Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Just thought id let you all know and say thanks to everyone that has helped me. I start special training next Monday, get my uniform Thursday (apparently i need a suitcase because theres loads) , and had one training day last Saturday. So im excited now. Next step is to wait for regulars taking on...could be a long wait, but oh well. Only one bad point is think im going to have to pay for some of my travel costs, but oh well, will be worth it in long run. Anyway, cheers!

    • 12 replies
    • 918 views
  2. rushton1
    Started by rushton1,

    Had my Day 1 today, and I know right now I have definitely failed! I'll keep you updated as soon as I know! Rushton

      • Like
    • 35 replies
    • 3.4k views
  3. SM17HY1546081268
    Started by SM17HY1546081268,

    Hi all, Just a quick one, can you become a special if you already work for the police as a member of civillian staff? i.e. as a call handeler? Thanks in advance

    • 14 replies
    • 1k views
    SM17HY1546081268
  4. Padz 1999
    Started by Padz 1999,

    Hi girls/guys at last I got my dates for training at met police hendon in march , just asking those who have completed their training any tips that I could study now eg. Section acts , law .. I do not want to be looking at the wrong areas and at the same time do not want to go in without a clue !? Many thanks j

    • 5 replies
    • 673 views
  5. gemini83
    Started by gemini83,

    Hello Just wanted to ask some advice last year i gave up being a Special in May cause of my full-time employment but decided again to rejoin.I had missed out on the two year service by 4 months, and i have to now start my training all over again. I want to but, the CNC is looking for Regular New Recruits and i don't know whether to apply for that as well hoping i could be sucessfull but i live 5 hours away and would have to live up there for my duties. Im 28 this year and like alot of us on here would do pretty much anything to become a regular its just how ? The MET who i am thinking of rejoining are looking at taking Specials on a full-time but its not on paper and y…

    • 2 replies
    • 701 views
  6. Romeooo
    Started by Romeooo,

    Hi all, so ive got my date through for my medical for BTP, can anyone tell me what actually happens during it? Thanks much :D

    • 1 reply
    • 1.1k views
  7. Jay87
    Started by Jay87 * ,

    Just been notified that I have to attend an assessment day so can anyone tell me what happens during it ?

    • 2 replies
    • 552 views
  8. Skin
    Started by Skin,

    This is from the Met site: A:In response to the Mayor's Budget Statement to the London Assembly, Boris Johnson confirmed that additional funding has been secured for policing for the MPS. This funding means that the cuts to the MPS budget for 2011/12 are now significantly reduced and the investment, of £42m, will allow the MPS to begin some police officer recruitment. There are currently over 200 police community support officers (PCSOs) who have successfully completed police officer selection. In the initial phase these PCSOs will begin training to be police officers before the end of the financial year. After this initial phase, future recruitment is likely to be ope…

    • 3 replies
    • 1.2k views
  9. wass_1716
    Started by wass_1716,

    Hi Everyone, Just wondering what everyone thought about this. Since cuts are being announced and the plan to recruit more Specials, do you think the Police Recruitment standards for the Specials e.g. eyesight, assessment etc etc would be reduced to attract more candidates Thanks

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 2.3k views
    Alison1546081017
  10. cathyped
    Started by cathyped,

    Yey, I have received my letter today.... I'VE PASSED! 10 days and counting until fitness test Nottinghamshire

    • 12 replies
    • 750 views
  11. wanabe
    Started by wanabe,

    I have looked at my training rota and it looks like I will be needing to attend 7 Saturdays over a 13 week period. The problem is I work Saturdays and my boss is being a pain about having time off even tho I said I will take it unpaid! I wouldn't mind it's not a small company, it's Royal Mail! Does anybody know a way round this or have companies got to give you time off??

    • 9 replies
    • 903 views
  12. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    Well, I had my A/C on Saturday and received an email this afternoon saying I'd passed with a score of 71%! The areas which let me down was the written excersize, scoring three C's compared and two B's compared to my situational judgement of three A's and a B and my interview of three A's a B and a C. How can I improve in this area for when (if) I apply for the regs when recruitment opens again.

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 707 views
  13. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    Does anyone know what speed each level on the bleep test has to be ran at? I'm trying to simulate it on the treadmill, in conjunction with having the bleeps on my iPod. Could anyone work it out?

      • Like
    • 30 replies
    • 25.5k views
  14. PHILTHISCITY
    Started by PHILTHISCITY,

    A:In response to the Mayor's Budget Statement to the London Assembly, Boris Johnson confirmed that additional funding has been secured for policing for the MPS. This funding means that the cuts to the MPS budget for 2011/12 are now significantly reduced and the investment, of £42m, will allow the MPS to begin some police officer recruitment. There are currently over 200 police community support officers (PCSOs) who have successfully completed police officer selection. In the initial phase these PCSOs will begin training to be police officers before the end of the financial year. After this initial phase, future recruitment is likely to be open to special constables and …

    • 3 replies
    • 793 views
  15. Magicman
    Started by Magicman,

    Oright guys, just completed the interview & written test of the recruitment process and I'm now waiting on the drug test. Havn't recieved any information on where or when it is just wondering if I recieve a letter beforehand? Or am I supposed to know this information? If so does anyone have a contact number of the department so I can phone up and sort it out? cheers guys

    • 22 replies
    • 3k views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.