Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. gav1334
    Started by gav1334,

    Have got my initial interview coming up, what do I need to take with me e.g any paperwork of sorts etc

    • 2 replies
    • 440 views
  2. Ashley1991
    Started by Ashley1991,

    Hello everyone my first post here My name is Ashley i am 19 and currently work for a bathroom fitter 3 days a week he pays me cash in hand £20 a day no its not amazing money but the skills i am picking up from him are amazing and will stay for life, in this current economic climate he is really doing me a favor more than anything as im interested in building things etc. anyway! if i put him down as a main reference for the SC or even regulars if the opportunity arises would this cash in hand thing be found out and go against me quite badly and also get him into trouble? as that is the last thing i want it is quite worrying me as i would love to join the SC 3 days a wee…

      • Like
    • 29 replies
    • 3.5k views
  3. zoenic1992
    Started by zoenic1992,

    I've just recently sent off my application to West Mercia to join the Specials and i am waiting to hear the outcome. I'm only 18 and am extremely nervous about he next stages if i am successful in this initial part. My mum and dad are both police officers and are able to offer me some insight as to what to expect but i feel that because i'm so young i may struggle to answer some of the questions i am likely to be asked in the interview stage. I'm so excited to actually be apart of the police force but i often forget the stages and the processes that i have to go through before all this becomes a reality. Is anyone able to offer any guidance or help as to what i may expec…

    • 18 replies
    • 1.4k views
  4. mblessing21
    Started by mblessing21,

    Hi All, I have received my assessment date for becoming a Special, and I am currently in the process of completing the application forms. The only problem is, I have a skeleton in my closet and an ongoing dispute with Souteastern trains led to a court case and me being fined £150.00. The dispute is too long to go in to here, but I clearly knew I was in the right through the whole process. But obviously as it went to court and I lost, does that now mean I will not be able to go ahead with the application? I understand that everybody needs a squeaky clean record when it comes to applying. Thanks!

    • 8 replies
    • 1k views
  5. Captain Vault
    Started by Captain Vault,

    Is anyone on here a Special with Avon & Somerset, particularly in Bristol or South Glos districts? I am in the early stages of applying and would welcome the opportunity to talk to, or meet up with, a Special to find out a bit more before the familiarisation meeting in May.

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 530 views
    Captain Vault
  6. pc_samsam
    Started by pc_samsam,

    hi everyone this is just a random forum about nottinghamshire police. im very new to this forum and i am 20 years old i am thinking of applying in 2015 when the budget cuts for the police are over. The good news is that due to police officers leaving the force there will be a huge recruitment drive in 2015. is anybody thinking of applying then?

    • 4 replies
    • 842 views
  7. PIPPIE12
    Started by PIPPIE12,

    Hello Ladies and Gents I'd like to know if anyone else is going to be training at Sully in May, it would be nice to know who's going! Cheers!

    • 1 reply
    • 2k views
  8. tvpchris11546620630
    Started by tvpchris11546620630,

    Hi all , I am well on the way through my training as a special with TVP at the moment . I have heard about the changes to the specials role within Slough . Can anyone clarify what these changes are regarding specials on neighbourhood teams ? I will prob learn more during training but what does neighbourhood policing involve mainly ? Also is there still a chance to do response ? . I am very positive and looking forward to getting on the streets now knowing I will make a difference in neighbourhood or response :-)

    • 0 replies
    • 470 views
    tvpchris11546620630
  9. Samantha'sammie'Fisher
    Started by Samantha'sammie'Fisher,

    What can i do to prepare for the specials? For example; voluntary work?

      • Like
    • 4 replies
    • 594 views
  10. lizziejane
    Started by lizziejane,

    Hi there, I am in the process of doing the PLC course and was wondering if there are any cd's I can get for my car that has what im learning on it. I think it would really help Thanks

    • 1 reply
    • 640 views
    milkandcookies +
  11. chuddy8193
    Started by chuddy8193,

    ok guys, im new to this site, and need some advice. about six years ago when i was 16, i found a 20 pound note on the floor. i then went to a local shop and attempted to purchase some goods. the man told me it was fake, but it looked pretty good to me. i went to another shop next door, where the same thing happened again. i was then walking home when a police car pulled up and arrested me for trying to obtain goods by deception! i was in a cell for hours, and didnt see a solicitor. i honestly didnt know for sure that the note was fake. anyway, out of desperation to get out, i accepted a reprimand for attempting to obtain goods by deception. since then, i havent been con…

    • 10 replies
    • 3k views
  12. enzoxk
    Started by enzoxk,

    Hi people Another Q On a scale from 1-10 (10 being very hard) how hard is it to be a special constable

    • 5 replies
    • 769 views
  13. Rossco7912
    Started by Rossco7912,

    Hello, Im applying to become a special, I'm just wondering if there is any tips anyone could give me to help out with my application form? Thanks Ross

    • 7 replies
    • 776 views
  14. Vixxer
    Started by Vixxer,

    So I've passed the A/C and fitness, however I've recently picked up a final written warning at work. I work in Telesales and had a customer I couldn't deal with so transfered the call to a different department, something which is done 100's of times a day by my colleagues and I and is encouraged by our direct managers to be done if we can't get a sale as they feel it's not something we should be dealing with as it's costing them money (commission). To cut a long story short I transfered the customer as I felt I couldn't help however our Sales Director thought I didn't try hard enough and as sales are low at the moment wanted to make an example of me so off to discipli…

    • 18 replies
    • 3.7k views
  15. KranjcarBlue
    Started by KranjcarBlue,

    Hi guys, In brief, my situation is this… I am due to start training for the specials soon which I am looking forward to. My aspiration is to become a regular one day!! However, I currently work in a firm of solicitors and have been given the opportunity to sit some exams to get a law qualification. As I have said, my aim is to become a police officer not a lawyer. Will a law qualification help me in any way get either into the regulars, or even help me as a regular move on to a higher level within the police force? I hope this makes sense?! Im sure you would understand that sitting some law exams would take a hell of a lot of hard work and dedication and I woul…

      • Like
    • 41 replies
    • 1.7k views
    Chaos871546081206

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.