they all the same or any one better? cheers

    • 1 reply
    • 626 views
  3. LankyDan
    Started by LankyDan +,

    I think that I can see the required distance without my glasses 6/36 with relative ease. Did any of you squint in order to see the letters more clearly? Is this allowed? Thanks Dan

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 725 views
  4. Swannatron
    Started by Swannatron,

    A question to all specials.... How long did your vetting take from sending off your forms to the force in question completing all your vetting? Dont forget to state your force!! im just curious about how quick or slow some peoples vetting has taken between forces. would be interesting to see which force is the quickest and which is the slowest.

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.1k views
  5. cwmeinion
    Started by cwmeinion,

    One letter mistake, tippex or cross out?! General view for this idiotic action, (!!), is to cross out and write next to. ? Cheers

    • 14 replies
    • 3.3k views
  6. Casbah-Rock
    Started by Casbah-Rock +,

    Hi there. I have just booked into the Met Police Service Special Constable Support Presentation next week. Does anyone know what I should expect as I thought the confirmation email may of have a bit more info. Regards Seb

      • Like
    • 3 replies
    • 2.5k views
  7. cwmeinion
    Started by cwmeinion,

    Hi all, Just a bit of advise really. Sorry.. bit of background first...! I work for a small company, (5 people) and am applying to the Specials. I have not told the two directors yet, as I was going to only mention it IF I got through paper sift and/or PIRT.The reason being that one of them in particular, tends to react personally to work matters, rather than proffesionally, so if they had issues, it would save fuss if I did'nt get through anyway. Now, you may now be thinking, well he must tell them as full support of employer is crucial, however, I am very keen to gain police experience as I am passionate about it becoming a future career. The blunt line is, I'm not pre…

    • 4 replies
    • 653 views
  8. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    Is there anybody from Cheshire in these forums because it seems really quiet on here from the Cheshire folk. I have my uniform fitting soon and was just wondering if there is anybody at the same stage as me?

    • 11 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. MuratYuksel
    Started by MuratYuksel,

    Starting Intensive training at Hendon 14 march yay! If anyone has any idea, is it possible to drive to Hendon and park inside the carpark? or do we need to have a warrant card to gain access for parking? Thanks to all in advance

    • 16 replies
    • 1.5k views
    mcclure1546081253
  10. Josh1995
    Started by Josh1995,

    Hello, I am 15 years old and have recently began to think about a career in the Police force. I was hoping people could answer a few question's for me as I have a few. 1. How long, from applying, does it take on average to join the Police? 2. Can Officers specialise in area's like Dog Handling? 3. How many specialities are there? 4. How long does it take to become a detective and do detectives wear a uniform? 5. Once an Officer is accepted will he/she start work in the area they are from or will they start some where else? Thank you.

      • Like
    • 20 replies
    • 2k views
  11. Jimmy_93
    Started by Jimmy_93,

    Okay, I'm in a bit of a dilemma. Firstly, my name's Jimmy. I'm 17 years old due to turn 18 in August. I recently left training for the Royal Marine Commandos after an arduous selection process because my heart was with the Police force. I completed 7 weeks' of training after an application lasting 6 months. Well, basically I always wanted to join the Police. Because of this I could no longer find the motivation to continue with Marine training as it was not what I really wanted in the long run and the Police was my true ambition. I basically want to know if the following plan is realistic; I'm currently working on getting a full time job pretty much doing anything (a s…

    • 7 replies
    • 1.3k views
  12. Stoneman
    Started by Stoneman,

    Hi all! I'm applying for a SC job in Cambridgeshire, I'm really stuck on what should be a simple answer!! Q3. Are you able to maintain confidentiality and integrity?* Please provide a description of a situation where this skill has been required. (Max. 500 words) I work for a games company so obviously i have to take confidentiality VERY seriously. But i haven't really had a situation with leaking new games or content. Just having trouble with it. Any advice? wouldn't really know where to start on it. I've been at this all day! Thanks in advance! Stoneman

    • 2 replies
    • 465 views
    Administrative Account
  13. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    is the duke of Edinburgh something good to put on your qualification section on the application form or is it pointless? i dont want to put something down that sounds stupid.

    • 2 replies
    • 692 views
  14. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hiya I am currently in the process of applying to SYP for specials. I applied last year and unfortunately didn't make it, but i am more determined this year. I already work for SYP as a civvy. Is there anyone else out there who has just gone through the application process for SYP adn passed and if so what was the assessment / interview like? I know my competencies as i have to know them for my current role so am not too worried about them, just need to make sure my answers fit the bill this time. :bye:

    • 0 replies
    • 451 views
  15. Emerald1546620707
    Started by Emerald1546620707,

    I've posted this topic somewhere else but I thought I'm post it in here as well so I can hopefully get some help. For the Competency questions I'm only given four lines to write each answer on. I've done a test answer but drawing the lines and then writing my answer on to see if it fits and I'm going well over with even the basic of answers. How am I supposed to go into detail with only this limited space available? The form also states that I cannot add extra sheets, write outside the box or in between the lines. So how am I supposed to give a sufficient answer? Ive all ready made my handwriting tiny. All the examples I've seen online have been long and detailed but if …

    • 1 reply
    • 488 views
    Emerald1546620707

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.