Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    The more I think about my answers on my application the more rubbish they sound! For example for the "What you hoping to achieve in Specials" type question I might as well have just put "I want to drive in a neeee naaarr car and arrest people!" my actual answer is gushy! Oh well its done. Do any of the Avon & Somerset guys know how long it takes the paper app process to go through?

    • 4 replies
    • 544 views
  2. 288
    Started by 288,

    Hello, Just to start, I am not looking for answers, ideas for answers or anything like that. I know the interview is for the candidate not serving PC's and SC's on here. Just some general advice, on how many of the sub categories of the seven competencies would need to be covered for a strong answer? I am finding it difficult to cover them all in some answers. Cheers Neil

      • Like
    • 15 replies
    • 943 views
    TallGuy1546081014 +
  3. Delta Mike
    Started by Delta Mike,

    I've been watching this forum for a few years now but only decided to register so I could get some advice, if you may be kind enough to take the time. I'll explain the situation.... I'm an SC hopeful and have passed the AC stage, have medical/fitness coming up, However.... Several weeks ago I recieved an NIP (notice of intended prosecution) for allegedly speeding using my works vehicle, The vehicle was allegedly doing 40 in a 30, on the day of the offence I think I was the driver. I can remember which camera it was but.... (now here comes the most common sentence regarding speeding)... I genuinely did not know it was a 30 and knew the camera was there, I did not b…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 756 views
  4. Paul1967
    Started by Paul1967,

    Hi, Applying to Derbyshire. Just wondered if anyone knew anything about colour blind test and Bmi I was told by recruitment that Bmi there is no restrictions and colour test all you need is to be able to distinguish the primary colours. However im getting mixed responses on the issue from different people Most seem to be on the understanding Bmi must be below 30 and there is a full colourblind test? Can anyone give advice, Derbyshire force or any other force also welcome! Yes maybe this should go in there area but get alot more answers in the main forum area Cheers

    • 7 replies
    • 739 views
  5. fuzz86
    Started by fuzz86,

    Hi all, Just a quick question, i sent my application yesterday, how long does it usually take before they get back to you? I cant wait!!! Thanks alot mini1

    • 2 replies
    • 439 views
  6. Gaz999
    Started by Gaz999,

    Hi All, How are we all ? Right so im filling out my Specials application form.. I have this as a Question! Please give me a specific example of a time when you have taken another person or people’s needs into account? Tell us about the situation about the person or people Involved Can someone sort of help me out here? give me guidelines where I should be going and how I should start off? Would be greatfully appreciated Regards, Gary

    • 3 replies
    • 1k views
  7. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    Special Constable Recruitment Event - National Career Guidance Show - Wembley Date Wednesday 9 and Thursday 10 March 2011 Location Bobby Moore Room (Stand 110) Wembley Stadium Brent HA9 Times 9am - 4pm Nearest Station Wembley Stadium - National Rail Wembley Park - London Underground Volunteer as a police officer for just 16 hours a month and make your spare time truly worthwhile. Tackle crime and test yourself. Make London safer and make a huge difference to your community. Wear the same uniform as a regular police officer and carry the same powers of arrest. Train for one of the most varied and fascinating volunteer roles around. Gain an incredible wealth of…

    • 0 replies
    • 834 views
  8. NewhamSC
    Started by NewhamSC,

    So I had my medical and fitness test the other day, medical was first, passed the hearing, eyesight, lung capacity, blood pressure, but my BMI was 37, my body fat was 25%, but the doctor said to me he was putting me on hold for four months until I have lost 10kg bringing me down to 110kg, providing I pass the fitness test! Had my bleep test and we got stopped at 5.4 so I passed, then we had the push/pull test, I got 123kg on the push, and 130kg on the pull! I cant understand why I have been put on hold, when my BMI was over 35, but on the Met 'fit for the job' it stated if your BMI is over 35, your body fat must be below 30%! And I got pretty good scored on the push/pull …

    • 8 replies
    • 833 views
  9. fuzz86
    Started by fuzz86,

    Hi all, Just a quick question, i sent my application yesterday, how long does it usually take before they get back to you? I cant wait!!! Thanks alot mini1

      • Like
    • 12 replies
    • 662 views
  10. I Grade Snail
    Started by I Grade Snail,

    Good day all! I'm a long time looker at the site, but only just registered. Recently left the forces after my 6 year engagement expired and now back in civvy street. Have decided for ages during resettlement I'd give being a Special ago when I got out and applied to the Met nearly 5 weeks ago, only email I had was they have upgrading their application system..wait out. Any one got any gen on how long its taking at the moment? I've been following the Met's recent way of changing recruitment into the full time world so expect thats had a knock on. In addition I'm a little concerned about something that happened during my military career: During my time I was arrested b…

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 543 views
  11. Vicstress
    Started by Vicstress,

    Hi all, Well I had my assessment day today - despite being up all night with flu like symptoms and about 2 hours sleep! I think the written and SJT's went ok but the interview was just shocking - I was babbling and didn't use nearly enough of the alloted time to get my answers across....my brain was just like cotton wool. So annoyed that I went but I just felt that if I hadn't have gone it wouldn't have looked good either. I guess worse case is that I reapply in 6 months......

    • 5 replies
    • 833 views
  12. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    on the front cover under 'grade, rank or job title', what do i put, special constable?

    • 22 replies
    • 977 views
  13. MuratYuksel
    Started by MuratYuksel,

    Hi all, Im a new member but thought i'd share my honours with you. Thanks in advance to all the members that helped me with information about the Day 1 stage etc... Anyway, Applied to the specials force DEC 10' Got my day 1 21st JAN Was told I passed on 24th Jan Got day 2 on 21st FEB Passed day 2 on 21st feb, Came off the train back home at 4:35pm and got a call from vetting stating that I passed my vetting and reference checks SAME DAY !!! Admin signed my documents along with their senior manager 22nd FEB Finally, TRAINING DATE PICKED FOR FULL TIME - 14th March Application to Training all in all i'd say 2months! RECORD I SAY! Best of luck to you all ) An…

    • 9 replies
    • 612 views
  14. MedicLuke
    Started by MedicLuke,

    Hello everyone, I've got my Day 1 assessment day tomorrow and have filled out all the paperwork and references for all my previous employment and education but I'm struggling with the Personal References. The form says I need 2 but I've only managed to get 1 and can't think of anyone else who meets the criteria. Has anyone else gone with just 1 and if so, what did they about it? Any help would be much appreciated. Luke

    • 8 replies
    • 816 views
  15. BlockMan
    Started by BlockMan,

    I have just sent off my application! Fingers crossed! Thank you to all that helped! I should get down to the gym, I fear I made myself out to be fitter then I actually am!

    • 7 replies
    • 479 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.