Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. LS!
    Started by LS!,

    I am old enough to join the police in 18 months time (might live it longer so i get a few more years "life experience" ) I did work experience with GMP last year and in order to do it I had to vetted. Out of interest, is it necessary to put down the names of half brothers and sisters or is it just close family on the vetting form? Thanks Luke

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 872 views
  2. Fiji888
    Started by Fiji888 +,

    Hey, just seeing if anyone else has done an application this month to the CNC. Just an open discussion really to see how everyone else has found it and if they were any difficulties experienced...

    • 1 reply
    • 780 views
  3. Mr.Honda
    Started by Mr.Honda,

    Hi, I would like to ask few questions about eyesight reiquments... Corrected distance visual acuity must be 6/12 in either eye and 6/6 or better, binocularly Corrected near static visual acuity must be 6/9 or better, binocularly Uncorrected visual acuity must be 6/36 or better, binocularly Corrected low contrast distance visual acuity must be 6/12 or better for a 10% contrast target, binocularly Correction should be worn where necessary to achieve 6/6 binocularly. Corrective spectacles and contact lenses can be worn by operational police officers Field-of-view of at least 120 degrees horizontally and 100 degrees vertically Monochromats will be rejected Mild anomalo…

      • Like
    • 17 replies
    • 3.4k views
    milkandcookies +
  4. EdwardC1546081283
    Started by EdwardC1546081283,

    Hi, I am attending a support session before my day one assessment. I am just wondering if there Is anyone who has been on the support session for assessment day one who could let me know of the structure etc? Also do you have to bring anything along with you? Thanks a bunch Edward

    • 7 replies
    • 834 views
  5. EdwardC1546081283
    Started by EdwardC1546081283,

    Hello Everyone, First of all i would like to thank your for clicking on this Topic. I have applied to be a Special in the Met and got an email through on Wednesday inviting me for the assessment day on the 15th of April! This is great and although i am extremly excited about getting the 'balls rolling' i am also apprehensive. I have been reading various forums and there seems to be many different things which could occour on the assessment day in different constabularys. I was wondering if there is any one out there with any advise that they would like to pass on and share what happend on there assessment day one? Also... Hello to anyone attending the same day, i look f…

    • 13 replies
    • 2k views
  6. RunningTings
    Started by RunningTings,

    Finally finishing the application pack, one thing I've been wondering about is the family section. I've not had any contact with my real father in around 5 or 6 years (through my own choice), and the two sides of the family (mothers vs fathers) are very much separate, so I don't think anyone my side will be able to find out where he currently lives etc. Also it gives room for a stepfather, my mums ex-partner and her split up a while back (I still see him very often as he lives with my brother), however my mum is marrying her new partner next week who would officially be my 'stepfather'. Where do I put my mums ex-partner as obviously he is still family and has a big part…

    • 5 replies
    • 751 views
  7. marshy

    Back in 2006 i passed all the recruitmnt stages and then 3 days after being given my collar number and start date i was told i had failed the vetting stage. I have recently tried applying to the same force again but have been told the decision from 2006 still stands and that im no longer able to apply to that force in any capacity. I have no criminal convictions what so ever apart from a caution for graffiti when i was 15 (13 years ago). I have tried asking why i have failed and if there is anything i do, but i dont get any answers. Athough i have tried appealing it doesnt get me anywhere. If i had done something seriously bad in the past then i wouldn't be wasting my …

    • 14 replies
    • 7k views
  8. Mr So Special
    Started by Mr So Special,

    Just here to whinge a bit! I went for my medical today with Cheshire, I was really worried about failing the hearing test as I know my hearing is a bit shot from the army. I was heading towards to the fail mark, but got through that and it doesn't seem to have gone down too much from when I left 10 years ago. But then as I was sat with the doctor we were talking about my asthma, I had it aged 7-14, joined the army 18 (just, as it should be 5 years clear) left at 24 and it returned. I've had the good ole' Blue ventalin for a good few years now, but about 2 years ago I was given a brown Qvtar easi-breathe to try. The doctor wasn't bothered about the ventalin, as I've ne…

      • Like
    • 18 replies
    • 1.8k views
  9. Chief Rat
    Started by Chief Rat,

    Here's a list of occupations which are typically excluded, i.e. if you do a job on this list, you can't be a Special. This list changes from time to time, and there appears to be some local variation. As far as I am aware, this list is correct at the time of writing (May 2009). Members of Police Authorities Magistrates Clerks to Justice Clerks to Courts Members of employer's police forces Holders of liquor licences, managers of licenced houses and their husband or wife licencees of betting and gaming establishments and lottery promoters Bailiffs and Warrant Officers Probation Officers Members of private security organisations (whether directors, par…

      • Like
    • 238 replies
    • 50k views
  10. Dizzydee
    Started by Dizzydee,

    I currently volunteer as a Special Constable and would like to apply to go full time and become a Regular. However as is the case with a lot of forces, my force is not recruiting presently. I know that a neighbouring force is going to have a recruitment period very soon, however I am not sure if it will look like I'm just jumping ship and only applying to that force because they have openings. I have heard that this can be a hindrance as they may suspect I'd want to jump back to my home force after I complete probation. In truth I just want to join up full time and will gladly serve the community in which ever force I am accepted. I'd appreciate the views of other forum…

    • 6 replies
    • 983 views
  11. BluRayP
    Started by BluRayP,

    I'm 20 years old, and have passed the interview stage of becoming a PCSO. So, i have a eye in 3 weeks time, i am a everyday contact lense user, and i don't highly rate my eye sight, it's been something that i thought could always hold me back from getting into the police from when i was even young. My lense presecriptions are R: +4.50 & L: +5.75 Any answers would be appreciated, thanks.

    • 6 replies
    • 2.2k views
  12. cristine_mk
    Started by cristine_mk,

    Hi, I had my Day 1 assesment on Feb 24th and still havent heard anything about it? it'll be 5 weeks this thursday since my Day1. I've been contacted twice about giving them a bit more info on my previous employment. is this a good or a bad thing? any idea how long it should take to get a response? getting worried lol cheers guys. christine

      • Like
    • 36 replies
    • 1.9k views
  13. Romeooo
    Started by Romeooo,

    Hey all, i know the beep test has been previously discussed but does anyone know where i can get the 15 meter download version for the iphone or itunes? Thank you.

      • Like
    • 8 replies
    • 869 views
  14. Petecouling
    Started by Petecouling,

    Hey, I'm currently filling out my application form for Thames Valley specials and I've got some questions about the Previous Convictions and Cautions section. One of the questions is, "Have you ever been involved in a criminal investigation as a suspect, victim or witness? If yes please enter the details: Date, Offence, Result and Court. about 4 or 5 years ago I witnessed an assault and was a witness in court, Unfortunately I never found out the result and don't remember the exact dates. Does anybody know of a way to find this out? Perhaps going to my local police station? Any help would be great. Thanks :D

    • 5 replies
    • 714 views
  15. Alex-applying-for-specials
    Started by Alex-applying-for-specials,

    hey guys have my prit today really nervous any advice ?

    • 2 replies
    • 545 views

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.