Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Police Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Specials

 
 
This forum should only be used for questions that are regarding recruitment to the Special Constabulary that are not specific to a local force. If your question is specific to the recruitment process in a particular force then please visit the correct force area located HERE
  1. Wrighty112
    Started by Wrighty112,

    I received my date to attend my PIRT next month... :D i was just wondering how many applicants are likely to attend on the day? just trying to get an overall average Regards Steve

    • 15 replies
    • 896 views
  2. Charmainx
    Started by Charmainx,

    I start my training in June and I have no idea what to expect. I'm wondering if anyone has any information such as accommodation, training methods and what I expect to be doing? Is it hard to pass? As much detail and information as possible please.

    • 2 replies
    • 891 views
  3. splang
    Started by splang +,

    As above. It was for a red light infringement about 17 years ago. I have written a letter to the recruiting department to explain this and apologise for my omission. As I only sent my application in on 18th April (haven't heard anything from them but I remembered this FPN after chatting to mother in law) hopefully I will be ok? I have included a printout of the relevant page of the application with the appropriate information filled in. I dont know the exact date though and it has been off my licence for many many years... What do you think folks? Have I done the right thing - although I appreciate I was wrong initially but it was not a deliberate omission. Thanks, Ste…

      • Like
    • 6 replies
    • 989 views
    Rorschach1546081239
  4. Specialeyes
    Started by Specialeyes,

    Hi all I'm due to start my training with the MET on 9th May (Hybrid course - any others here doing that too??) Just wondering about clothing. I intend to arrive in a suit - whether its considered a formal day or not as I think its right to make a good impression - unless of course I get an email before hand specifically laying out what should be worn, however my main question is about PE kit. The pre-reading says you must have black tracksuit bottoms - should these be plain black, or is a Nike/Addidas/Reebok etc emblem or stripes acceptable? It also says you must have a white T-Shirt with your name on - is it OK to print off the letters and 'iron-on' from T-Shirt pri…

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 788 views
  5. Metbandit1
    Started by Metbandit1,

    No doubt this has been covered before but I thought that it would be best to word it in my own way of understanding. I am at the question "What will make you a good special?". Now I'm not looking for an answer to the question because I know they have to be your own. However I'm just wondering the best way to word such an answer to the question (as I presume wording does affect whether they would like to enrol you or not.) Although I achieved B and C in my GSCE English exams I suck at wording such answers. Also are there any tips for the wording of the competency assessment questions too? Im pretty bad at spelling to.... (thank Google for their Google chrome browse…

    • 3 replies
    • 538 views
  6. 9991546081290
    Started by 9991546081290,

    Hi all, I am now 18 and wanting to join Thames Valley Police Specials. But am currently unemployed will this matter? From the age of 16 I was a Thames Valley Police Volunteer and enjoyed this also this looked good on my CV when applying for jobs. I was wondering will this help my application in Thames Valley. Also I was given a Youth Restorative Disposal at the age of 15 for harassment as I know this is not a conviction and the school police officer said this will not stop me as it does not really mean anything is this true? “· a criminal conviction and it does not create a criminal record (fingerprints, photographs and DNA will not be taken) · a sa…

      • Like
    • 9 replies
    • 838 views
    Universally_Challenged
  7. Rachaell
    Started by Rachaell,

    Hello I passed all the stages to become a Special however, I recieved a letter this morning saying i have unfortunately failed due to vetting! I have no idea why There is no one in my immediate family with a criminal record whatsoever! Im in no contact with anyone who is "criminal" How do i appeal? Please help me Thankyou

      • Like
    • 46 replies
    • 13.5k views
  8. SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
    Started by SpecialConstableAlex1546620718,

    Hi everyone, Ive started my training to be a special constable and have just completed my first week. I have exams coming up soon, does anybody know if there is a website were i could get some mock tests with multiple choice questions? topics included: robbery, theft , burglary etc.. any help would be much appreciated

    • 0 replies
    • 3k views
    SpecialConstableAlex1546620718
  9. ululator
    Started by ululator,

    I'm currently applying to become a special for the Metropolitan Police. I am in my first year of university. In my third year of uni, I'll be studying in America as part of my course. If I become a special now, will I be able to continue the role after I return from America? Do I need to tell them of these plans during the application process? Thanks for your help!

      • Like
    • 2 replies
    • 875 views
  10. Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be
    Started by Craig_Cop_Wanna_Be,

    Well as most People on here will know they are hiring next month, all I want to know is does anyone know the process to get application? I am hoping it's not like last year with a mad rush on the phone for 3 hours to get one or will it be online? If anyone could shine any light on this that would be great. All the best Craig

    • 11 replies
    • 897 views
  11. Ontopofahill!

    Hi, Ive wondered that if a full time regular job came up, even though i am within a 6 month application bar to the special constabulary, would i be applicable to apply for a full time post, or does the 6 month bar count to all roles? Cheers Sorry, I just re-read my post and it sounds like im willing to jump ship at the nearest possibility, Im not! , I still want to become a special constable, to gain valueable experience and to give something back to my local area. I was just wondering if there was a bar on all Police positions available! Cheers

    • 6 replies
    • 713 views
    Ontopofahill!
  12. Universally_Challenged
    Started by Universally_Challenged,

    OK people, here's a question I cannot remember the answer to and considering it's late I'm not going to be phoning up the CNC's application info line. When putting information under "previous addresses" do I need to include my uni term time addresses or just use my home address at the time as it was my permanent address? I THINK i just used my home permanent address for my specials app. and there was no problemos with that. Any ideas?

    • 6 replies
    • 626 views
  13. jules2000
    Started by jules2000,

    Hi Peeps I sent off my application for SYP 4 weeks ago now and am wondering if anyone has recently applied and how long it took for them to do papersift?? My colleague applied a while ago and she got her reply within 2 weeks.. I was told that they had received it and were checking it for spelling grammar etc.., also that you are only allowed 10 errors?? that seems a bit much for what it is? Any input would be greatly appreciated. Also if i pass papersift what do i need to expect from the assessment / interview stage i have been told you do a SJT and some kind of report?? has anyone experienced this and if so what is the pass mark?? Thanks Julia x

      • Like
    • 13 replies
    • 1.8k views
  14. SpecialMe
    Started by SpecialMe,

    I have a permanent nerve injury in my hand which means I will probably struggle with the push/pull test. I have wanted to be a special for so long though and am certain will adequately fulfill all the other criteria. Do you know how stringent they are regarding this test?

      • Like
    • 5 replies
    • 544 views
  15. mark1980
    Started by mark1980 * ,

    With the introduction a few years back now of PCSO's do we still need the Special Constabulary. Some have said that the PCSO will take over the work that police officers don't want to do or can't do, but dosen't the SC already do that

    sykes1545925530

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.