Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Padz 1999
    Started by Padz 1999,

    Hi everyone , this site has been so helpful in me preparing for my interview with met police tomorrow(18th) I have prepared answers but more than anything it's my nerves that I know will let me down ... As being a restaurant manager I can sort out all sorts of problems from fights, robberies, customer complaints.. But being sat in that chair in front of the two people is what let me down last time .... I have already done day two , so this is my last step I do not want to fall down ... Any ideas please ... Thanks jpadilla

    • 13 replies
    • 853 views
  2. CJ6636
    Started by CJ6636,

    Hello, Having done a fair amount of research into CO19 and it's methods of selection and recruitment it seems like you need to be a real tough cut to get in. However there's one thing I don't really understand and that is I need an immaculate "Policing record". It may seem like a no brainer but surely out of the 2000 odd police officers who're in CO19 haven't made a couple of mistakes here and there? Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

      • Like
    • 14 replies
    • 3.9k views
  3. easy6826
    Started by easy6826,

    Hi everyone, I have my A/D coming up with Derbyshire Constabulary shortly and my question, if anyone can help is this:- If all stages of the assesment are passed, not only by one's self, but also everyone else who attends the assessment on the particular day, will everyone automatically be offered a position, or is there only a certain amount of vacancies regarding special's that would need to be filled? Excuse me if this is a daft question, but surely they can't offer everyone a position can they? Best regards..

    • 10 replies
    • 768 views
  4. rushton1
    Started by rushton1,

    and I am SO nervous! Finishing preparing my answers! Then going to go over them on the 3 hour train journey down to Hendon! WOOO

    • 6 replies
    • 631 views
  5. Glynsmith1
    Started by Glynsmith1,

    I got an email in November about making the short listing for specials. In the email it said i would be contacted shortly for the next stage of recruitment, it’s now feb and i haven’t heard anything yet. Should i get in contact with them or wait a bit longer?

    • 6 replies
    • 599 views
  6. Markgats
    Started by Markgats,

    is it true that the PIRT is bein abolished for specials ?

    • 12 replies
    • 773 views
  7. crowman
    Started by crowman,

    Hi . I am currently waiting for medical forms and vetting has started, bit worried about the financial bit....? . I have a loan which is paid by direct debit and has never had a default. . I had a credit card which i had some late payments on but have now cleared and closed. . I have had some late payments on utillities after moving home and a mix up with the previous property owner. And after reading some of the threads on here concerning this i,m a bit worried. Am i overreacting and being paranoid or not? Anyone had similar problems or can offer any advice?

    • 5 replies
    • 694 views
  8. MrSpecial
    Started by MrSpecial,

    Hello all So Passed Assessment, filed Vetting/Medical and Financial forms! Only slight worry is last month I was pulled for doing 49 in a 40 which I owned up to and the Officer placed me on Speed Awareness which is next month. I was over-speeding because I overtook a slow moving vehicle, my mistake a know! The question is do you think this will effect me? Ive never been pulled by Police as my passion is to be part off the forces Also a note I have declared this on my Vetting form! Thanks for any opinions on this

    • 3 replies
    • 996 views
  9. marshy
    Started by marshy,

    I failed my interview for the special constabulary last month and I'm going to be having another interview in march. Aparantly the examples I gave were not very good and I was hoping there would be someone here who would be able to help me prepare for the next interview by letting me pm them with some new examples and you telling me if they are good enough or not. I'm not asking for anyone to tell the examples. I just need to know if mine are good enough and if not then I'll try and think of a different one. Hope someone can help, really don't want to fail again

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 810 views
  10. loubrad19731546081250
    Started by loubrad19731546081250,

    Hi I have seen that the Beat Officers Companion by Gordon Wilson seems to be a good investment for someone wanting to be a special. Would I need to get the 2011 edition or would 2010 be ok? Does anyone have a copy that they are no longer using, who would be willing to sell it to me? Just an idea?? Thanks Louise

    • 3 replies
    • 1.3k views
  11. ataylor0
    Started by ataylor0,

    Hi everyone. My names Andy, im 19 from Leighton Buzzard. Ive had my Interview for the TVP specials and i was successful!! So when i get fitness out the way, i start training in June hopefully. Im SO happy. Only think im worried about is learning all the different parts of different 'acts'. So for example when you hear an officer saying something like ''im arresting you under section X of the XXX XXX act'' Are these as hard to learn as they look, theres SO many to learn Public Disorder, Misuse of drugs... What others? and obviously under each section there is 1,2,3 etc etc different sections. Are these really that hard to learn them all. Will it be normal to str…

    • 8 replies
    • 743 views
  12. Padz 1999
    Started by Padz 1999,

    Hi, I have my interview tomorrow , but the question I want to ask is.... How do I find out what station I am going to be based in ... I have applied for met police and three areas .. But do they contact us or do I need to go to them !!

    • 6 replies
    • 649 views
  13. Sarah_Lou
    Started by Sarah_Lou,

    Hi, I had a letter to tell me that the interview part of the test, where you have multiple choice Q's and are interviewed by them (sorry not sure what this part of the test is called) is on the 8th January. I have always been nervous about being interviewed and have no idea how im going to make each answer last 5 or so minutes! Really starting to worry now lol

    • 32 replies
    • 2.1k views
  14. braveheart_1314
    Started by braveheart_1314,

    I have just recently passed my standard entry tests for Central Scotland Police and the next stage is the Assessment Centre for two days, the only problem is, I have no idea what will happen here, other than the fitness test. I know there will be no Initial interview, so what else can I expect. I was emailed a famil powerpoint but its not exactly clear on whats going to happen, but more on what I will be assesed on. Posted here as the force specific area is pretty quiet. Can anyone help???

    • 1 reply
    • 1.3k views
  15. stephentaylor10
    Started by stephentaylor10,

    Hey, My name is "Stephen" i am new to the forum!. I am thinking of becoming a special constable for north wales police. There is one thing i am concerned about is my handwriting is not good at all. Its my own fault as in college i always worked on computers.And never tried to improve. So can this prevent my application from going further?. Also i am 20 yeas old. [in case you need to be be 21 or something .] Cheers Stephen.

    • 8 replies
    • 736 views
    Administrative Account

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.